2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

US Fit vs. Other Fit/Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, I thought that all Fit/Jazz are pretty the same. I prefere the Japanes version. We have it in Europe.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Anyone have a pic of the "rest of world" Fit/Jazz engine bay? Curious to see if it's really tight in there.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Found on the net

Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
the differenced between the FIT in the US and Europe is minor, as long as the FIT is made in Japan its still awesome. Once they move production to north America, then you will see less options. For example the civic in Europe has paddle shift and proximity key, not available in the US made version and fit and finish is far nicer in the Europe version

Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Yaris Anyone?

To satisfy my curiosity, I morphed the JDM Fit into an image of a Yaris I pulled from edmunds.com. I think I have the scaling right with about 1% or so, based overall length specs for the cars. The noses are not that much different in cross section.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Lek
In Thailand, the US front/rear bumpers and roof spoiler have been modified and re-molded for the Thai aftermarket.

Last edited by Lek; 11-05-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
I had the Thai version when I lived in Thailand, and now I have the US version. To me, the US version felt like a step down.

The body shape of the Thai version is what attracted me to the Jazz in the first place. It seemed so unified, with form fit to function in a really brilliant way. When I saw the US version, it looked like someone had given it a fat lip and silicone butt implants. The US market bumpers really look like they were slapped on as an afterthought.

Under the hood, I really liked the CVT transmission of the Thai Jazz. It had a really cool feel when driving automatic. And shifting down to "sport" mode was brilliant–it basically gives you an extra 1000rpm to play with (at any speed), or you can use the steering-wheel mounted shifters (not flappy paddles, but proper buttons on the wheel) to shift between 7 virtual gears.

And I don't know what people are talking about with the Thai Jazz lacking front airbags and cruise control–my Jazz Sport Model had both (no side airbags though).

Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
In Slovenia models of Jazz (JDM) you can buy are only:
1,2 Trend (basic but with 6 airbags, VSA, manuel air conditioning),
1,4 Comfort (+ avtom.air conditioning, 6 speakers,)
1,4 Executive (+ fog lights, glass roof, cruise control, power windows (front and rear), leather interior, usb, bluetooth ...)

1,4 motor is basicly 1,3 US Fit (1,339 cc).
I don't real know why we don't have 1,5 cc Jazz but basic Jazz costs 14.500 EUR, which is more than 21.000 $), Jazz executive with AT costs 18.000 EUR (28.000 $), so 1,5 cc would than cost???

From October onwards Jazz for Europe is being manufactured in England, so the price should go down drastically (no more strong JPY and custom). However, Honda is too expensive vs. VW, Renault, Ford, Nissan....

Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Usdm Fits are much less sophisticated than their other counterparts.
In order to comply with the US safety regulations, as a consequence Broad plain bumpers make the US Fits look dull and plain.
such as reflectors in the headlights, etc.
Honda brand is also different in each market

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eljuero
Found on the net

quite a difference, both in front and behind the block.

I understand and appreciate the purpose of the extra space, but the JDM version looks so much better engineered. Just have to avoid bumping stuff.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
is it me or does the hatch look flatter on the JDM version?
to me they look dif

Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
is it me or does the hatch look flatter on the JDM version?
to me they look dif
I doubt it. I think you're seeing a slight shift in perspective and focal length between the two photos.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
It looks flatter, but I think it's an optical illusion created by the USDM's rear spoiler, and extended bumper. I think the hatches are supposed to be exactly the same.

I like the looks of the shorter JDM GE8, but I am glad I have the extra safety bumpers with all these SUV's roaming the streets, as well as the bigger engine (as opposed to other markets), and my MT w/VSA (limited markets). But I would have liked the options/features from other markets to have been available from the US dealers, such as rear discs, refresh mode, auto fold mirrors w/ winkers, being able to choose which tail lights or spoiler instead of what we're given. Optional factory leather w/ heating and cooling, sunroof, dual zone climate control, etc, etc, etc... the list goes on and on.

Luckily with few mods most of those options are possible, and there's some enjoyment in doing the mods myself.
Hopefully one day I will finish them, and truly enjoy the car the way I want it.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Acura FIT

Originally Posted by FitStir
It looks flatter, but I think it's an optical illusion created by the USDM's rear spoiler, and extended bumper. I think the hatches are supposed to be exactly the same.

I like the looks of the shorter JDM GE8, but I am glad I have the extra safety bumpers with all these SUV's roaming the streets, as well as the bigger engine (as opposed to other markets), and my MT w/VSA (limited markets). But I would have liked the options/features from other markets to have been available from the US dealers, such as rear discs, refresh mode, auto fold mirrors w/ winkers, being able to choose which tail lights or spoiler instead of what we're given. Optional factory leather w/ heating and cooling, sunroof, dual zone climate control, etc, etc, etc... the list goes on and on.

Luckily with few mods most of those options are possible, and there's some enjoyment in doing the mods myself.
Hopefully one day I will finish them, and truly enjoy the car the way I want it.
Wow, we are looking at the high-end FIT here. I wish Honda could offer as Acura FIT.

Ha ha ha.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I've been dreaming of an Acura Fit for a long time.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post447483
10-06-2008
...... hmmm Maybe if they made an Acura Fit we might get those options. ................
11-18-2008
Yah! or an Acura Fit (luxury edition)....
12-01-08 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...tml#post508145

Acura Fit ftw!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 AM
/...I like the looks of the shorter JDM GE8, but I am glad I have the extra safety bumpers with all these SUV's roaming the streets, as well as the bigger engine (as opposed to other markets).../
I don't know how much extra safety US Fit bumpers provide but 1,5 cc motor is not the reason for bigger front. In some countries, for example Australia, you can get JDM Jazz with 1,5 cc.

But looking pictures of members on this forum I must say that US Fit look as good as JDM for me.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Lek
I agree both look good.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 AM
The skyroof (glassroof or whatever it's called) available in the European and some Asian markets is the one feature I really want It would've made Jazz ownership so much more pleasurable.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Lek
I had the Thai version when I lived in Thailand, and now I have the US version. To me, the US version felt like a step down.

The body shape of the Thai version is what attracted me to the Jazz in the first place. It seemed so unified, with form fit to function in a really brilliant way. When I saw the US version, it looked like someone had given it a fat lip and silicone butt implants. The US market bumpers really look like they were slapped on as an afterthought.

Under the hood, I really liked the CVT transmission of the Thai Jazz. It had a really cool feel when driving automatic. And shifting down to "sport" mode was brilliant–it basically gives you an extra 1000rpm to play with (at any speed), or you can use the steering-wheel mounted shifters (not flappy paddles, but proper buttons on the wheel) to shift between 7 virtual gears.

And I don't know what people are talking about with the Thai Jazz lacking front airbags and cruise control–my Jazz Sport Model had both (no side airbags though).
Well said. Just enjoy whatever version you've got or buy a VW Golf GTI.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
HID projector headlights and AWD might come standard with Aucura FIT. We might even get a Turbo FIT.
(Honda CR-V vs Acura RDX)
I cannot wait to see.

Ha ha ha.

Last edited by FITMugen; 11-07-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: US Fit vs. Other Fit/Jazz