2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit and "H" emblems

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_hellas
Hi to everyone!It's been a week since i ordered my new white fit and just can't wait anymore. As a "H" freak i want to start the "aftermarket-shopping" in advance. Could u tell me exactly which red "H" emblems should i buy (front and rear)? so they can match perfectly with the right size.
Yasou file!!!

As mentioned the part # are
Front Type-R badge, P/N 75700-SNW-003
Rear Type-R badge, P/N 75700-S5T-E01
from this thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ts-thread.html

the type-R badges look real good, too bad they are quite pricey, and are targets for theft...

FitHellas, could you post some pics of your car, specifically the seat arrangements of "refresh" & "long" mode. Euxaristo!

Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I'd argue that springs and tint do not improve the performance or the efficiency of your fit. Springs maybe for cornering with the lower center of gravity, but I doubt you'd notice/use it in everyday driving.

The emblems are purely for looks, and they usually do a good job of it. Are they worth it for the piece of plastic? Probably not. But are they worth it in terms of the final product on your fit? That's for you to decide. I originally thought the same when I first found out the price....but then I realized that I look at my car on a daily basis, and love the look of the red on my TW Fit, so in retrospect 100 bucks isn't that much for the satisfaction I get
don't get me wrong do what makes you happy but I would just buy some knockoffs for $40/set vs. spending $100.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 PM
This seems like an appropriate thread to ask this question:

Do any of you know what the manufacturer installed front and back Honda and Fit emblems are made out of? If not can anyone point me to where I might find out?

Like I am specifically trying to know if are they chrome plated plastic, or some metal with a chrome plated finish, plastic with a silver colored paint, or some other combination.

I'm not a Fit owner (yet...) so I can't easily investigate this myself.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I'd argue that springs and tint do not improve the performance or the efficiency of your fit. Springs maybe for cornering with the lower center of gravity, but I doubt you'd notice/use it in everyday driving.
I don't know... springs will help with everyday cornering and higher speed emergency lane changes. They also increase the fun factor. Hmmm to think about it, you won't have to slow down as much in corners so you won't have to apply as much gas to get back up to speed... increasing fuel efficiency. And the tints... they'll keep the sun out so you don't need to use the A/C as much... another economy saver...

~SB

Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Geia sou file FITSTIR i haven't driven my fit yet.. its arriving from japan at the end of september!By the way i found from my dealer the front H emblem from EP3 around 24euros

Old 09-26-2009, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
Red is clinically proven to be the most aerodynamic, due to being the darkest of the colors, next to black of course. However, black is the worst due to the fact that it makes the car hotter and overworks the AC and results in poor mpg.

Cab I tried to bring my car to the doctor to ask him about this claim but they would'nt let me even get my car in the lobby...

Last edited by slimchriz; 09-26-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: engrish is confusing
Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I know the red emblums look nice, but nearly $90 bucks? I suppose if I won the lottery, but then I still would have to think twice.