2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDP GE8 front lip: CAN'T GET THE THING ON THE BUMPER! PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
JDP GE8 front lip: CAN'T GET THE THING ON THE BUMPER! PLEASE HELP!

Obviously the piece is a tight fit for a reason, but I can't seem to get it on. Can someone out there who has purchased this product PLEASE share their experience with me and let me know the best way to get this thing on the car. I need to get it on so I can drill the holes, take it off and have it painted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
do you have the bumper off? it is a very tight fit. slightely put one corner on then force and bend the bumper for the other corner it take alot of strength. once it is on it will stay in place for drilling.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
JDP
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by k20a298ek
do you have the bumper off? it is a very tight fit. slightely put one corner on then force and bend the bumper for the other corner it take alot of strength. once it is on it will stay in place for drilling.

You have to remove the front bumper to install it.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
JDP
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 09blackfit
Obviously the piece is a tight fit for a reason, but I can't seem to get it on. Can someone out there who has purchased this product PLEASE share their experience with me and let me know the best way to get this thing on the car. I need to get it on so I can drill the holes, take it off and have it painted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the bumper to install. You can't install it properly without taking it off.

Give me a call so that I can guide you through the process.

323-327-2036

Old 12-08-2009, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
JDP is right (he should be since he made them ), the bumper cover has to come off, it is a very tight fit.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
The first thing I did was remove the bumper, don't worry. I had read somewhere that removing the bumper was a must. After a long struggle I got the piece on. I don't know if mine was a bit short on the mold but there was no way of getting it on without a little use of the dremell tool. If you put one side on, just do it caught, the other side was almost 1" or so off. As much as I tried to bend the bumper to get the thing on it just wasn't happening. Now that its on, drilled and mounted, I kind of don't want to take it off.

And I don't know what happened to the threads on the GE parts but I searched forever and could not locate one old thread on here about JDP's GE rear diffuser or front lip. I did find the grill and spoiler because those are fairy new posts. What happened to those threads?

All in all, it looks great. But, coming to a decision on painting the thing or coating it somehow will be another story. Thanks for everyone's responses.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
JDP
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 09blackfit
The first thing I did was remove the bumper, don't worry. I had read somewhere that removing the bumper was a must. After a long struggle I got the piece on. I don't know if mine was a bit short on the mold but there was no way of getting it on without a little use of the dremell tool. If you put one side on, just do it caught, the other side was almost 1" or so off. As much as I tried to bend the bumper to get the thing on it just wasn't happening. Now that its on, drilled and mounted, I kind of don't want to take it off.

And I don't know what happened to the threads on the GE parts but I searched forever and could not locate one old thread on here about JDP's GE rear diffuser or front lip. I did find the grill and spoiler because those are fairy new posts. What happened to those threads?

All in all, it looks great. But, coming to a decision on painting the thing or coating it somehow will be another story. Thanks for everyone's responses.
Glad you were able to get it on.

I must have reinforced the fiberglass lip a bit too much which may be the cause since the piece is much thicker (stronger).

My apologizes for the trouble...but I'm sure it'll be worth the hassle since the lip is stronger than ever.