2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes
57.63%
No
18.64%
Random 3rd option
23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Am I the only one who thinks this?

Am I think only one who thinks the GE sub forum has become extremely lame?
  • Constant reposts about stupid nit picking issues with the car that have all been covered.
  • No one talks about modding or aftermarket anymore. Even if there is a lack of support currently.
Is everyone in here just towing their GE behind there camper now?

Maybe its time I send this car packing, and get back into one with a true enthusiast crowd.

Last edited by BakedCookies; 11-18-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
I'd be modding my ass off if I weren't saving up to buy a house.

Chalk it up to the economy, lack of support, still a pretty new model, nearly all of the mods that exist have been posted for our viewing pleasure. There's nothing left to do but bitch about the small things.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
You make a good point, it's just this forum used to be jumping with activity, people excited about their build dates, JDM_DOHC_SIR with his ultimate threads and people modding like hell with whatever parts they could find.

Now its just mundane... Maybe itll pick back up soon.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey sorry if the Ge section been whack lol i jus got my GE taffeta white on sunday.so stay tuned for some modding updates..so far ive conned the dealership guy to get me the Fit mats for free lol GF got em..100$$ free ty very much lol

Old 11-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
Maybe its time I send this car packing, and get back into one with a true enthusiast crowd.
That might be part of the problem...how many of us really bought the Fit so that we could be part of an enthusiast community?

It would be cool if there were a lot of great mods and aftermarket accessories, but I bought it for the utility!

It seems like there's some activity on the less general forums, also.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
That might be part of the problem...how many of us really bought the Fit so that we could be part of an enthusiast community?

It would be cool if there were a lot of great mods and aftermarket accessories, but I bought it for the utility!

It seems like there's some activity on the less general forums, also.
I don't really see it that way, I see the future of modding going more towards cars that are greener and more efficient. Just because the Fit is slow doesn't mean you cannot make it handle/stop well and still have plenty of fun driving it.

I think things really went down hill with C4C, it brought in a huge influx of people who had owned the same old car forever and just bought a Fit because it was cheap and was within the replacement requirements.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm currently in the process of retrofitting as well as installing side markers.

Hopefully it'll be done tonight and I'll have some pictures for everyone to enjoy/be jealous of!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
I don't really see it that way, I see the future of modding going more towards cars that are greener and more efficient. Just because the Fit is slow doesn't mean you cannot make it handle/stop well and still have plenty of fun driving it.

I think things really went down hill with C4C, it brought in a huge influx of people who had owned the same old car forever and just bought a Fit because it was cheap and was within the replacement requirements.
Good point. We have seen tons of new drivers who don't really know much about the Fit, let alone subcompact cars. Probably a big reason we get a question about the oil change interval every few threads.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus
I'm currently in the process of retrofitting as well as installing side markers.

Hopefully it'll be done tonight and I'll have some pictures for everyone to enjoy/be jealous of!
something to look forward to, better not disappoint

Old 11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
about the "nobody talks about mods anymore"

you have to take into consideration a good bit of the forum here are veteran car owners. and we bought the honda fit to end the modding.

i know iam here just for fun.. iam done with my car modding.. totaly over it, and i still enjoy surfing this forum

Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
its because the GE attracts a different, more square sort of crowd.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, they should remove the subforum all together and just note GD/GE on the subject line when one posts.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Haha I lol'd

Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I kind of thought the same thing about the site being slow as far as build progression. I figure it will pick up when more parts are developed for this car. I bought this car because I liked the utility of it but also saw what mods the GD owners were doing and thought this car is neat looking and has a decent modding scene and also its a Honda. I wanted this car to be like a 4 door EP. For the most part I am satisfied I just have to wait until I get funds. The downside is that with the ECO kick and cost savings Honda put a bit of a hamper on this (again accord had the MAF for the first time so people were having modding issues) by buttoning up the engine to make it less mod-able. If we all stick with it I am sure we will end up just like the GD owners with supercharged or turboed cars that are quick and are fully functional. Just be patient.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
lol ive been building my car for a while and i got some more plans for it, its jsut i don't post about it cuz i never take any pics lol

Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by secondspassed
this............lol

Old 11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
I kind of agree with Vash, I bought the fit to use as a worry free daily for my wife and she doesn't want me messing with the car too much unless it's a feature that she actually wanted.

However I do kind of feel that the slow pace of the 2nd gen fit freak sub forums is a nice relaxing change compared to nasioc or club4ag (on which I normally reside). In those forums the amount of mods, and information is just endless and wastes too much of my time trying to keep up with.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Vash
you have to take into consideration a good bit of the forum here are veteran car owners. and we bought the honda fit to end the modding.
Very good point. I bought mine as a daily driver and replacement for a car that is not very practical. It seems like there is a sizable group of people who bought their Fit as a good, cheap and efficient daily driver as well.

I still love browsing this forum regardless of the somewhat repetitive topics as there's usually very intelligent and informed posters here. We will see some sweet GE8s soon, you can count on that. Its a Honda, its still very new but give it just a little time.

Last edited by Koala Yummies; 11-19-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be modding mine when I eventually take delivery of it. Was ordered on the 14th this month and delivery won't be until the very end of December or early January and I am here in its motherland.

I went with the Honda Access suspension, just drops it 25mm (1"), nothing drastic, but in the future might pick up something more oriented for the track. I will be dropping in some Bride carbon ZetaIIIs as I heard the stock seats are quite heavy. Don't really know myself as I have yet to hold one in hand. But it will be nice to shave weight some weight from an already pretty light vehicle (at least by today's standards).

Other plans, going with J's full exhaust setup, unless I can talk Tanabe-San of Amuse into something of a one-off or prototype for the future. Probably will go with RE30s, just not sure if I want +45 or +53, don't really want to screw with having to roll and/or flare the fenders if happen to go lower later. And some other goodies.

I had to get it in white, the RS is not offered in Taffeta and had to pay a little extra for the Premium White, but I want this thing to sort of look like my old 5R Teggy I had when I lived down on Okinawa a few years ago. So when I get the wheels they of course will be bronze in color.

Hard to believe that the Fit is costing me just $1750 less than what the Integra cost me back in 2003. Thank you weak ass $. Big difference between ¥118/$1 when I purchased in Mar 2003 and a whopping ¥87/$1 of today. How sickening it is.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Mortall kombaaatt !!

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who thinks this?