2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New Console/armrest

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
lol, me too! I had to borrow a magnet on a stick thingy to fish it out. Be careful when reinstalling the rear bolts to the e-brake bracket, thats when it happened to me.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Does anyone have the center console with the dealer optional aftermarket black leather seats and door panels?

If so, do the colors match up well?

Last edited by olsoncor; 05-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Which aftermarket seat covers are you refering to? I ahev the Clazzio covers and the center console. The color is pretty close, but the texture is a bit different. Looks really good together though.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 AM
I am not referring to aftermarket covers. I am referring to the Genuine Honda Leather option you can request from the dealer. It is a stitched in professional option. Same leather as they use in their accord and tsx.

Im just wondering if anyone has gone this route or is this extremely rare?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Was there really a leather option from the dealer? I would assume it would be a very costly option due to the stealership markup and "professional" installation.

I don't think anyone on here well, no one from the states have the full luxury pack with leather seats and door trim.

I got my armrest from jcuecker for a good price and its probably the best interior mod you can do imo. Other members aren't kidding about losing the ebrake bolt under carpet. It happened to me and I had to fish out. The hardest part about the install was getting the ebrake bracket to line up with the holes. Other than that I love the armrest, don't know how I got along without for 4mo.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by JJIN
Was there really a leather option from the dealer? I would assume it would be a very costly option due to the stealership markup and "professional" installation.

I don't think anyone on here well, no one from the states have the full luxury pack with leather seats and door trim.
Yes there is an option for this from the dealership. You have to ask for it. My local dealership has one on display for showing purposes and the leather looks great.

As for the cost. It is a $1300 option. I find this price to be very reasonable from the dealership because it is Honda Genuine leather, professionally installed, covered under warranty. The leather option includes front and rear seats stitched in leather and all 4 doors are wrapped in leather as well. It gives the fit a much more luxurious feel to it along with the sweet smell of fresh leather. When you factor the hassle free aspect and OEM quality, the price is very reasonable IMO.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
still feels like a dealer option

I had a nissan guy selling me a versa, but was willing to fit it with an aftermarket sunroof (they didn't have one on the lot), and he told me that it would be covered under OEM warranty.

Of course, I didn't buy the car so I have no idea what kind of warranty info I would have been given when I actually had the pen in my hand.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by shegetstodriveit
still feels like a dealer option
Yea that's what was said. DEALER AFTERMARKET OPTION. You could not build a honda fit online with leather nor can you order one with leather. The specific dealer you use has to offer the option. There are 3 Honda dealerships within 10 miles of me and only 2 of them offer the option. One uses honda genuine leather and the other uses coach leather.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Well he's not lying. I got leather seats as on option myself too. I asked the dealer about it and they gave it. I dont know if its real or not but it looks and feels really really great. I am super happy with leather seats. Thats one of the few things I must have in my future cars.

It's a bit more upscale but certainly not as good as upscale as a honda civic. Man the honda civic really looks nice from inside. It makes me regret my decision for buying a fit a little bit.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:10 PM
wicoholic:

Do you know if the center console will match the leather?

The reason I ask is because the dealer will install it for me and wrap it with matching leather, But if it already matches, I would rather save 100.00 and install it myself.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't know. I dont have the center console. I can post pictures of my leather though. So you can have a look at the texture and compare it with the armrest

Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by olsoncor
Yes there is an option for this from the dealership. You have to ask for it. My local dealership has one on display for showing purposes and the leather looks great.

As for the cost. It is a $1300 option. I find this price to be very reasonable from the dealership because it is Honda Genuine leather, professionally installed, covered under warranty. The leather option includes front and rear seats stitched in leather and all 4 doors are wrapped in leather as well. It gives the fit a much more luxurious feel to it along with the sweet smell of fresh leather. When you factor the hassle free aspect and OEM quality, the price is very reasonable IMO.
What dealer are you referring to? Gladstone Honda? I picked up my Fit from there with the leather "option" which came with leather trimmed door panels and heated seats. It does look very professional and the guys down at University Honda in Corvallis believed it looked factory. Whether or not it's genuine Honda leather I don't know, but it definitely doesn't feel cheap.

I've been lingering here on Fitfreak for months since I've had the car. I'll post some pics as well shortly. The car is a bit messy, however.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry if this thread is going off course. I haven't seen anyone else on here with the same interior yet.

The leather is a little dirty as I routinely haul mountain bikes in the car (which is the main reason why I got the Fit in the first place )

Last edited by oDDicAL; 05-20-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
that does look really nice... although i still think $1300 is alot for leather seats and covering the cheap door cardboard with leather.

i would rather go the clazzio route like everyone when i can scrap up $500. and if i want the door panels in leather ill just do it myself and might just write up a dyi.

i guess $1300 is alot to me considering it can buy a set of nice rims or coilovers or intake+exhaust+brakes+pads. im not much of an interior guy as i seek more function and go quicker handle better goodies.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by oDDicAL
What dealer are you referring to? Gladstone Honda? I picked up my Fit from there with the leather "option" which came with leather trimmed door panels and heated seats. It does look very professional and the guys down at University Honda in Corvallis believed it looked factory. Whether or not it's genuine Honda leather I don't know, but it definitely doesn't feel cheap.

I've been lingering here on Fitfreak for months since I've had the car. I'll post some pics as well shortly. The car is a bit messy, however.
Nice interior. REAL nice. I'm curious how effective the door panels are in quieting the cabin. K_C_

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
wtf? you have heated seats?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by JJIN
that does look really nice... although i still think $1300 is alot for leather seats and covering the cheap door cardboard with leather.

i would rather go the clazzio route like everyone when i can scrap up $500. and if i want the door panels in leather ill just do it myself and might just write up a dyi.

i guess $1300 is alot to me considering it can buy a set of nice rims or coilovers or intake+exhaust+brakes+pads. im not much of an interior guy as i seek more function and go quicker handle better goodies.
Well your opinion is different from my opinion. But since you gave me yours...mine is that the clazzio seat covers are wack compared to professional stitched in leather with heated seats, and the leather door panels are a nice touch regardless of how easy you may think it is to cover up some 'cardboard.'

Also, for $1300 your not gonna get much 'go quicker' out of these fits. So while you have you opinion and I have mine, maybe its best for you to read the post and stick to the topic rather than give us feedback on what you think is a better way to my money. There are other posts for best use of money. check em' out.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
armrest installation instructions

Selden, among others, said the printed instructions for installing the center armrest are available online, but I can't find them. The College Hills video is pretty good, but the part where the hole drilling is done doesn't address the locating info. That video doesn't say anything about written instructions either. Any info here would be appreciated.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
nomadman: How is your lighting? There should be marks where you need to drill. They were hard for me to see without direct, bright lighting.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
2010 Fit Base MT. I ordered the OEM armrest and installed it myself today. It's funny that the dealers won't install them on the MT versions (it's not available, really!), since the factory instructions sheet has MT-specific instruction steps on it.

As others have noted, the only really hairy part of the install is bolting in the bracket that goes underneath the emergency brake clip. If you drop a bolt, or a wrench socket, or anything else, it's going to fall into this crevice between the floor carpeting and the frame. Make sure you have a magnetic picker (magnet on a stick, basically) or a VERY STRONG magnet to grab the bolt through the carpet. If you do lose anything, it'll take a few tries to get it out, since the frame is steel and will attract the magnet as well. Wave the magnet around a few times and you'll grab whatever you need. Don't use an aluminum or titanium wrench socket though, you don't want to drop anything in there that can't be grabbed by a magnet.

You'll need to put quite a bit of force on the e-brake cable clip to get the threaded bolt holes to line up with the holes in the clip and bracket. I almost gave up there, but eventually I got everything in. The drill holes need to be in roughly the right place, but the sizes are inexact. They ask for an 8mm hole to get a 6mm bolt through. So, it wouldn't matter that much if you're off by a millimeter or so. If you only have US drill bits, the closest size will likely be fine.

They also ask for a 20mm hole saw, which I did not have. I used a 3/4" spade bit, which is more like 19mm. The rubber caps which go in the hole needed a bit of finagling to get in the smaller hole, but it was no problem. For that hole, best to err on the small side rather than large, as the rubber caps might fall out of a hole that's too large.

Very happy with the armrest. For highway driving, it's nice to be able to rest my arm, and for city, it's actually a more comfortable shifting position than without, in my opinion. The emergency brake is a bit difficult to operate with the armrest top slid forward, so if you use the emergency brake regularly while driving (some people do this), you probably shouldn't slide the top forward.

Quick Reply: New Console/armrest