2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

get your fits now! MADE IN USA??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
You can be a *smart* guy and still say some dumb-ass things.
Truth!!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
dgs
Originally Posted by StingersSwarm
LOL good one
I didn't know what you were talking about until I went back and re-read my posts and then I saw my mistake. Good catch! Freudian slip?

Well truth be told this thread actually has me pretty limp, it's old and tired. I've said what I need to and shall be exiting now. And I'm still real happy my Fit was made in Japan, rather than the US.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
I didn't know what you were talking about until I went back and re-read my posts and then I saw my mistake. Good catch! Freudian slip?

Well truth be told this thread actually has me pretty limp, it's old and tired. I've said what I need to and shall be exiting now. And I'm still real happy my Fit was made in Japan, rather than the US.
I think the other fellow you were arguing with has made a solid point. None of us have done that research, and your assertions were made first and most confidently, which was why they have been picked out and trolled.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
dgs
I think the other fellow you were arguing with has made a solid point. None of us have done that research, and your assertions were made first and most confidently, which was why they have been picked out and trolled.
Yes, no one has done the research and no one will do the research because it's far easier to insult someone and call them stupid rather than providing hard facts to support their insults. I stated I was happy my car was made in Japan rather than the US and no one would convince me otherwise. I guess I should have said "no one will convince me otherwise short of hard proof to the contrary" but that's what I mean. Supposedly there is overwhelming evidence that my feelings are misplaced, and there is no reason to be any less happy/relieved were the Fit made in the US because the quality is equal in both countries. Well I'm waiting for that statistical evidence.

I'm not the one insulted the other posters in this thread who disagreed with me. So the burden of proof is on the insulter, not the insultee. We can agree to disagree like adults, but insulting someone who disagrees with your opinion (it's all opinions now, because no one in this thread has done, nor will do the kind of research to prove the other side wrong) is uncalled for.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
I guess I should have said "no one will convince me otherwise short of hard proof to the contrary"
Yeah, that pretty much gets down to it. My perspective really is that none of us really know. I don't think you're wrong. But why would you think you have enough information to make a guess at it and take a stance when you just said none of us have any hard numbers either way.

Almost every figure we've seen lumps all Honda's no matter where they're made into the same category. I try not to make premature guesses at things when there's just no need. It's human nature to pick a side, but it's far better to see the futility in picking a side on an issue when you're under informed about it.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
Supposedly there is overwhelming evidence that my feelings are misplaced, ...
I'd like to see some hard numbers on this. Anyone want to do the research?

...The best part about statistics... The ability to manipulate them to show what you want them to show. I'm doing statistical analysis where I work currently so there's noooo way I'm getting into this one.

~SB

Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
If they can make the Honda Fit at one of Honda's North American assembly lines with the same quality of the Honda Civic sedans/coupes (I drive a 1998 Civic HX CVT coupe that is assembled in East Liberty, OH and it's a paragon of reliability), the Fits built in the USA should be well-made and reliable, too.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Almost every figure we've seen lumps all Honda's no matter where they're made into the same category.
Why do you think that is???

This doesn't need to be a scientific conclusion that one is better than the other, just the common sense conclusion that neither is significantly worse. I posted the link from Consumer Reports yesterday - ALL Hondas and Acuras rated average or better reliability. You want the numbers? You can buy them.

But the narrative alone should be enough to preclude anyone with half a brain from the "OMG it's made in the USA! It's going to be a piece of crap!" mentality (half a brain because if you have a whole brain you already know where most Hondas in the USA are made).

If you pay for the actual charts, you might see that the view models made in Japan have better reliability. I'll give you that...but then my point has never been that one is better than the other...my point is to do the research and figuring it out instead of knee-jerking.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
man this thread was epic.

bftd