2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Navi Update... Worth it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITMugen
Please be optimistic. The copy that I bought from eBay is a genuine Honda Navigation DVD. It was removed from a brand new car that dropped from transporter during transportation. It came with VIN for verification.
Huh? I was referring to the fact that the nav update is available on the popular torrent site thepiratebay.org, but doesn't have any seeders.

BTW: The torrent that they have at the pirate bay is 6.79GB, so if someone finally shares it and we can download it, you'll need a dual layer DVD to burn it on.

Last edited by SheepNutz; 11-30-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 AM
aw man, a dual layered dvd...i dont have that technology.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Is this the same dvd would that would with any 2010 Honda?

Last edited by triton.; 12-02-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by triton.
Is this the dame dvd would that would with any 2010 Honda?
I believe the CR-V, Civic, Element, and Fit share the same navigation system, so they should all have the same DVD (turquoise). I think the other cars use another system with a different color DVD.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clicq
I believe the CR-V, Civic, Element, and Fit share the same navigation system, so they should all have the same DVD (turquoise). I think the other cars use another system with a different color DVD.
Sweet, buddy just got a 2010 Element, guess I need to go to the store to get a dual layer disc.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 AM
dgs
Well my idea bombed since I didn't hear from a single person on this thread. So I'm hoping something is verified as far as a download site. I was willing to split the cost with a bunch of you but if I have to choke up the cash the disc ain't going anywhere.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by dtmbmw325i
I got a letter in the mail from Honda stating that there is a new update available for our navigation system. I went to NAVTEQ - Maps for your Honda Navigation System and I am just seeing a list of cities that were added. Is it worth it for $185 to purchase this or should I wait until the next update?
Are the highlighted-yellow entries the only new items on the CD? Looks like nothing new where I drive? (Also, it looks like you need the Canadian DVD for much of Canada.)

Old 12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
$185 for an update is insane! I'm so glad I didn't get my GE8 with sat nav. I bought a Garmin for $150 instead.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
The $185 would be worth it if you had updates to maps in certain areas plus tweaks and improvements in the Navi itself. I don't see anything about that so I don't see why this is needed for most people yet. Honestly I was looking for mostly firmware updates to fix some of the odd issues with music playing and such. Maybe even a few new features. I wonder if the newer models with the same unit have any updated firmware, can anyone confirm?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by triton.
Sweet, buddy just got a 2010 Element, guess I need to go to the store to get a dual layer disc.
Tell us that copy goes, im definitely interested

Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by dgs
Well my idea bombed since I didn't hear from a single person on this thread. So I'm hoping something is verified as far as a download site. I was willing to split the cost with a bunch of you but if I have to choke up the cash the disc ain't going anywhere.

Saw your note....I would be willing...I have a 2006 Civic, been searching the Hondanavi site, it appears to be the same DVD....

So here is one that would be willing..get a few more and it would be worth it
gp1200x@yahoo.com

Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I would be willing to go in on it.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Those interested in 2010 v6.81A Update PM me. Just confirmed that it is compatible with 2009 Honda Fit Navigation System.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Smile 2010 Turquoise DVD Map Update v6.81A

OK, so I'm a sucker and bought the DVD. Either I never received it or it got lost in the shuffle (I called Honda and they said our nanny signed for it and they would not send me a new one and I should take it up with Fed Ex) and I'm not about to spend another 185 on another one! I just joined this site trying to find a way to get a copy w/o paying for it AGAIN (which is out of the question). From what I've read it seems that there is no gauranteed download that someone has reported to work without problem. I also have not seen where anyone has claimed to sucessfully copy the DVD (and reports this may not work without a commercial copier). Has anyone had sucess? I am happy to share if I ever retreive the one I already paid for. Also looking for reports for those who did buy it or otherwise acquire the update if you think it's worth it.
Thanks!
Jewels

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
dgs
Originally Posted by lajewels
OK, so I'm a sucker and bought the DVD. Either I never received it or it got lost in the shuffle (I called Honda and they said our nanny signed for it and they would not send me a new one and I should take it up with Fed Ex) and I'm not about to spend another 185 on another one! I just joined this site trying to find a way to get a copy w/o paying for it AGAIN (which is out of the question). From what I've read it seems that there is no gauranteed download that someone has reported to work without problem. I also have not seen where anyone has claimed to sucessfully copy the DVD (and reports this may not work without a commercial copier). Has anyone had sucess? I am happy to share if I ever retreive the one I already paid for. Also looking for reports for those who did buy it or otherwise acquire the update if you think it's worth it.
Thanks!
Jewels
Yeah, forum member triton was supposed to get back to me about this through IM and he never did. The last I heard from him is he was testing a 2010 DVD to see if it would work burning it normally to another DVD. I was going to send him a check for shipping costs and the cost of the blank DVD but he never got back me about it.

Tell you what Jewels, I'll make the same deal with you, if you buy a blank DVD and burn the 2010 to it and it works, I'll reimburse you for the blank DVD and I'll cover any shipping charges. I was going to give triton $20 but I'll send you a check for double that if it works. Let me know.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 PM
I've got my people working on getting me a disk from the dealer..... If I can get it I'll try to make a copy using a dual layer disk on a dual layer dvd writer.. if it works I'll might be able to send it via requests

Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
That would be awesome shoe! Keep us posted if you don't mind, thanks!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM
will do if I can get a disk

Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Hey All,

Sorry it's been awhile. Been away for work since Christmas. I've copied the disc and I've attempted to burn it a few times but with no success. Gives disc error. I have the ISO and willing to upload it if someone can make a reccomendation on where to upload it to. Might be my burner, not sure. I've tried it on two Burners now with no success.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
If you have bit torrent, you can upload it anonymously to thepiratebay.org Someone posted one there already, but they haven't seeded it, so nobody has been able to download it.

Quick Reply: Navi Update... Worth it yet?