2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I love my Honda Fit, but .................

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
The baby on board signs in the rear window of Volvo Wagons being driven by people that would cut in front of you in traffic jams and slam on the brakes..... I really hated the 80s.... I drove a slicked out 72 Cadillac Hearse with a "Dead Baby On Board" sign in the rear window..... The skaters and freestyle bicyclist that hung around my bike and skateboard shop loved it but some people were offended. If there are any Freaks from the Sherman Gainesville area on fitfreak they might remember it.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by x-rayted

My honda jazz is 1.3 (some say 1.4 but actually 1.34) fun which comes with 16 alloys (185 55 16) , front fogs, panorma roof,VSA, 8 airbags, digital AC, Cruise control, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlights etc..

Tell us more about the rain sensing wipers, auto headlights and digital A/C. Did you do these mods? They are not standard are they?

THanks

bill

Old 03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
They are standard in other countries where small cars are respected.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Those of us that appreciate owning and driving small cars in the U.S. are looked upon as red headed step children with a death wish and no sense of responsibility..... Most people here think that if a car is small it is meant to use the lowest available grade of gasoline even when the owners manual specifically advises to not use fuel wit an octane rating any lower than the lowest sold here and yet no where else on the planet.... As long as the bulk of the consumers here have such attitudes we will never get the type of quality small cars that are sold in Europe, Asia and elsewhere.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Those of us that appreciate owning and driving small cars in the U.S. are looked upon as red headed step children with a death wish and no sense of responsibility..... Most people here think that if a car is small it is meant to use the lowest available grade of gasoline even when the owners manual specifically advises to not use fuel wit an octane rating any lower than the lowest sold here and yet no where else on the planet.... As long as the bulk of the consumers here have such attitudes we will never get the type of quality small cars that are sold in Europe, Asia and elsewhere.

AMEN!!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
OK but interesting I have not seen anyone trying to mod our N.A. Fits with any of these. The A/C looks interesting. I would like to know how it works. Is the lowest circle area which we use for air direction now a blank?

Name:  0052.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  73.5 KB

Old 03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
It's not a blank, that is the display for the unit. The rain sensing wipers, they increase with speed and slow down when you come to a stop. It's a nice feature, this also was on my 5R Teggy, but the US model S2000 I purchased 4.5 years later didn't have it. Now the Fit a much lower priced car has it. The auto headlights have just that an auto mode, if left in it, there are sensors that know when it is dark enough and turn on the headlights, parking lights and rear lights. When you power the car off, the lights completely turn off. These are standard items, at least on most of the Fits here, maybe the lowest grades don't get it.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
It's not a blank, that is the display for the unit. The rain sensing wipers, they increase with speed and slow down when you come to a stop. It's a nice feature, this also was on my 5R Teggy, but the US model S2000 I purchased 4.5 years later didn't have it. Now the Fit a much lower priced car has it. The auto headlights have just that an auto mode, if left in it, there are sensors that know when it is dark enough and turn on the headlights, parking lights and rear lights. When you power the car off, the lights completely turn off. These are standard items, at least on most of the Fits here, maybe the lowest grades don't get it.
I wonder why we did not get these options on NA models? I guess they did not need to offer them as not the same competition for sales?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 AM
Lek
CMN Auto $933. He can order left or right hand.

http://www.cmn-auto.com/product.deta...460219?lang=en

Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
CMN Auto $933. He can order left or right hand.

áÍÃì´Ô¨ÔµÍÅ Jazz GE - - Please email us for more information.
Lol! Lek, I don't think that would work so well on USDM Fits... the controls are facing the opposite direction in the dash on USDM models!

What a shame too... I would change them out in a second if it were possible.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
Annun - left or right available he said.

Lek - Is that all? lol. I will pass.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
I'm with 555sexydrive on the body style issue [from another thread]. While I don't dislike the USDM body style, longer nose or otherwise, I prefer the shorter, more stubby JDM body style.

I will have to say though, and this is complete personal preference which, has no basis for claims of one being/looking better than the other, I like the USDM instrument cluster much better than the JDM cluster. The vivid, glowing blue gauge background w/raised, backlit blue/white speed markers is more appealing to me than the red-based gauges of the JDM cluster. That's one reason I would never purchase a Mazda... all that red on the dash would make me crazy after staring at it awhile.

The red cluster is definitely nice-looking, but if the USDM Fit gages were red I possibly wouldn't have purchased a Fit. The USDM cluster is extremely sharp-looking. My wife says it looks like the console from a starship in a Sci-Fi movie, or something along those lines. The cluster blew me away when someone recommended I look at the Fit, and I finally saw it in person.

I've owned or driven lot of cars. Can't remember even one that I thought was absolutely perfect... no complaints at all. Unless you're able to completely design and build a ride from the ground up, no one will ever be totally happy... no matter how large or small the complaint.

If I want comfort, mega-space, mega-features, conveniences and complete luxury, I'll have it... I'm not getting rid of my other ride. The Fit will be my DD (the runaround ride), my gas saver, and my "tinkering" car. It's gonna' be fun! Even my test drives were a blast.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Annun - left or right available he said... I will pass.
Oh, ok... I didn't see that. I only saw the price and the link... didn't bother with the rest. Although, the price is more than enough to make me pass. It doesn't add enough features to warrant paying that price. Apparently you feel the same, B3sr!

Even though my other post states I don't care for the red JDM gauges, I thought that if I got tired of the dash I could purchase one of the red JDM clusters, pop it in for a brief change once in awhile. When I popped the USDM cluster back in I would be thrilled with the gauges all over again... an occasional change of interior scenery.

Screw that! The Fit cluster (JDM or USDM) cost almost $500.00! I can't believe a relatively simple instrument cluster, regardless of color scheme, would cost that much. I was expecting around $300.00 maximum. Man, was I shocked. Compared to other brand vehicle clusters, that's outrageous.

Aw well, like I said... the red gauges would probably make me crazy in no time... it would be a very brief cluster changeout.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Lek
That price includes the housing and everything behind, too.

Even so, $900 is a lot for a bit of fancy plastic. Wait until the new Fit update comes later this year. It will have this style.