2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Aftermarket Guages in a GE8

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks!

So it sounds like Dashdaq does everything scangauge does plus allot more including oil pressure (with the sender attached) with a far better GUI. How does the sender attach to the dashdaq?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gyrotor
Thanks!

So it sounds like Dashdaq does everything scangauge does plus allot more including oil pressure (with the sender attached) with a far better GUI. How does the sender attach to the dashdaq?
From the user manual located here (pg 34): (http://www.dashdaq.com/support/downl...t%209-4-09.pdf)

"DashDAQ has two analog inputs available on the accessory connector. They accept a 0-5v DC signal and are compatible with most automotive sensors. These signals can be displayed on the gauge screens along with any other input."

If you want to connect more then two analog sensors I would recommend something like a Innovate SSI-4 (SSI-4: 4 Channel Simple Sensor Interface) to allow the DashDaq to read an additional 4 sensors (or more if you connect multiple innovate products together in a "log chain")

Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by rhyneba
This is the direction I'm heading. The nav unit works well in the corner window on the driver's side.

ecoRoute hd: Transform your nuvi into a real-time diagnostics computer

Unreal.
Wow, price wise, that is very competetive; and has the "Name Brand" behind it. I have been looking at GPS stuff anyway, maybe not for the "race bred" crew, but great for the everyday tuner wannabes, like me!

I'm honestly a little sketchy about the dashDaq... Something with that many options using Linux makes me nervous.

Great options guys! Anymore?

Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Why are you nervous of linux? Or the fact it runs linux? Would you have it rather run Windows Mobile? Or something completely proprietary?

Maybe its time you re-evaluate linux, goto Radically Simple PCLinuxOS download a copy, burn it to cd, then boot the cd, you don't have to install, just run it as a live-cd, it will not harm your computer, and you can have a chance to re-evaluate how far linux has come.

Personally I'd go with the option for limitless potential... its always the most bang for the buck.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by cloudasc
Maybe its time you re-evaluate linux
I realize how Linux runs. I have had a PC using it, and have a netbook with it as well. I am more concerned that I am buying a set of Guages , not another toy that I can modify! (It's like an itch, you can relate, can't you?)

Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi guys,

Need urgent help, 5" tach have 4 cable to be hook up:
1. Black cable to baterry (-), this is done
2. Red cable to ignition key and continue to battery (+), this is done
3. White cable to dash lamp, this also is done
4. Green cable supposed to be connect to coil (-) or electronic ignition, this not done.

That anyone know where I have to connect this green wire on my GE8?
If you have picture that will be great..

Old 04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by rhyneba
This is the direction I'm heading. The nav unit works well in the corner window on the driver's side.

ecoRoute hd: Transform your nuvi into a real-time diagnostics computer

Unreal.
Ordered one of these thingamabobs on March 2nd, still haven't received it.

Company keeps telling me that Garmin isn't shipping them yet.

Latest estimate for shipping is April 28th.

FYI

Old 04-25-2010, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clicq
I've been using a Scangauge 2 (SG2) for about a month now, what did you want to know? It works... haven't found a really good place to mount it though, for now it's velcroed on top of my dash.
I have mine mounted on the lower dash by/above the fuse box (07). I run my wire out of the fuse box cover "hole". It's mounted (velcro) facing up and viewed through the steering wheel. This spot is usually out of direct sunlight and is easier to see during sunny days. Be carefull not to mount it to far to the right as it can intefere with the steering wheel adjustment.

Last edited by spreadhead; 04-25-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spreadhead
I have mine mounted on the lower dash by/above the fuse box (07). I run my wire out of the fuse box cover "hole". It's mounted (velcro) facing up and viewed through the steering wheel. This spot is usually out of direct sunlight and is easier to see during sunny days. Be carefull not to mount it to far to the right as it can intefere with the steering wheel adjustment.
I mounted mine above my mirror. I bought another network cable, and a female to female network connector from Amazon. You need a 7 foot network cable, got it from Walmart, no shorter. Cable is not visible at all, and the Scangage is velcroed above my mirror and my Valentine Radar detector.

Run the cable under the headliner, under the edge of the pillar Airbag, and down underneath the black gasket to underneath the dash.