2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Gotta love a hypocrit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT410S
Our govt is about to ditch the constitution and create the American Union, a mix of usa canada and mexico. so it will be made in the NAU, North American Union
Your government decided to do this? Canada and Mexico and their governments might not agree. Especially if they're not asked first.

The US have enough problems governing themselves let alone 3 countries.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I can't imagine Canada going for that one for a minute.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
1. The cool thing about forums is, if you lie, if you are less than honest, people can go thru your posts and you are owned!!!!!!!!

2. Sure, most of the Harley (by the way I ride a motorcycle and not a bandwagon ((BMW))..)....clothing and many of the parts are from Asia.
and at Sturgis 2003? they had a glass case with all the V-Rod engine parts, all with cast on Made in Germany or Made in France markings.
Also Porsche R&D does much of the design work for good ol' Ride American lol Harley Davidson.

Harley-Davidson VSRCA V-Rod

t has been no big secret that Harley has consulted with Porsche for nearly twenty years, first with the never-marketed Nova V-4 project in the '80s, then with the VR1000 Superbike project in the '90s. So when it came time to provide stallions for the new power cruiser, it was natural they'd seek Porsche again. The injection system hails from France, the ignition from Italy, but a lot of the internal hard parts are German, such as the Mahle pistons, which have also been used since the Evolution Big Twin days of the mid '80s.

Last edited by Tork; 11-01-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
I'm particularly fond of the spelling and grammar or lack thereof in the response to your Fit purchase.

I bet those kids in Asia would get in big trouble if they were caught bastardizing their language like that.

Nice going.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
thats pretty funny...maybe he thought Toyota was a Navajo Indian name(lets not even go to that part of "American" history)?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
For some odd reason, he won't reply......BUT!

A discussion was started about a 1965 Volkswagen bus that was recovered after it was stolen some 35 years ago ( Stolen 1965 Volkswagen van recovered after 35 years - CNN.com ) and he proceeded to say this:

Originally Posted by colonelangus
i had one of them vans
I called him out again on this but I don't expect a reply. So I'll just keep berating him......LOL But so far we have a Toyota AND a Volkswagen....

Old 11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Haha keep us updated

Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lol... hahaha.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Yeah, I can't imagine Canada going for that one for a minute.
that has never stopped the good ol us of a before!!!!

yo joe!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Thanks...yea, for sure...that's bull.

I used to work at a Harley dealer and had to hear that about my car and my bike on a daily basis (roll eyes)
yeah dixie!!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mela_SC
Well, I heard rumors that the majority of Americans think that Toyota is an American company...
hmm does that mean the majority of americans are mor*ns!?

Last edited by theFITMASTER; 11-10-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hogwylde
For some odd reason, he won't reply......BUT!

A discussion was started about a 1965 Volkswagen bus that was recovered after it was stolen some 35 years ago ( Stolen 1965 Volkswagen van recovered after 35 years - CNN.com ) and he proceeded to say this:

I called him out again on this but I don't expect a reply. So I'll just keep berating him......LOL But so far we have a Toyota AND a Volkswagen....

he must be a redneck nazi jap!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Uh-oh! He started again! I reckon he musta thought I done forgotten! Here he started his own thread:

ell im canadian and our economy wasnt hit as bad as most.the US economy was hit hardest i think..china holds more american dollars than the us reserve which means if they dump there dollars on the market like they did 2 years ago your economy will tank again and quicker.so why do so many americans on this site,and others im on buy chineese crap.such as 7 peice leather bags for $59.00 or buying overseas cars like honda/toyota/nissan etc.sure some are made here now ,but the profits go overseas
im canadian and i buy local only .my cars are american ive had 4 new cars in 8 years .the gas pedals dont screw up and cause accidents nor do the odometers move to fast as with hondas..this is fact they were fined for it..
so you pay more for the car but iot does the same job drives you from a to b so why pay more and get less.for 8g's less than a basic honda pilot i got a loaded equinox.before that i had a sierra 4x4 it was less than a base model tundra.my sons sunfire had more hp and was 7g's less than a civic.sure resale is higher but its all relative to one another.if your not going to help fix your own countrys economy why should i..food for thought people

buy local or atleast from your own country or continent anything less is unpatriotic imo

------

To which I replied:

Shall I post your video of you and your Nissan "rockcrawler"? Or was it a Toyota?

Don't worry. I won't tell nobody.....

-----

I said I wouldn't but then followed up with his posting of him and his 1987 Toyota 4 RUnner.. (video included). Lets see where this goes THIS time!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Up here I'm sick of these moronic maple Leaf shaped stickers on cars stating, "Out of a job yet? Keep buying foreign" on "domestic" cars.

It's hard not to think the general public are idiots with claims like these. Show me one "domestic" car brand that doesn't have at least 20-50% off shore manufactured parts, and I'll eat its' crankshaft! Plus, these morons don't realize how many "foreign" cars are built here in N.America with N.American parts! Hell, every Civic sold in N.America is made an hour from me outside of Barrie!

Plus the whole "money going back to their economy" bunk. So the local property taxes these plants/dealerships pay, the jobs they provide, the spin off jobs they provide to the businesses surrounding the plants/dealerships, don't help OUR economy?

It's one thing to be proud of your country, it's another thing to be completely and willfully ignorant of how these thing work. Man, sometimes I just want to smack these people to see if anything is rattling around in their head!

Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
OOh, lol good stuff...

What an asshat.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Sheesh, it's not like Honda bought machines or anything from the US to make the Fit with. Or uses Windows and Office, both US intellectual property.

I'm kinda proud to know the Fit is ~100% Japanese from design to parts content. It shows that no matter what country you are, if you design and build it well enough with your own hardware, it'll sell everywhere. Maybe us Americans can learn from that.

I was kinda shocked to find US-made spark plugs and fuel system parts for my (likely Canadian-assembled) Buick. Good to know some auto things for the Used-to-be-Big 3 are still made here.