2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What is the best lowering springe confort wise? I'm thinking about progress springs..

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:38 AM
What is the best lowering springe confort wise? I'm thinking about progress springs..

Hello all,

What are the best lowering springs ride wise for a 2009 Honda Fit Sport? I am looking for something that is very comfortable and I do not want the ride to be harsh. I was thinking of the progress lowering springs (click her to see the springs), which drops the car 1.2" in the front and 1" in the rear, as I do not want to scrape everywhere I go. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the noob question.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM
no one has any suggestions?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
It's Christmas... Give it a few days. Most people want to spend time with the family and to be honest, I doubt that many people at all have had experience in the same car with multiple spring types so comparisons aren't going to come easily. It's not something that you just swap out on a whim like wheels so even during the "non-holidays" you may find it'll take a while to get your answer.

Are you looking for comparable ride quality to the stock fit or better? also, most lowerign springs will give you a harsher ride because of the intent. springs usually are intended for performance and lessening of the body roll which means stiffer harsher rides... usually. Is performance something else you are looking for or is this primarily for show? do you have any other mods planned such as larger wheels?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

~SB

Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Eibach and Tanabe NF is great.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
It's Christmas... Give it a few days. Most people want to spend time with the family and to be honest, I doubt that many people at all have had experience in the same car with multiple spring types so comparisons aren't going to come easily. It's not something that you just swap out on a whim like wheels so even during the "non-holidays" you may find it'll take a while to get your answer.

Are you looking for comparable ride quality to the stock fit or better? also, most lowerign springs will give you a harsher ride because of the intent. springs usually are intended for performance and lessening of the body roll which means stiffer harsher rides... usually. Is performance something else you are looking for or is this primarily for show? do you have any other mods planned such as larger wheels?

By the way, welcome to the forum.

~SB
I apologize, I didn't mean to seem inpatient.

The car is going to be for show; performance is not a concern of mine. I am looking for something as close to stock ride quality as possible as the car is a daily driver. Wheel wise, I would like to put some 17's on the car.

thanks