2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes
57.63%
No
18.64%
Random 3rd option
23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Don't want to really pull this off topic, but Koala asked for some pics of my old Teggy.

Name:  Okinawa34.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  97.6 KB
Name:  Okinawa41.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  57.6 KB

I want to make my Fit look similar to it, paying homage to one of the most fun cars to drive I have owned.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Damn thats nice!!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Don't want to really pull this off topic, but Koala asked for some pics of my old Teggy.
I want to make my Fit look similar to it, paying homage to one of the most fun cars to drive I have owned.
Very nice Integra! That is a sick DC5. Well done DC5s are a dime a dozen and you have good taste in parts and style. A Fit done with quality parts and great taste like that will be a head-turner. Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I bought mine for good, cheap, reliable transportation. That said, I just can't leave any car alone. While performance will never be a Fit strong point, there are a lot of other stuff you can do, and cheaply. Just makes it fun and personalizes the car. I get a lot of ideas from the Forum, some good, some not so good, and some just wacky. But I get to pick and choose. So..I like it like it is.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I never come here anymore. People arent coming out with parts, and im tired of old people complaining about whatever slight fault they find with the car.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
maybe if they fix the problem so the front page loads it would help. 3 months and Chrome still post an error message. We are in a no mans land as far as modding. people are stopping some production of GD items and not yet making GE items.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I never come here anymore. People arent coming out with parts, and im tired of old people complaining about whatever slight fault they find with the car.
man you hit the nail on the head, this is exactly how I am feeling!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
I am an old person that wouldn't have even considered buying a Fit if the first article I read in Car & Driver hadn't said the after market will be around with parts to improve the power issues... I spent over $4200.00 on performance enhancements last spring.... Most of what I see most people calling mods are strictly cosmetic and either do nothing for or hamper the performance and function of their cars....Most of the complaints about the car that I have seen are by spoiled youngsters that aren't old enough to remember what it was like to drive the crap cars we had to drive that would self destruct before 50,000 miles.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
I had option to get 2009 Accord Coupe/Sedan, 2009 Civic Si Coupe/Sedan, or a 2009 Fit Sport.

I went with the Fit just beacuse every corner there is a new Si. The new Accord just are way to big for me. So that narrowed it down to the Fit. I test drove it and my friend (the salesman) said I had the biggest smile on my face...so that sealed the deal.

May seem off-topic or w/e, but I think the Fit is just as much fun as a stock S2000 (which I have driven). So yea my car will be modded as a driving enthusiast vehicle.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Don't let it drag you down man. Just ignore the bitching

Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
this might just be me but is anyone else sick of all the lame Fit puns in every other thread title??

i agree with all that has been said: demographic, economy, terrorism, richard simmons... they're all to blame for how terrible fitfreak.net has been lately. at least the socal local forum is still fairly active

Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Don't let it drag you down man. Just ignore the bitching
That's what makes the world go around, everyone is a bit different, so like above, don't take stuff to heart that you find pointless. When you think about it, those that are going to modify a Fit are probably in the vast minority of all that own one.

Another reason why you may never see a huge aftermarket supply line like previous Honda models. Though there should be, as this vehicle is similar to the old EF Civic and CR-X when it comes to power and weight. Those 2 models are what set up the huge industry for imports.

Just sit back, relax and wait for others like yourself to post up their mods and what not.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Preach it sexydrive.

I still think think some of the tuning houses are holding back and still waiting for the market to blow up for our vehicles

Old 11-27-2009, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Too many useless topics with uninformative titles.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
I don't really see it that way, I see the future of modding going more towards cars that are greener and more efficient. Just because the Fit is slow doesn't mean you cannot make it handle/stop well and still have plenty of fun driving it.

I think things really went down hill with C4C, it brought in a huge influx of people who had owned the same old car forever and just bought a Fit because it was cheap and was within the replacement requirements.
Don't blame cheap on being the reason I got the Fit due to C4C it was actually do to the safety ratings and the fuel economy and then the price was decent as well.

And all in all I don't want to mod a car or spend a ton of money on a car that I am using to get around town. I have ATVs that I drag race all summer long (where I don't get speeding tickets) which is my adrenaline rush. The Fits only have what 118HP stock that isn't a good foundation IMO to build a "racecar" out of so I won't plus the fit stock does fine for me in and out of traffic so why make a car faster causing me to get my first ticket? That life just isn't for me.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned
^in saying price was decent as well you just stated being cheap WAS A FACTOR

and btw the Fit is a great platform for modding, was the CRX a powerful beast when new, no like 85 hp........and look at those today

Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
lol nothing a swap can`t fix ahhaha

i`m just tired of hearing people complain about how much every part is...sayin how its always too much, and blah blah blah....wah wah.

parts are going to be expensive, specially for those who want brand name and quality

if you can`t a good deal, then try harder lol don`t cry about it

Old 11-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
^in saying price was decent as well you just stated being cheap WAS A FACTOR

and btw the Fit is a great platform for modding, was the CRX a powerful beast when new, no like 85 hp........and look at those today
I agree with what you are saying but I first of all didn't get the cheapest which would be the base model on top of that there were tons more deals on Yarsi's, Vibes, The SX4(in comparsion models FWD not the AWD ones) that were about 1 to 2 grand less so if I wanted price I would have went with one of those cars but I liked the fit more in most other departments so I chose it.

If I wanted a car to mod and go fast I could have bought a Srt-4 for about $12,000 in my area and kept my 4 wheel drive vechical. But modding a car that is driven on the street all the time NO track it isn't a good thing IMO to mod the crap out of them to make them go fast that will only get me in trouble....like I mentioned before I drag race for fun on ATVs....shoot I am good off the line so much so I pissed people off in the Grand Vitra that I had b/c I can launch off the line so much better in town then them when I would make the shift into 2nd gear they would blow by be do to the SUV lacking power.

I don't need a fast car....and the fit is everything that I need in a car.

I don't understand why people get frustrated with the fact that people bought the economically friendly cars and don't want to mod them....in my mind it is simple it is a foundation of a car that many things can be done with....a family car, college car, fun little car, economical car, and safe car and many people bought it for many different reasons not all one reasons like this thread makes it sound like it should be.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Because why would you waste money modding a fit, when you could be modding one of these?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I think the lack of crazy mods is attributable primarily to the lack of aftermarket activity / the economy and also because our cars are at max, what, a year old? Isn't the highest-mileage one on FitFreak just 40000 miles?

If you have a real beater Civic/CRX who cares if you screw up the paint or drill a hole or set your backseat on fire. Just go grab another one from the many websites or junkyards that have your part. Once we get a little more comfortable with our cars I think there will be more modding--and props to those that already have!

I'm such a hand-wringing nancy I can't bring myself to even tint or swap for JDM tails, which is what I really want to do, let alone Vash's sick black diffuser mod. It's my first -new- car! That said, Fuse 15 came out the first day of ownership; that was the kind of valuable information I usually find on FitFreak.

It's a little boring to sit back and wait for the new parts to come out, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the rave reviews from Edmunds' long term testing and our second year in a row being named to Car and Driver's Top Ten list.

I can think of one kind of post that is counterproductive to the mission of this forum, though, and I am tired of reading them:

Moving On From The Fit, check out the other car I bought yuo.

"Yo after two months I was tired of how SLOW/UNOBTRUSIVE/NOISY the fit was and how CRAPPY/THIN/UNCOMFORTABLE the interior is and how it doesnt have AWD/STABILITY CONTROL/OVER 190 HP and so I spent another 10/15/20 grand and bought this MAZDASPEED3/BMW/SUBARU and I was SOOOOO impressed that it was COMFORTABLE/POWERFUL/GOT ME LAID AND THOUGH I GOT THE HERP ITS COOL DOG so i guess im saying goodbye to this forum, even though I only made three posts, one introducing myself, the next asking about HIDs and the third bitching about the inherent limitations of a 14-16 thousand dollar car."

Yaaaaaawn. Peace out, doucher, and take your crappy attitude with you. You're clearly not a "Honda person" anyway. But that's the minority of posts; I'm happy to say that (especially compared to Honda-Tech, where I learned all about flaming), the rest of FitFreak is more like this:

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who thinks this?