2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why do people mess with me!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
Here's the update....

After a few trips to the body shop and numerous phone calls to the glass company, they tell me that they want to go re-inspect the damage and if the regulator (window motor) is damaged, it is not their responsibility as it's very possible that it got damaged when the glass was broke and I would need to make a claim with my insurance company....sigh!

I dropped off the car at the body shop this morning and went to work and the body shop manager called me a couple hours later saying they came by, inspected the car, and to give the glass tech a couple hours to report his findings. Fine.

I called back a few hours later and the customer service rep says she was going to put me on a 3-way call with the manager and herself and the conversation went like this:

Manager: After inspecting your car, the regulator is definitely damaged.

Me (thinking): Ok, here we go............

Manager: And after looking into it further, it is obvious that it was our tech that damaged it.

Me (thinking): Uhh....did this guy just assume responsibility?

Manager: And sir, the damage to the door came from him using a tool to pry out the broken glass without thinking of the sheetmetal. I'm really sorry.

Me: I see.....

Manager: So I just want to let you know that I have faxed over all the needed paper work to get your car fixed, and when the work is done, and while the door panel is off, I'm going to install the new OEM glass myself. I'm also not going to charge your insurance company and there will be a rental car at the body shop for you to use as long as you need.

Me: Thank you sir and I appreciate your professionalism.

Manager: Have a good day.

Me: You too.

BUT I HAD THE ENTIRE ARGUMENT READY TO GO IN MY HEAD! I knew exactly what I was going to say if he said "X" but I wasn't ready for this! He totally threw a wrench in my wheel.

It sure is a breath of fresh air to see someone simply admit to an error. I understand shit happens but to see a big corporation do this and go beyond the call of duty to make things right sure is enlightening.

THANK YOU SAFELITE AUTO GLASS!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:17 AM
glad to know that man, now you´re sure that you don´t choose the wrong company, and the rental car for you is a good plus, good luck!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I just dropped off my car at the body shop to get the repairs done as it took a bit longer for the glass company to get their paper work squared away.

They gave me a Dodge Charger for a rental - what a POS! I think in a case like this, I think they ought to rent you exactly what you have. I'd much rather drive a Fit even if it ain't mine!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
My body shop called and said the car was repaired and that it was now in paint. The glass company showed up today to put in the new glass at the body shop, but my body guy said he didn't want them screwing it up again and told them to leave the glass there and that he would do it himself...

He says that my Fit should be ready to be released by tomorrow or Thursday.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Karma?

Think about it!!
How do you drive? how do you talk to people? do you ever smile?
Free tip: Smiles are contagious, and park away from the door always close to the curb and in the lines.

Wish you the best!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gitaFit
Think about it!!
How do you drive? how do you talk to people? do you ever smile?
Free tip: Smiles are contagious, and park away from the door always close to the curb and in the lines.

Wish you the best!
That doesn't help a whole lot when the guy cutting you off is overshooting his STOP sign and halfway in your lane when you don't have a stop sign.

You can be going with the flow of traffic when a guy cuts you off within inches of your car and slamming their brakes... because they're fidgeting with their cellphone and not realize traffic is STILL MOVING.

It definitely won't help when you're turning into a one-way... and there's an idiot coming at you, going the wrong way.

You park between the lines, but the next guy doesn't and squeezes up next to your driver's side door.

How about this on a "bit moronic" topic... you get flashed when using 10 year old halogen bulbs, which are obviously dimming... but don't when using a brand new, bright as hell HID kit.

How about pedestrians that walk in the middle of the road with their little daughter, when there are two sidewalks they can use (no cracks in them either!!!), to make matters worse, it was getting dark, so it was hard to see!

Yea... too many stupid people in the world and on the roads...

Old 10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!! My body shop man called me today and said my car was ready to be picked up and I'll have her back in my hands by 7:30am tomorrow!

He also said, "I hope you don't mind, but I pimped your ride and gave you some flames and slammed her 2"!"

I had a rental car while it was in the shop and my God is the Dodge Charger a POS! The engine and tranny are responsive but the rest is crap! If you think the Fit rattles...............take a Charger out! I thought it was gonna fall apart and it only has 30K miles.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
He also said, "I hope you don't mind, but I pimped your ride and gave you some flames and slammed her 2"!"
What he really means is that your car caught on fire and the tires melted so that the wheels are resting on the ground.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
What he really means is that your car caught on fire and the tires melted so that the wheels are resting on the ground.
Fine... Just ruin it for me! LOL

Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow, they are taking forever to fix your car. Lol, It would have been faster to replace the entire door.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Can't wait to hear if the repair went well?

Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
Can't wait to hear if the repair went well?
Me neither! I've only been up since 4am.....

Old 10-09-2009, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
She's back and beautiful!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
She's back and beautiful!
YAY!

Don't realize how much the car means to you until you don't have the car. And not just any car will do.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:41 AM
poor service, that's America for you

maybe it's a little bit off topic, but I just have to say,

I have been in US for the past 10 years, and the only thing I can't stand is how the so-called "services" were done in this country.
Car repairing business in general is just filled with crappy liars with no skill. And they always give you attitude like you don't know jack.

I once, like you, had to replace one of my side windows,
The glass guy came, not only did he not fix the window, he totally destroyed my door panel. Turns out he missed one screw to loose before he went all in with brutal force. And guess what? He blame it on me for driving a crappy jap car. Had to go through courts to deal with this guy.

I came from a so-called third world country and man, everytime I went back for vacation and need some stuff fixed, no lies, no more "fixed your window but oops broke your door handle". It really do makes me feels like a VIP. That's what I called service.

Maybe that's how it is, in this country, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, if it is, buy a new one.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here, but I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with this country.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
YAY!

Don't realize how much the car means to you until you don't have the car. And not just any car will do.
Yeah, really... But... when you hop back in your car for the first time... a smile goes ear to ear.

Originally Posted by fhwulala
maybe it's a little bit off topic, but I just have to say,

I have been in US for the past 10 years, and the only thing I can't stand is how the so-called "services" were done in this country.
Car repairing business in general is just filled with crappy liars with no skill. And they always give you attitude like you don't know jack.

I once, like you, had to replace one of my side windows,
The glass guy came, not only did he not fix the window, he totally destroyed my door panel. Turns out he missed one screw to loose before he went all in with brutal force. And guess what? He blame it on me for driving a crappy jap car. Had to go through courts to deal with this guy.

I came from a so-called third world country and man, everytime I went back for vacation and need some stuff fixed, no lies, no more "fixed your window but oops broke your door handle". It really do makes me feels like a VIP. That's what I called service.

Maybe that's how it is, in this country, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, if it is, buy a new one.

Don't get me wrong, I like it here, but I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with this country.
Unfortunately, you are in the wrong area for that. I grew up about 20 minutes north of you and there is a certain level of "entitlement" that everyone has, even people that supposedly provide a service that should be judged on quality. It's one of the big differences between NJ and VT and one of the things I do NOT miss. I do miss the variety of Ethnic cuisine though... mmm Thai food...

~SB