2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why there are no manual fits out there...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Ein
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
Aside from syncromesh gears, how so? That's the only major manual improvement I can think of at the moment.

Auto rev matching. Honda probably will never offer.

YouTube - synchro revmatch

Old 01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ein
Auto rev matching. Honda probably will never offer.

YouTube - synchro revmatch

I wanna test drive a 370 now lol

Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I was poised to buy one of three MT Fit sports in the KC area two weeks ago, and all three disappeared overnight. Friday they were there, Saturday they were sold. There were no other MT sports within 250 miles. I was going to use one of my free plane tickets to go to St. Louis to buy one, but I worked with a dealer who had one trucked in from Davenport Iowa for me. I closed the deal on that one yesterday. I was talking with 5 area dealers via email about this and only one made the effort to find one for me and bring it in at a realistic price. Shipping was $300, but other discounts made up for it. Another told me they could bring in a car for $800-1000--sheesh. I was willing to pay a little more to get the exact car I wanted--I don't want to make payments on something I didn't really want to own but ended up compromising.

All in all I found the car I wanted at the price I wanted, ended up discovering a great dealer that I wouldn't have visited otherwise (40miles away, past 3 other dealers on the way).

I should say there were base MT's available in my area, but Sport manuals were hard to find.

Matt

Last edited by kawracer; 01-01-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Honda should take the hint. When I was looking for a manual it was way difficult especially during CFC. No girly girls in my house. All three of my daughters learned on a manual and all three own manuals.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Anyone looking for a 2009 used Honda Fit Manual GE TW?
I'm selling mine..

Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Manual Honda Fits in Georgia

Hey - I just traded my 2007 Honda Fit Sport with stick and there were 2 more with sticks in the used car lot. Mine only had 19,900 on it if you're interested. I now have a 2010 Honda Fit Sport, but with an automatic. I knees couldn't take it anymore in the Atlanta traffic.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree w/ all of you`

when i bought my 09 fit here in Slumingham, Alabama (here for law school)I could only find one dealer that has a Fit at all-and it was Brannon Honda (DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!. THEY WILL SCREW YOU AND ONCE OUT THE DOOR THEY WILL TOTALLY IGNORE YOU! their service is topnotch though!) . got there and told the sales guy I want a manual. Was tiold that theyd have to order one but, they did have an SSM Sport AUto for me to 'try out'. I did and when i saw that instead of the ubiquitous 4 spd it was a 5spd w/ paddleshift option I began to open up a bit. after driving it I was sold. the auto actually shifts pretty damn fast! almost as fast as I could a m/t!

the only issue was with shifting at redline. you really cant as its too hard to see adn the auto shift takes too long to shift it at6800rpms. what you get is fuel cut off. yay..... thats my only gripe! oh, and there were NO Fit Sport M/T in the B'ham area at all.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
I finally just got one here in Oklahoma. Well it had to be delivered from Dallas and it was my second choice in color.

I do agree, the redline marking is horrendous in the USDM fits. I saw the gauge cluster online of the India version and I like the all red/amber version a ton better. All that blue is soooo ricey. Maybe we can setup an exchange for program.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by mikeual
Honda should take the hint. When I was looking for a manual it was way difficult especially during CFC. No girly girls in my house. All three of my daughters learned on a manual and all three own manuals.
It's great to see that you've set the same rules in your house as my folks did - first time driver only drives a stick, then later an auto. Back a ah..few years ago when I learned to drive the ratio of manuals to automatics were like 5 to 1. As the automatics were more of a luxury and more expensive. Now it like 1 manual to 9 auomatics. And I'm sorry to see the trend go that way.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Just brought home my Fit Sport Manual

And this is my first post too!
There were three Fit Sport manual trans to choose from in Poughkeepsie: white, silver and Orange Revolution Metallic. Of course I chose the Orange. Barely driven it. Had to take it home in Monday's nasty rain storm, then black ice in the morning.
More later.
cheers

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeffe007
when i bought my 09 fit here in Slumingham, Alabama (here for law school)I could only find one dealer that has a Fit at all-and it was Brannon Honda (DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!. THEY WILL SCREW YOU AND ONCE OUT THE DOOR THEY WILL TOTALLY IGNORE YOU! their service is topnotch though!) . got there and told the sales guy I want a manual. Was tiold that theyd have to order one but, they did have an SSM Sport AUto for me to 'try out'. I did and when i saw that instead of the ubiquitous 4 spd it was a 5spd w/ paddleshift option I began to open up a bit. after driving it I was sold. the auto actually shifts pretty damn fast! almost as fast as I could a m/t!

the only issue was with shifting at redline. you really cant as its too hard to see adn the auto shift takes too long to shift it at6800rpms. what you get is fuel cut off. yay..... thats my only gripe! oh, and there were NO Fit Sport M/T in the B'ham area at all.
When did you buy yours? There was only one MT Sport in 200 miles of Tuscaloosa, and I bought it. Sorry if I bought the one you wanted

Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 PM
nah you didnt take mine! i got mine on 14 october 2009. i wanted a 2010 model but all they had were still 2009's. the 2010's were all base models-in manuals but no thank you. i wanted the sport. just couldnt pass that up.! but i do still love it. the auto shifts really really quick compared to auto of just a few years ago!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
No manual? That sux, makes me not want to get the Fit anymore.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
You can find them, but it takes time.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
getting mine

im getting my 09 manual tomorrow,
only 6 in the tri-state area with manual tranny.
Got mine so i'm happy

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
new fit

Got mine today, just in time for the snow. and the nice weather to follow!!!!
Let the tuning begin.
A lot of parts ordered, and more to come.........

Old 02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hatchpat
Got mine today, just in time for the snow. and the nice weather to follow!!!!
Have fun. Drive safely.

Snow here, too.

Cheers.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:28 PM
It's already been said many times in this thread, I'm sure, but wow, Honda really dropped the ball by offering fewer manuals than autos. I wonder where they get the idea that people only have an interest in autos? Furthermore, I can't imagine an auto tranny in a car that already makes so little power. I'm not trying to race the thing, but it seems it would be extra anemic with an auto.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by UNBRE4K4BLE
It's already been said many times in this thread, I'm sure, but wow, Honda really dropped the ball by offering fewer manuals than autos. I wonder where they get the idea that people only have an interest in autos? Furthermore, I can't imagine an auto tranny in a car that already makes so little power. I'm not trying to race the thing, but it seems it would be extra anemic with an auto.
This is an enthusiast site, so a strong desire for manuals is to be expected... but regarding "dropping the ball," have dealers reported stronger interest/desire for manuals than they have been able to satisfy, moreso than the automatics? Do the manuals sell for a higher price vs. MSRP than the automatics VS MSRP?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Will do, thanks.
Going to be a fun time with the new ride..........

Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
Have fun. Drive safely.

Snow here, too.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Why there are no manual fits out there...