2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anybody scuff the front bumper on a parking curb yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Anybody scuff the front bumper on a parking curb yet?

I learned the hard way. And it was the area under the foglight that's painted. Lol it try to be careful but I do have a few scratches in a few places.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Came close last week at Wal-Mart. We always park way out, but I came close of hitting the parking curb. Right after we purchased I hit a small dip in the road and I heard a scrape.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
scraped the bottom, Im a bit annoyed at myself as the car is so short it really doesn't need to be pulled in so far but Im glad it was just the underside.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I've accidentally scraped my GD's front lip at the airport tire stop thingie. Thought I could clear it but barely no... (car's lowered).

Also my wife managed to scrape the sidesill near the rear passenger door while parallel parking...

So scratches are part of dd's daily life.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Got mine on the passenger side. Not on a parking curb but going down a really really steep road/turn on our road trip in PA...yea it was a 45 deg decline no joke. I was going super slow and turned it to stay as high as possible but it was inevitable. BTW I am lowered on DF's so that makes a huge difference. I just had three scratches... buffed them out and touched them up. Unless your under the car your never going to see them anyways. I have clear bra'd mine since.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
It's one of my fears. Because of how low that front bottom spoiler hangs on the Fit, even though mine is the base, watch out for angled entrances and high speed bumps. Just try to keep a slow, steady speed when you encounter these... especially if the front of your car dives abruptly, it will likely scrape the bottom.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Driving an S2000 has me wary of any curbs, so I've been fortunate so far with the Fit.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I only rubbed the under part going into and back out of a driveway. I won't be doing that again in that driveway. The sound of it was not fun. I cringed for sure, but nothing is visable and I don't know for sure if anything was really scratched up. As for parking, I've adjusted my perception of the front end to avoid problems. It's a short car, so no need to pull it tight like my past car. It's all perception because there is no way to even eyeball the front end. It's completely invisable to me. So, I simply leave some room and it works out. I haven't had a problem with speed bumps yet. Stock, the car seems to clear them all. It's a big reason why I have no plans to ever lower my Fit.

Dan

Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
I pulled into a parking lot with a harsh entrance. It was quite a bit steeper than it appeared to be and I scratched the bottom of the bumper on the driver's side. I cried for weeks.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
No. Still a virgin Taffy here. I am resisting lowering it so I can have the fun of scraping the front.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 AM
thinking about bagging my fit becuz of this. jus want to know what kinda ride does it o.ffer...

Old 10-13-2009, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
just giant dips/bumps with my stock height taffeta, after that, well the black one is super taken car of now since it got dropped and is rarely driven on weekdays

Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Left some pretty deep gashes on the passenger rear wheel the other day. Simply not used to a car with such skinny tires.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Went over a small island the other day to get around a disabled vehicle blocking the lane and managed to scrape under the driver side just afore of the rear wheel well. It was the kind of island with ramped sides so I figured it'd be fine...
I think I got the front lip not too long after I got the car pulling into a driveway.

No reason to get bothered by this stuff if you can't see the damage without bending down to look under the car. I bought the thing to drive it, so I'm not going to freak about hidden-from-view cosmetic damage

@Areafitty....it's no worse than any other small car I've driven.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
this thread is funny...my wife came home and told me she hit the tire stop today and scuffed up the GE's lip a tad more.

it never ends. hahahaha.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I've scraped it once or twice.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Our town has these... dips... between the side-walk/parking area and the road. Three times we've scrapped the underside of our front bumper. (We've only had it for a month!) The Wendy's Parking lot was particularly brutal and left some pretty deep gashes. (We've actually avoided that Wendy's because of that nasty dip.)

Fortunately, you can't see any of it unless you bend down and look under the bumper. I don't know how people drive around with the Fit lowered more than it is. We wouldn't be able to drive around in our town with it any lower. xD

Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
teamkitty-yah, that's 'normal' use wear and tear on this car. hahahaha.
mine looks alittle better then that but it'll look like that in no time.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Teamkitty- that's some awful wear and tear! Yikes! It's even bad under your grill! Where the heck are you driving?! I never knew that black 'scratch bar' was under my fit. I'm glad to see it in your picture, but it's a shame it hasn't been doing more for you! That kind of damage would, and will sicken me if I have that happen.

Dan

Old 10-15-2009, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I never knew that black 'scratch bar' was under my fit. I'm glad to see it in your picture, but it's a shame it hasn't been doing more for you!
"Scratch bar"? Is that what that is??

Quick Reply: Anybody scuff the front bumper on a parking curb yet?