2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Locking gas door: Anyone get that figured out yet for USDM Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Locking gas door: Anyone get that figured out yet for USDM Fits?

I did a cursory search in the GE08 forum, and nothing really popped up.

On my USDM GE08 Fit Sport, if you look at the inside of the gas door, you can see not only how the mechanism should be able to lock up, but also where the lock mechanism should be. Also, I believe I recall hearing about some Fits in Europe that had the locking gas door, so I was wondering: Anyone else attempt to install the actual locking gas door mechanism on a US Fit? I really only have access to the US parts catalog at this point, and now that my Fit has to be parked outside, within 2 minute walking distance from a local high school, I think it would be smart to protect my tank.

And I would hate to have another set of keys for a locking gas cap, and if possible, I'd rather spend the time/money to have a more elegant solution

Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Epoch
I did a cursory search in the GE08 forum, and nothing really popped up.

On my USDM GE08 Fit Sport, if you look at the inside of the gas door, you can see not only how the mechanism should be able to lock up, but also where the lock mechanism should be. Also, I believe I recall hearing about some Fits in Europe that had the locking gas door, so I was wondering: Anyone else attempt to install the actual locking gas door mechanism on a US Fit? I really only have access to the US parts catalog at this point, and now that my Fit has to be parked outside, within 2 minute walking distance from a local high school, I think it would be smart to protect my tank.

And I would hate to have another set of keys for a locking gas cap, and if possible, I'd rather spend the time/money to have a more elegant solution
No door
but locking gas cap.
Honda Locking Gas Filler Cap (Element, Fit) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories