2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Ford Fiesta vs. Honda Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 12:34 AM
I would definitely trade in my fit for the fiesta only because the fiesta comes with a push button start and HID headlights and the soft touch dashboard....but knowing Ford North America, they'll cheapen it with a regular halogen bulbs, regular ignition starter, and crappy ass interior. And they'll definitely add that ugly three bar grill as seen on the fiesta sedan spy photo. So I'm gonna keep the fit.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
oh and according to jeremy clarkson a heated windscreen. hmmm does he mean like vents that heat the windshield or the actual glass that's heated. That would be awsome. Europe always gets the cool stuff. I bet it even has automatic AC.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GR8SHAG
I really think all the Ford bashing is pretty funny. They took no bail out money from Uncle Sam
and build some decent cars. I think its great they are going to bring in a car that will compete with the Fit. The competition will hopefully encourage Honda to continue to improve the Fit. The Fiesta has been a top seller in Europe for many years and Im glad Ford is bringing the car to the states, at least its not another gas guzzler.
I owned and raced a 1978 ford Fiesta. They were built in Germany and it was a great vehicle. I also owned several Festivas in the late eighties early nineties. That car was a mazda 2 built in Korea for Ford. They were also fun to drive and very reliable.
The Fit is a great car but it is not unbeatable! Ive owned 4 of them. DONT bash Ford for bringing what should be a great option for people that want a choice in the small car market.
Just my two cents worth.....

no car is unbeatable.

i personally was not bashing ford, but i cant speak for the other posters.

MY post is guestimating the response a lot of domestic guys will have when the fiesta hits our shores and they see the numbers it puts out: maybe they will say the steering is better than the fit, it grips more, slaloms a little faster etc.

they will proclaim it the greatest car known to man.

honestly i dont think ford deserves that much credit.

honda has been making awesome small cars in/for the US for over a decade.

they have a track record to build up imo. lest we forget it was fords european division that churned out this car, which shares most of its underpinnings with a mazda of all things.

and to those saying:

'i want the ford fiesta because it will offer a softer dash,hid's pushbutton start blah blah blah'

really think about that. look at what including features such as bluetooth and nav on the fit have done to its price. nice for the money, but if you guys really think you are going to score a fiesta for a decent price (at least initially) with all those features you are sorely mistaken. if ford wants to avoid needing to borrow money, they are going to make the fiesta as profitable as possible. thousands of folks arent exactly in line for this car.

and if you are able to get it one day super cheap with said options, plan to drive it a long time...the resale will probably be non existant.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by meevo
Ford in Europe is actually a much different.. synonymous with a great driving car
Yeah, this. Have you seen euro Focus RS? Oh my god, want.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
no car is unbeatable.

i personally was not bashing ford, but i cant speak for the other posters.

MY post is guestimating the response a lot of domestic guys will have when the fiesta hits our shores and they see the numbers it puts out: maybe they will say the steering is better than the fit, it grips more, slaloms a little faster etc.

they will proclaim it the greatest car known to man.

honestly i dont think ford deserves that much credit.

honda has been making awesome small cars in/for the US for over a decade.

they have a track record to build up imo. lest we forget it was fords european division that churned out this car, which shares most of its underpinnings with a mazda of all things.

and to those saying:

'i want the ford fiesta because it will offer a softer dash,hid's pushbutton start blah blah blah'

really think about that. look at what including features such as bluetooth and nav on the fit have done to its price. nice for the money, but if you guys really think you are going to score a fiesta for a decent price (at least initially) with all those features you are sorely mistaken. if ford wants to avoid needing to borrow money, they are going to make the fiesta as profitable as possible. thousands of folks arent exactly in line for this car.

and if you are able to get it one day super cheap with said options, plan to drive it a long time...the resale will probably be non existant.
Originally Posted by Tyrsis
I totally agree with both the above statements. I agree the fiesta looks pretty cool. I actually saw it in some article talking about the subcompacts that may hit the states in 2010-2011. Including bringing back the Suzuki Swift which I'm a big fan of. But like all others say. The Fiesta may be arrive in the States being just as crappy as the US Ford focus compared to the euro version. No bashing on Ford, just look at the Fit we get here. And how much money some of us spend on trying to make it into the JDM/Euro versions that we've been robbed of.LOL.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tyrsis
yes, i'll take one in green.

granted if i had the means to do so, i'd probably be rocking an imola yellow s3

Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
I even think the Fit is much better looking than the Fiesta. But I'm one of those weirdos who is drawn to the Fit's looks.
You are not alone. I agree, totally!

Dan

Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by guitar_trance
I don't know... I did some seriously agonizing checking on so-called "econo boxes" before settling on the Fit. All of them have issues I don't like and leave a bit to be desired in some areas. Still, my choice was and is the Fit, considering all things that be everything!

In the end, there was only two cars that made me hesitate when choosing the Fit. The up-and-coming Chevy Spark and the Scion IQ... both of which I cancelled out because I don't want to wait until between the end of 2010 and midway through 2011 for either of those to be released.

I like the Chevy Spark for it's unique looks and techie interior... and I like the IQ for it's even more techie interior, and it's looks blow even the Spark away. If the Scion IQ looks anything like the concept, it will be one hot-looking little "econo box."

The only thing I don't like? Even though it has a hatch, you have the option of two rear seats or only the cargo area at a time. Unlike the Fit, the IQ doesn't have the space for rear seating and cargo space behind those seats. Then again, I get the feeling the IQ will be a Smart42 on design and custom steroids... but definitely in that same "super econo box" size category.

I'll have to admit... if the IQ were available at the time of choosing a car, it would have been painfully difficult for me to decide between it and the Fit. Looks wise, I would have chosen the IQ, hands down.

Anyway, the Fit over the Ford Fiesta? No way... at least not for me. I even think the Fit is much better looking than the Fiesta. But I'm one of those weirdos who is drawn to the Fit's looks.

The Toyota Yaris is a nice-looking sub-compact too. But the dash completely ruined the deal for me. I like an instrument cluster in front of me... and I like some "bling" (hate that term, sorry) as far as the color of the cluster lighting. I don't like a bare dash in front of me. So that center dash, cluster thing is an immediate No Sale for me. It's also why I don't like Minis.

I think the Fit is still too expensive. But all in all, I think it's the best overall purchase in it's class... for now, anyway.
Wasn't the chevy spark going to be released as completely electric? I think that would cost some money, and maybe cause somewhat of an inconvenience. The IQ did look pretty sweet though..If they release it the production model the way the concept looked. And i would have went for the yaris too if they had the JDM 5 door wagon a year ago.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
I bought a Fit a few weeks ago, but if Ford would have had the hatchback version of the Fiesta I would seriously have considered it. The Top Gear review last season was great:
YouTube - Jeremy's Extreme Ford Fiesta road test

Old 08-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Surfing
I bought a Fit a few weeks ago, but if Ford would have had the hatchback version of the Fiesta I would seriously have considered it. The Top Gear review last season was great:
YouTube - Jeremy's Extreme Ford Fiesta road test

Old 08-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Just got back from Germany the other day and I seen quit a few of the Fiesta's and they are sharp. I'll still take my Fit any day but I have lived in Germany for about 9 years and Ford's are a hell of alot better there then they are here in the states. Only if they built them here in the states like they do over seas and they probably never would have had sales issues. Speaking of overseas cars, seeing the German Fit sucked. I wish we could get the stuff they get like rear discs, better headlights, led tail just to name a few. Damn Honda! Looking to order parts to convert my USDM fit but the Euro rate sucks.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Saw a new FIESTA.

I was driving my daughter home from volley ball tonight and saw a new Fiesta in a parking lot. It was lime green and looked very cool.
I had heard there was one in the KC area and I lucked out spotting it. To me it was every bit as appealing as the Fit. It was dark so I couldnt see much of the interior but it did look less roomy than the fit. To me its just great to see another nice small car that consumers will be able to choose from....

On the fit front I found a new white 5 spd with nav at the local dealer, Im very tempted but almost 19k seems pricey...