2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

rookie headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 PM
rookie headlights

what up- what up!
i just bought my 2009 fit sport yesterday. first things first, headlights and fog lights. what the word on hid or led, halo, projection, manufactor and how hard are they to install?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:51 PM

Old 10-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus
wow! your the man! you suck balls. lol

Old 10-30-2009, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
All You need to know is that if you install HID lights without projectors, Little gnomes will come and raep you while you sleep and you will have no choice but to commit seppuku to save face.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by birthmachine
wow! your the man! you suck balls. lol

:-)

your best bet, check out The Retrofit Source (U.S.) - HID Projector Retrofit Kits, Retrofit and HID Componenents, Projectors Lens, Wiring Harnesses, Shrouds and more! they sell OEM HID Bi-Xenon complete kits if you want a DIY job. There are threads here showing how to do it.

If you don't want the hassle, and just want it done. Www.hidillusionz.com is the place to check out.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
2 links:

How to Use You're and Your - wikiHow
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/search.php

I just posted my retrofit thread a week ago...

Old 10-30-2009, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by birthmachine
what up- what up!
i just bought my 2009 fit sport yesterday. first things first, headlights and fog lights. what the word on hid or led, halo, projection, manufactor and how hard are they to install?
you may feel that most of the members in here are kind of mean...they are but very funny at the same time.

anyhow at this rate everyone is pretty sick of this topic, and it might serve you better to search for an answer in the millions of threads that have already been posted. But as I am"helpful guy", here is short summation:

most have PnP HID(as I do) they are not the best option but work...its pretty accepted that if you have the time and money get retro projectors fitted. not many have done Halo. I presonally think that the design is unique to BMW so why pretend to be something you clearly are not. the standard for Fogs seems to be slap yellow film on and u are golden(pun!). as for install...its as hard or as easy as you want it to be depending on how far you are willing to go to make things look great. there are some really great examples of fantastic headlights and some poor one, this is where the search comes into play. its your car do what you do. in the future, if you are new to a forum try not to call people names, as you will be hated for most of your stay here. And if you dont care if you are hated, then you might as well stop posting, because this forum cares about their members and their cars.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
you may feel that most of the members in here are kind of mean...they are but very funny at the same time.

anyhow at this rate everyone is pretty sick of this topic, and it might serve you better to search for an answer in the millions of threads that have already been posted. But as I am"helpful guy", here is short summation:

most have PnP HID(as I do) they are not the best option but work...its pretty accepted that if you have the time and money get retro projectors fitted. not many have done Halo. I presonally think that the design is unique to BMW so why pretend to be something you clearly are not. the standard for Fogs seems to be slap yellow film on and u are golden(pun!). as for install...its as hard or as easy as you want it to be depending on how far you are willing to go to make things look great. there are some really great examples of fantastic headlights and some poor one, this is where the search comes into play. its your car do what you do. in the future, if you are new to a forum try not to call people names, as you will be hated for most of your stay here. And if you dont care if you are hated, then you might as well stop posting, because this forum cares about their members and their cars.
tl;dr - Play nicely, we're here to help in an older brother kinda way. Use the search

Old 10-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
All You need to know is that if you install HID lights without projectors, Little gnomes will come and raep you while you sleep and you will have no choice but to commit seppuku to save face.

That's a rog. Damnfools with unfocused HIDs, blinding the rest of us, and, eventually calling down the Nanny State on any and all headlight mods.
Moon

Old 10-30-2009, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like you should head over to the lighting section. if you want cheap projectors and/or halo's, check ebay. if you want pnp hid's, check out the forum sponsors, if you want to do it right, check out the retrofit source. they're awesome and will help you if you wanna diy. qbmurderer13 has a nice set of retro's and he seems to be pretty knowledgeable, he'll def educate you on pnp v retros. just search his name, you'll find all the info you need.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Lmao, pure awesome....

Old 10-31-2009, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
You would get better help if you posted your questions with a bit of respect.

Barging in and starting a new thread as your first post with "what up- what up!" and asking about something that has been discussed a lot without searching is going to get you poor results.

How about you join in and participate a bit in other threads and even try to be helpful before barging in and asking questions? Do your bit to reduce the impolite greedy attitude that seems to be so prevalent in our world today. Do the right thing. You know it's right.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 AM
This Thread + Other threads who can't use search even though it's on the same topic and more than likely the same page of threads = your amusement!