2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

I still got it going on......

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
high school girls eh? It's a major gamble up here now, age of consent was changed to 16.

What? All Canadians are informed of all our laws. Back me up, Virtual, or I look like a perv.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
And as for fit drivers, I haven't got a thumbs up from ONE of them yet! They are completely oblivious it seems. Maybe they're enjoying the ride too much!
Yeah... I've seen a few around town here. Whenever I go past one coming the opposite direction. I always try to give them the little wave, ya know... like I would another motorcycle if I was on one, the "Hey, you're rad too!" wave.

However, every single time I've done it, I get the same look I would get from a dog if I showed it a magic trick.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bikethis
high school girls eh? It's a major gamble up here now, age of consent was changed to 16.

What? All Canadians are informed of all our laws. Back me up, Virtual, or I look like a perv.
I think you're right but I'm not really familiar with all the details of that law.

Last edited by Virtual; 09-27-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wopasaurus

HI... WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A SEAT OVER THERE

hahahaha that was on the other day FTW!!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
You're around my age. Do you remember washed out denim? The super light blue jeans, jackets, and the shirts in very light blue.
Yes, I certainly do! LOL!

Come to think of it, I've only seen women driving the fit thus far. It's offical- I bought a girly car! Good grief!

When I was interested in buying the fit, I'd talk to people who owned it when I could- all women now that I think about it. Gas stations, parking lots, etc. You'd be amazed how willing people are to share their thoughts. I guess I don't look like a nut, so they shared! Now THAT'S a way to pick up the ladies with a fit! Reverse the situation! But I have a honey, so it really was a fact finding mission. And all the facts added up to me buying this excellent car.

Dan

Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Now THAT'S a way to pick up the ladies with a fit!
Lol....all you need is a puppy and you'll be beatin' them off with a stick!

Last edited by reako; 09-27-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I think it's about half and half where I am. I've waved at both guys and gals. But I'm usually watching the road a lot more than I am watching other cars. I mean, uh, more than I am watching to see what kinds of cars and who is driving them.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yes, I certainly do! LOL!

Come to think of it, I've only seen women driving the fit thus far. It's offical- I bought a girly car! Good grief!

When I was interested in buying the fit, I'd talk to people who owned it when I could- all women now that I think about it. Gas stations, parking lots, etc. You'd be amazed how willing people are to share their thoughts. I guess I don't look like a nut, so they shared! Now THAT'S a way to pick up the ladies with a fit! Reverse the situation! But I have a honey, so it really was a fact finding mission. And all the facts added up to me buying this excellent car.

Dan
The Tidewater Blue reminds me of the color of that denim. That was my point. The light denim didn't make anyone more or less of a man or woman. It was a color. And the light blue with black is classic. In my opinion.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
The car is to the body as the body is to the mind. It's a way of getting around.

No car and no body will compensate for dull or cruel minds in the long run. At least not for a thinking person.

Any person's situation can change in an instant. Their car and their body can change and will change over time. But the mind within that body is what is always there. Whether it's a rich or poor person, a fancy car or a beater, old or young.

I remember a talk show episode, where a man was seriously telling his wife to lose weight, or else...divorce. She'd put on weight after having their children. She did lose weight, he thought she looked "hot" and fussed and came on to her all the time. She, however, was not interested in HIM. Why? She said "I'm the same person inside that I have always been".

He didn't care about her INSIDE, it was only appearance that mattered to him.

It just doesn't seem very smart to be driving cars that suck gas. Especially fancy cars made to go fast...when we don't have the ROADS for those cars to fully use them. It just screams "stupid".

I'm far less likely to check out men in cars that are obviously screaming for attention. Instead, I look more often at people in cars similar to the Fit. Why? Because they all get fairly good gas mileage, and have multiple uses. They are good "all-around" cars.

And I guess that's what I want in a man. An all-around guy. Someone who knows a little bit about this and that. Can do a bit of this and that.

The Fit is the perfect guy (or for you guys, the perfect gal). It can dress up or dress down. It's sporty without being excessively so. It's utilitarian without being excessively so. It's economical, but looks good.

You know what I mean?

I'm still waiting for the big Fit marriage...where the couple will walk down the aisle with Fits on both sides...music courtesy all the Fit stereos on the same station...and instead of throwing seeds or petals, everyone will flash their high beams.
Woohoo! That's what I'm talking about! Preach, baby, preach!
Every girl you see nowadays are stuck ups, hardly do you see any down to earth girls anymore. What a shame!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
Lol....all you need is a puppy and you'll be beatin' them off with a stick!
On a scale of one to ten, with 10 being the most effective chick magnet, here are some examples:

Fit: 3. (but only works on girls who already own one).

Corvette: 5. (but only works on highschool girls and really dumb 20-somethings).

Mercedes: 5. (but only works on gold-diggers).

Pick-up truck: minus 3. (they'll think you're a redneck who's trying to compensate for something).

Kitten: 6. (unless they're intelligent enough to see through this most obvious of ploys).

Puppy: 6. (See "kitten" above)

Movie-star good looks: 7. (works on all women---- except for those who've been burned one too many times by guys with movie-star good looks).

Being a nice guy: 1. (Pick-up truck guys notwithstanding, do I really have to explain why nice guys finish last?)

Smoothing down your eyebrows with your tongue: 8. (might not attract the most wholesome of girls though).

Humongous bank statement: 5. (see "Mercedes" above).

Guitar: 8. (The younger and/or more cerebrally challenged the girl, the more effective this particular bait).

Actually knowing how to play above-mentioned guitar: ELEVEN.

Last edited by Aviator902S; 09-28-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I'm far less likely to check out men in cars that are obviously screaming for attention. Instead, I look more often at people in cars similar to the Fit. Why? Because they all get fairly good gas mileage, and have multiple uses. They are good "all-around" cars.

And I guess that's what I want in a man. An all-around guy. Someone who knows a little bit about this and that. Can do a bit of this and that.
Psssssst!

I drive a Fit, have a motorcycle that routinely gets 55mpg, am bilingual, and at the same job for 21 years. So as I said in the original post and according to you .............. I guess I still got it going on!