2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2010 Owners - Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 AM
2010 Owners - Bluetooth Question

Any 2010 Nav owners using the Handsfreelink system? I'm curious what your reviews are and if there are any better systems for our cars. I've read that the unit available at College Hills doesn't tie into the radio on the '09.

Sorry if this has been talked about. I've tried searching Bluetooth but can't find a solid review.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rockstar4hire
Any 2010 Nav owners using the Handsfreelink system? I'm curious what your reviews are and if there are any better systems for our cars. I've read that the unit available at College Hills doesn't tie into the radio on the '09.

Sorry if this has been talked about. I've tried searching Bluetooth but can't find a solid review.
I'm really interested in this too, as I have a 2010, and would like to be able to just get into the car and not have to even don a headset... Really, no reviews for the bluetooth klit?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I ended up ordering it from YourHondaParts.com - Save On Factory Honda Parts! and installing it myself. I love it. One thing to note is that it doesn't tie into your Nav/Radio at all. It's a separate system that operates independently from the head unit. Now, at first I thought this would be annoying, but it's turned out to be great. I have to turn the radio down before I answer the phone, but I can keep the radio on if I want, which is a cool option. If I have audio I want to play for a friend over the phone, they can actually hear it. Also, the mic is great. People can't tell I'm using my bluetooth when I'm on it. I mounted my phone charge (Touchstone Dock) next to the shifter, so I can see who's calling by looking down. To answer a call you reach above your head and hit the button. The system also stores numbers for quick calling. You push the button, say "Call Sam" and it calls Sam. To date I've had zero issues.

Installation was involved and I had to cut a hole in the headliner on my 4th day of owning it, but as long as you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you'll have no problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Installation was involved and I had to cut a hole in the headliner on my 4th day of owning it, but as long as you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you'll have no problem.

Thanks so much for the follow up! My next question was going to be about the installation, but from your description, and a good look at the installation PDF it seems totally doable- just looks like it would take some time..

I've already cut into the floor for the carpets, so I'm comfortable with the surgery part

And thanks for the link to that parts place. It appears from the install PDF that I need two kits, a base install kit, and an attachment(parts) kit. P/N's 08E00-E10-100 and 08E02-TK6-130 respectively. Is that what you ordered? Because those two items together from yourhondaparts.com are about $30 cheaper than college hills honda. They're pretty close on other parts, but that's a big difference for the HFL kit!

Last edited by cruiserandmax; 12-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cruiserandmax
those two items together from yourhondaparts.com are about $30 cheaper than college hills honda. They're pretty close on other parts, but that's a big difference for the HFL kit!
Scratch that, yourhondaparts wants $40 for shipping vs $15 from the dealer.. Still $5 cheaper though.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Yep, you need both parts. The guys at yourhondaparts.com were very helpful. I suggest checking their sales on Ebay, because they are selling items for even less than their website!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, you need both parts. The guys at yourhondaparts.com were very helpful. I suggest checking their sales on Ebay, because they are selling items for even less than their website!
Good call- not only are their shipping rates a bit lower through the eBay auctions- but since it's eBay I can use bing cashcback which is currently at 8%!! Now if it just goes up to 20% sometime before xmas like it did last year I'll be a real winner

Old 12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Good call- not only are their shipping rates a bit lower through the eBay auctions- but with cashback it came to $360 shipped for both parts through eBay. Thanks for that heads up!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member

So I have the kit and am doing the install now, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the sun visors off as the instructions describe. Though the more I look at it, I'm not really sure why the visors (and the left grab handle) actually have to be removed. Were you able to get the sun visors off? I'm wondering if the cables can be routed without removing the visors.