2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

US Fit vs. Other Fit/Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Lek
Maybe even a Jazz Type R 2.0 L in Thailand. Keep dreaming.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by stratos
The skyroof (glassroof or whatever it's called) available in the European and some Asian markets is the one feature I really want It would've made Jazz ownership so much more pleasurable.
Well I realy miss 1,5 cc or higher

So called panaroma roof looks realy fancy and gives extra joy in driving and light up cabin but it takes a little head space for the rear passengers.

You can check the panorama roof here (360º view)
Honda Jazz, Ac-Mobil d.o.o.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eljuero
Hey, in that Panorama that Fit also has a fold-down armrest for the rear seats. That is something I hope comes to the states before I buy my next Fit.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member

So called panaroma roof looks realy fancy and gives extra joy in driving and light up cabin but it takes a little head space for the rear passengers.

I wish I could get Honda FIT Mugen Si.

Ha ha ha.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lek
Just enjoy whatever version you've got or buy a VW Golf GTI.
LOL!

Old 11-07-2009, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know how much extra safety US Fit bumpers provide but 1,5 cc motor is not the reason for bigger front.
I never said the reason for the bigger front is the 1.5 motor.

Just glad I got that motor, as well as the bigger bumpers (for safety).

Old 11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I like the US version for looks and safety.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
About to purchase a new Fit here in Japan and I didn't even realize the difference up front was so drastic. I just left Guam and sold my S2000 (WHY?!?!) and had always wanted a Fit for a daily driver and looked at the new GE while there and liked how it looked, though the front end did seem a bit extended, couldn't put my finger on it.

Was at the Honda dealer yesterday and placed my order for a Honda RS 5MT in Premium White Pearl. Damn the US $ and its place in the value of world currencies. The Fit is going to end up costing me about $21750 out the door after conversion. Totemo takai desu!!! When I purchased my brand new 5R Integra back in 2003, it only cost me $24800 thanks to the exchange rate.

I know the car is going to feel lethargic compared to my S2000 and before that when living in Japan my old DC5R Integra (which I am looking at a decent used one possibly also). Though previously driving an older GD model with just the 1.3 here in Japan, it felt zippy and just an overall fun to drive feeling even though it wasn't going to light a fire under your ass. It did put a little smile on my face taking it through some winding road action.

Anyways, after seeing the comparison picture, I have to say I much prefer the JDM model. If/when I leave Japan and come back stateside, I think I will just take the front clip with me to put on a US model. And whatever little goodies I acquire for it.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:16 AM

thanks for the link i see you've also got the folding armrest.

...and auto-climate. that too i like! you guys are lucky.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
In the pics in the link it shows a couple of switches in the pic with the I-Pod. What are they for?

Climate control? Again can you explain?

thanks

Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
In the pics in the link it shows a couple of switches in the pic with the I-Pod. What are they for?

Climate control? Again can you explain?

thanks

heated seats

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes, but EX model only.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
JDM vs USDM headlights

Does anyone know that JDM vs USDM headlights on 2009 Honda FIT are the same? I am thinking to order JDM HID headlights to put in my GE8.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITMugen
Does anyone know that JDM vs USDM headlights on 2009 Honda FIT are the same? I am thinking to order JDM HID headlights to put in my GE8.
No they are not. Back-read and you'll see that I already posted the headlights and hood are enlarged because of the bumper bar being extended for US GE8s

Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM
I actually think they may have the same dimensions. Unless of course someone here has put a caliper on them and made an accurate measurement. I won't argue with that.

But I don't think Honda (at least from a manufacturer's point of view) will invest in 2 different headlamp molds for some very small changes (in terms of car length) - it would be expensive and inefficient. Looking at the pictures, I'd say they're the same size (and probably even mounting/screw points). It's the USDM hood, fender and bumper that really changes the dimensions as compared to JDM. That's how I see it at least

Old 11-09-2009, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Part number

If someone can post JDM JAZZ headlight part numbers, so I can compare with USDM FIT. These will tell me that there are the same or not.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Lek
I think the US Fit looks great with a Mugen kit and will feel better with a Mugen Sports Suspension.

But then all Fits/Jazzs look great in the showroom.

Last edited by Lek; 11-09-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM
If someone can post JDM JAZZ headlight part numbers, so I can compare with USDM FIT. These will tell me that there are the same or not.

Thanks in advance.
They will be different part numbers regardless, the JDM headlights have the beam cut-off reversed for RHD. Measurements would be needed.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I like the JDM version too, which luckily, the Thai honda jazz has the same bumper. Sadly most people here use automatic transmission, so car manufacturers here decided to cut down features from the manual transmission model to make it the cheapest, with the least features. This makes the MT model lacks features from the above model, such as the turn signal side mirror and the automated folding side mirror. It also lacks airbags. Wish there were side airbags in the Thai jazz as well. Would be nice if we were able to have MT with airbags.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Lek
Instead of exchanging tail lights, we should just exchange cars. I love the US Mugen.

I think people always want what they can't have.

Quick Reply: US Fit vs. Other Fit/Jazz