2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Injen Intake: Install as a CAI or a Short Ram? Suggestions & thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 AM
This could be the reason on the Injen install instructions it tells you to disconnect the battery. On the CAI installl you have to completely move it to route the pipe and filter down behind the battery.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
I was randomly rereading through this and noticed something in particular. You should try disconnecting your negative terminal from the battery and leave it off for like 3 minutes. I think this helps the computer to realize something is different in the engine setup.

I just did my friends 07 civic, we bought a Fujita short ram. It ran awkward at first cuz it seemed to be hesitating whenever he accelerated fast. But then we found that the computer sensor is still setup for stock, so we disconnected the battery for about 3 minutes and man, his engine opened up more lol

I honestly dont have any experience with electricals and stuff, but just want to put out there what worked for me :P

Good luck!
Try this:

Resetting the ECU:

Start car and let it warm up... turn everything off such as internal/external lights, HVAC fan [inside], stereo, disconnect any iPods/thumbdrives, etc.... then turn the engine off...

... Disconnect the negative battery cable, then depress the brake pedal. Re-connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and let it idle for ten minutes (do not rev it!). Turn the engine off again (end of process)... then start and drive as normal.

I received these instructions myself not long ago, for what it's worth... I hope they help.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I just recieved my injen intake yesterday, Installed it. Car is forsure faster in the upper rpoms although down low does feel the same, car drives great, install start to end took me 1h30mins, had to re take off bumper as forgot to re connect fogs fuck lol, ill make my own thread with thoughts and pics tomorrow when im off :P