2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Console/armrest

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
I had never modified any of my cars by myself before, but I wanted to give this a try. So I bought the armrest/cosole for my 2011 base model from one of the ebay auto dealerships ($180 vs. $240 retail), and it cost another $30 for the 3/4" hole saw, adapter, and a 10 mm socket for the bolts.

I was very happy on how easy it was to do. It probably took only 30 minutes to complete. Getting the parking brake bracket installed probably was the hardest part (as others have said). I just pulled down the wire with my hand to line up the bolts, and then mananged to get both bolts in part way before tightening them up. It took a few tries to get it working.

The commute this morning was more comfortable with the armrest.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know if this armrest will work on the 2007 Model? From what I can tell, it is not designed for the 2007 because the kit includes the armrest replacement covers. The 2007 does not have any armrest and I could really use this.

I like the flip up option, otherwise would look at the Zeta Products. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony

Old 06-19-2011, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ynot984
Does anyone know if this armrest will work on the 2007 Model? From what I can tell, it is not designed for the 2007 because the kit includes the armrest replacement covers. The 2007 does not have any armrest and I could really use this.

I like the flip up option, otherwise would look at the Zeta Products. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony
The 2007 uses a different design for the armrest. In the GE (2009-2011+), you pull out the center console to install the armrest into it. In the GD (2007-2008, in the US)... you REPLACE the center console altogether (for the official one anyway).

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2007-2008 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

Last edited by Goobers; 06-19-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I understand replacing the whole unit, however, can I just use the GE option in the GD? This prevents me from replacing the console and waiting for a console to be available.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ynot984
I understand replacing the whole unit, however, can I just use the GE option in the GD? This prevents me from replacing the console and waiting for a console to be available.
because the GE and GD are two different chassis, I don't think they would fit.

The GE armrest requires slotting into the rear cup holder of the console... and then bolting down into were the e-brake has a bracket. That's a couple of things you need to match between a GE and GD.... and I'm doubting they do.

I haven't heard of anyone successfully install a GE armrest into a GD. Then again, haven't heard anyone attempt it.

Last edited by Goobers; 06-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
I got this installed today without too much trouble thanks to the tips on this thread. A few quick questions for others who have the oem armrest. Do you find that the top doesn't slide forward or backward very easily? Mine seems to require a fair amount of effort to make it slide. Also, when I lift up to open the lid, it requires a little more force than I expected, and it can even slightly lift up the bottom storage area when I am lifting the top to open it. Does anyone's else do this? Otherwise I am very pleased with it, I just which the stitching was blue to match that on the leather shift knob.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lane03
I got this installed today without too much trouble thanks to the tips on this thread. A few quick questions for others who have the oem armrest. Do you find that the top doesn't slide forward or backward very easily? Mine seems to require a fair amount of effort to make it slide. Also, when I lift up to open the lid, it requires a little more force than I expected, and it can even slightly lift up the bottom storage area when I am lifting the top to open it. Does anyone's else do this? Otherwise I am very pleased with it, I just which the stitching was blue to match that on the leather shift knob.
I've encountered the same experience as you have. Love it nevertheless.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the fast reply. I am happy with it as well, I just wanted to make sure that they are all like that and not just mine.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm thinking about breaking down and buying this armrest, and I'm hoping someone out there who already has it in their car can answer a couple of things for me first...

Does anyone find that the armrest gets in the way of buckling your seat belt? I feel like the little fuzzy one that it standard on my '12 Fit gets in the way a little and I figure a bigger armrest would be worse.

The little "hole" right under the armrest, directly behind the e-brake... Is that a usable storage space (i.e. for coins or something like that)?

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by jessep
I'm thinking about breaking down and buying this armrest, and I'm hoping someone out there who already has it in their car can answer a couple of things for me first...

Does anyone find that the armrest gets in the way of buckling your seat belt? I feel like the little fuzzy one that it standard on my '12 Fit gets in the way a little and I figure a bigger armrest would be worse.

The little "hole" right under the armrest, directly behind the e-brake... Is that a usable storage space (i.e. for coins or something like that)?

Thanks!
The bigger armrest is in a different location. Its on the far side of the buckle rather than on top.

that hole is useable. You do lose the rearmost hole, but not the farther forward one.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
The bigger armrest is in a different location. Its on the far side of the buckle rather than on top.

that hole is useable. You do lose the rearmost hole, but not the farther forward one.
Thanks for the info!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed it yesterday. As mentioned in an earlier post, using a long philips screw driver in the round hole of the ebrake bracket as leverage, makes putting in the bolts easy. Bolt threads where not damaged using this method.