2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes
57.63%
No
18.64%
Random 3rd option
23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
o ya, i have one of those lying around. i'll just go mod that instead.

Originally Posted by BlueFitSport
Because why would you waste money modding a fit, when you could be modding one of these?

Old 11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by kingofpicklez
o ya, i have one of those lying around. i'll just go mod that instead.
I highly recommend it.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:36 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Originally Posted by kindofblue
I think the lack of crazy mods is attributable primarily to the lack of aftermarket activity / the economy and also because our cars are at max, what, a year old? Isn't the highest-mileage one on FitFreak just 40000 miles?

If you have a real beater Civic/CRX who cares if you screw up the paint or drill a hole or set your backseat on fire. Just go grab another one from the many websites or junkyards that have your part. Once we get a little more comfortable with our cars I think there will be more modding--and props to those that already have!

I'm such a hand-wringing nancy I can't bring myself to even tint or swap for JDM tails, which is what I really want to do, let alone Vash's sick black diffuser mod. It's my first -new- car! That said, Fuse 15 came out the first day of ownership; that was the kind of valuable information I usually find on FitFreak.

It's a little boring to sit back and wait for the new parts to come out, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the rave reviews from Edmunds' long term testing and our second year in a row being named to Car and Driver's Top Ten list.

I can think of one kind of post that is counterproductive to the mission of this forum, though, and I am tired of reading them:

Moving On From The Fit, check out the other car I bought yuo.

"Yo after two months I was tired of how SLOW/UNOBTRUSIVE/NOISY the fit was and how CRAPPY/THIN/UNCOMFORTABLE the interior is and how it doesnt have AWD/STABILITY CONTROL/OVER 190 HP and so I spent another 10/15/20 grand and bought this MAZDASPEED3/BMW/SUBARU and I was SOOOOO impressed that it was COMFORTABLE/POWERFUL/GOT ME LAID AND THOUGH I GOT THE HERP ITS COOL DOG so i guess im saying goodbye to this forum, even though I only made three posts, one introducing myself, the next asking about HIDs and the third bitching about the inherent limitations of a 14-16 thousand dollar car."

Yaaaaaawn. Peace out, doucher, and take your crappy attitude with you. You're clearly not a "Honda person" anyway. But that's the minority of posts; I'm happy to say that (especially compared to Honda-Tech, where I learned all about flaming), the rest of FitFreak is more like this:

BEST POST EVER /THREAD

Old 11-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned
ahhh the corvette one of the top 5 weenie mobiles ever to walk the Earth.......what's next a cockster?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
^Hey Gbaby, your ride looks much better now that it has proper wheels. They look tasteful, not too ricey or anything like that. Good choice.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned
^thank you sir........wanna buy em they're for sale lmao

don't worry staying classy just better sizing

Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
ahhh the corvette one of the top 5 weenie mobiles ever to walk the Earth.......what's next a cockster?
ROFL, you say that owning a 3 series? hahahaha

Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Banned
HAHAHAHHA i always thought it was a mitsu galant

you're knowledge of automobiles is amazing!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
HAHAHAHHA i always thought it was a mitsu galant

you're knowledge of automobiles is amazing!
Wow, you've done alot to make it look like a BMW, a Mitsubishi is even worse.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
WTF? Its a Galant with wheels, how is it made to look like a BMW?

Old 11-29-2009, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member
Remember the Corvette L305 of the late 70s or early 80s with 180 horsepower and automatic transmission?.... Just knowing car like that was sold to people is really troubling to me.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Because why would you waste money modding a fit, when you could be modding one of these?

That's really cool! Your dad is awesome letting you drive it sometimes...

Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Banned
haha qb (sorry i've forgot your name.......) hit the nail on the head......I don't know how a Mitsubishi Galant lowered and on Ray's wheels is an attempt to lookj like a 3 series, they aren't European wheels or anything either lmao

btw a Mitsubishi is a now a weenie mobile? hmm i find that hard to believe

Old 11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Remember the Corvette L305 of the late 70s or early 80s with 180 horsepower and automatic transmission?.... Just knowing car like that was sold to people is really troubling to me.
You don't know much about history do you? Like oh lets say, the oil embargo? During the 70's all cars got their balls chopped off due to federal regulations.

Fortunately for Honda, they never had any balls to begin with.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Banned
hahahaha^ texas coyote lived through that time lmao......and btw you do realize that the 1953 corvette was not exactly a rocket.....btw hondas= no balls hmmm what about the NSX, ITR, CTR, S2k........no torque yes, no power no

Old 11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Lol @ this thread haha

Old 11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
I was hot rodding cars in the 60s and am well aware of what transpired in the 70s..... I don't why you would come on FitFreak and carry on like you do but I can agree with you about the lack of performance of Hondas..... People felt the same about air cooled VWs but there has been more after market parts for them than any car ever built and there were street legal Beatles doing 12 second ETs in the early 70s because of the same kind of people that are on FitFreak were around back then that derived pleasure from driving and modifying their cars....The fact that the Fit was built to be an economical, practical car that happens to handle very well and is fun to drive is much like the VW Beetle that also had a cult following 40 years ago..... It is only fitting (no pun intended) that people would want to modify them for additional performance and enhance the appearance as well..... I am going to have to spend big bucks for better seats for my car just as I have had to do on the last 2 motorcycles I bought because of degenerative bone disease and scoliosis and I will probably still be driving this car until I am not able to drive any more..... By the way there were 2 oil embargoes in the 70s 6 years apart and also a shortage of fuel in 1981.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
re mods vs dailly driver

I find this time of year (winter) discourages an mods. Rolling around on a cold garage floor dose not interest me any moreI also feel that more /better parts and acc. will come on the market as the newer fit matures

Last edited by bigisland; 01-20-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Some of us bought the Fit as a replacement vehicle. We used to have a 1995 Accord that got flooded and decided to buy the Fit because #1, it's a Honda, #2, it's economic, #3, it's very roomy for it's size. In this forum, there is a lot of technical information that is very helpful and it's shared among everybody. I also belong to the S2KI forum for the same reason.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I doubt there will be a whole lot of mods for the Fit, at least not many that help performance. Face it, it's not a performance car. It is decent performing, and fun, but can't compete performance wise without massive bucks invested. Why bother, when more adaptable cars are easily available. MOST Fit owners bought them for the utility, not speed. Small market for suppliers to invest in.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who thinks this?