2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Mexico gets cool green color

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by metahero
i'm still confused by the Titanic comment

OK, I'll bite.

It means that if you're trying something new don't be swayed from doing so just because someone tells you that you need the "proper credentials" to do it. A "professional" (ie: licenced, experienced, trained, etc) individual or company can make mistakes too.

So-called professionals are often over-rated. The comment "the Titanic was built by professionals" is a derisive and sarcastic swipe at those professionals who like to stare far down their noses at those "amateurs" they view as vermin or "the great unwashed." The Titanic sinking was a major come-uppance to these snobs. And no, I'm not going to explain what "come-uppance" means.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 10-27-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Aviator902S
OK, I'll bite.

It means that if you're trying something new don't be swayed from doing so just because someone tells you that you need the "proper credentials" to do it. A "professional" (ie: licenced, experienced, trained, etc) individual or company can make mistakes too.

So-called professionals are often over-rated. The comment "the Titanic was built by professionals" is a derisive and sarcastic swipe at those professionals who like to stare far down their noses at those "amateurs" they view as vermin or "the great unwashed." The Titanic sinking was a major come-uppance to these snobs. And no, I'm not going to explain what "come-uppance" means.
So... by snobs you mean people like you? Yes... yes, I believe we're on the same page now.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 09blackfit
So... by snobs you mean people like you? Yes... yes, I believe we're on the same page now.

LOL. I'll take that as a compliment. ("Finally, someone recognizes me as the professional that I am!" ).

I have a licence to fix aircraft (****in' yay), but I'm quite often at odds with my equally-licenced counterparts because I continue to encourage those outside my profession who wish to build their own airplanes--- much to the disdain of my co-workers, who feel that only "professionals" should be allowed to put wrenches to aircraft.

So a snob? Mio? Quite the opposite methinks.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
its amazing how lost in translation stuff on the internet gets.

crystal5's post was interesting because:

1. he was responding to something written in the orginal posters signature

and

2. he completely misunderstood it. the point he made in posting what he did is the SAME point the O.P. is making by PUTTING it IN his signature.

and aviators explanation is spot on, though why mr. tn is calling him a snob i dunno.

anyway, that color is cool.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
meh would have looked better as a brighter green. forest green just doesnt go on a fit

Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XzYBiT
meh would have looked better as a brighter green. forest green just doesnt go on a fit
Yup, a British Racing Green or an aquamarine shade would be much better. That particular mottled green from Mexico would look more appropriate on a Yugo, a car that is by no coincidence whatsoever designed to fit perfectly inside a dumpster...