2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes
57.63%
No
18.64%
Random 3rd option
23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not new to forums, but I am new to car forums. I didn't realize modding was the measuring stick of a good car forum. I found this place when considering a Fit. I thought it was excellent resource. I think it still is, although the typical reposts are a total drag- which is common on every board. Since I'm not a modder, I've wondered how long I'll hang in here. I mean, you get a Fit and it operates pretty damn reliably, so what's to talk about?! I supposed when I tire of the board, I'll fade away. But it is a great resource still, regardless of how many mods are or aren't being done, imo.

Dan

Old 11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
You make a good point, it's just this forum used to be jumping with activity, people excited about their build dates, JDM_DOHC_SIR with his ultimate threads and people modding like hell with whatever parts they could find.

Now its just mundane... Maybe itll pick back up soon.
Maybe we've just hit a lean spell for now. Who knows when or what exactly people decide to start modding their GEs

Personally I thought it was the GD subforums that had become relatively silent because more people seem to have GEs now...

Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned
Wow sweet Type-R!!

I def bought my Fit to keep mostly stock but I did put rims on it, tinted the tail lights, polished the exhaust tip and added a new shift knob. My favorite mod was the defrost A/C disconnect. Oh and the $20 keyless entry.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
I got the Fit to replace my old DD under the C4C program and only expected it to be my DD. Nothing else. My fun car is the S2000 in the sig. That's really the car I mod/thrash/track for fun.

Having said that though, the Fit has grown on me a lot, and I do plan on adding some things to it. But most importantly is that I need it to be exactly the way it is: functional, with a lot of space that sips on gas.

Plus, I REALLY like the non-balla status of the car...all my friend's drive BMW, MB, Acura, Infinits, etc. So I am anti-balla. I <3 this car...

Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
I knew that had to be you Koala Yummies, I mean what would the chances be of someone else naming themselves that on a forum. This is let me remember, from H-T DC5RK20A or B16ASiRII. On ClubRSX it is K20ADC5R. My new moniker came from one night at a custom night back on Okinawa and a local rag was there and wanted some input or short saying, so I told them to put 555sexydrive as in Go Go Go sexydrive...since I'm well sexy and love driving, but more so because when my 5R Teggy was out at gymkhana it was pure sex to drive. hahaha

Keep enjoying your S nisen PilotSi, I know I am going to miss mine a lot, but the next play car is going to be a NS-X for sure, but I have been scoping out another 5R Teggy here that is almost about what mine was.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 11-19-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:17 AM
Am I think only one who thinks the GE sub forum has become extremely lame?
  • Constant reposts about stupid nit picking issues with the car that have all been covered.
  • No one talks about modding or aftermarket anymore. Even if there is a lack of support currently.
Is everyone in here just towing their GE behind there camper now?

Maybe its time I send this car packing, and get back into one with a true enthusiast crowd.
wow I highly suggest you spend more time with family as family is #1.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT410S
wow I highly suggest you spend more time with family as family is #1.
Really... Really?

WTH, how does this thread even begin to convey to you the amount of time I spend with my family.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Koala Yummies
Oh hey look its the Mitsubishi Galant kid again, haha!
Hey hey come on now Koala. We welcome everybody to this forum.

Very nice Type R sir!!

Really... Really?

WTH, how does this thread even begin to convey to you the amount of time I spend with my family.
I don't know I'm confused by that too lol

Old 11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
I am sure that when the after market has finally gotten around to realizing that there are people that want to personalize and improve the performance of the GEs there will be more thread by people that are modifying their cars..... Just be calm, you will appreciate what can be done after driving a relatively stock Fit for awhile.... Those with GDs had to either go JDM or nothing for a long time and now prices on things are finally dropping to a more reasonable price.... The manufacturers are responding with parts for the GE at a much faster rate than for the GD.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned
well i guess the GD, no me gusta the GE......btw i will say this

DOPE TYPE R

Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member

~Sigh!

I miss My DC2 (even if it was only a C1) the Exhaust note was nice.

I gotta say, that I had a 3.SE Altima after the GS-R but the FIT has been the most fun I've had since the DC2 left the garage.

Very Clean R

~SB

Old 11-19-2009, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
DOPE TYPE R[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.... I came back just to look at it again and yes Fits are lots of fun.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I knew that had to be you Koala Yummies, I mean what would the chances be of someone else naming themselves that on a forum. This is let me remember, from H-T DC5RK20A or B16ASiRII. On ClubRSX it is K20ADC5R. My new moniker came from one night at a custom night back on Okinawa and a local rag was there and wanted some input or short saying, so I told them to put 555sexydrive as in Go Go Go sexydrive...since I'm well sexy and love driving, but more so because when my 5R Teggy was out at gymkhana it was pure sex to drive. hahaha
Haha! Hello! Thats so crazy we find people from other sites we remember. I definitely recognize the old screename. That is a great story for the new name, it is sure to stick. Do you have any pics of your Integra?

Originally Posted by TurboManGT
Hey hey come on now Koala. We welcome everybody to this forum. Very nice Type R sir!! I don't know I'm confused by that too lol
Yeah that is my mistake, I came off a little to strong and negative. It'll be all friendly from now on, no quarrels. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
well i guess the GD, no me gusta the GE......btw i will say this DOPE TYPE R
Its all good, there are no harsh feelings over here, and my apologies for posting like a jerk. And thanks. : Passes over a beer:

I might edit that post, I did not mean to pull the thread off topic or become an attention-ho, but I appreciate the compliments. I didn't know there were so many Fit owners who were former Integra owners as well. Lots of Honda love here.

Last edited by Koala Yummies; 11-19-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
What I want to know is why we don't have a whistle tip thread. Bubb rubb is very displeased.

Seriously though some do complain WAY too much. People on Chrysler Sebring forums don't complain about their car as much. Some of the complaints are obviously due to the demographics of our car. Nobody complains the way the 40+ crowd does glove box rattles? I mean really?

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 11-19-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
I wonder if they still make Orion beer on Okinawa?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned
i deleted my a$$hole post lol

but yeah, i gotta say even though i'm a known GD supporter both generations have been dead lately.....don't worry the Galant forums are pretty dead lately too

Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Banned
Since things are so boring over here you guys can check out some turbo Dodge vids. This one has an annoying chick talking but check out the et and trap speeds on these 2 street driven cars. Omnis respond well to mods.

YouTube - Battle of the Omni's...Reeves vs Marra.

Another one of the black Omni with a little GTR eye candy. Little torque steer.

YouTube - Reeves Racing Omni....new best MPH!

Here's a Dodge Shadow beating a Mustang. It has some mods on it. NOT street driven.

YouTube - Brian Slowe 2 Dodge Shadow BSX

Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
That might be part of the problem...how many of us really bought the Fit so that we could be part of an enthusiast community?

It would be cool if there were a lot of great mods and aftermarket accessories, but I bought it for the utility!

It seems like there's some activity on the less general forums, also.
I bought a fit because it was a cheap, reliable car with a good bit of utility. I bought it C4C and probably would not have without the program. I did not buy it to be a fit enthusiast, but I did join this forum to learn some things and consider some functional, not flashy, mods. One for example is adding cheap keyless entry.
Very good point. I bought mine as a daily driver and replacement for a car that is not very practical. It seems like there is a sizable group of people who bought their Fit as a good, cheap and efficient daily driver as well.

I still love browsing this forum regardless of the somewhat repetitive topics as there's usually very intelligent and informed posters here. We will see some sweet GE8s soon, you can count on that. Its a Honda, its still very new but give it just a little time.
I agree with all this...
Originally Posted by PilotSi
I got the Fit to replace my old DD under the C4C program and only expected it to be my DD. Nothing else. My fun car is the S2000 in the sig. That's really the car I mod/thrash/track for fun.

Having said that though, the Fit has grown on me a lot, and I do plan on adding some things to it. But most importantly is that I need it to be exactly the way it is: functional, with a lot of space that sips on gas.

Plus, I REALLY like the non-balla status of the car...all my friend's drive BMW, MB, Acura, Infinits, etc. So I am anti-balla. I <3 this car...
Agreed man. My fun car is in my sig too.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by fmcfad01
Agreed man. My fun car is in my sig too.
Sigh.....I'm still looking for mine. I think I might go E86 though

Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I for one love the style of the GE. In fact I kinda wish I waited for it's release instead of scouring the Las Vegas Valley for one of the last GD's. I really thought the Fit would be the second coming of the EG or EK hatch but neither seems to have caught on all that much. It's fine with me though I would rather be one of the few with a modded Fit than one of the many that gets stereo-typed as a racer w/ a Civic or Integra. To me the Fit falls into the mature type of modding that comes with more expensive vehicles to mod (BMW, Audi, or S2k even.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who thinks this?