2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Lipappy Went for It!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Lipappy Went for It!

Well, got rid of my granny 2004 Accord V6 and got me a 2009 Fit Sport AT in Milano Red!

Name:  myfit.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  58.3 KB

Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 AM
wooo hooo, and since you're in VA, scroll to the bottom of the main forums list and say hi in the mid-atlantic forum! So are you completely in love with it yet?!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
another MR! YAY

Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Milano Red FTW!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Woot!

I'm a happy camper. I take it back to the dealer next week to install some add-ons: body side moldings, door sill trim and rear bumper applique!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:25 AM
Congrats!

Remember "S" mode is your friend...

handymus

Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
holy shiii... from a bland accord to a RED fit? you just transformed your whole life! haha jk hope you enjoy the Fit!

Old 08-13-2009, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats! I've read your other postings...did you get your price on your trade in?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks! You all didn't think I'd do it, did you? I got a decent price on my Accord - all things being considered.

Handmus - I still need to study up on S mode!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Lipappy,

Well you got lucky in NOVA and I am happy for you that all things worked out. To give you an update on me, Fairfax Honda got hot and heavy all of a sudden yesterday early afternoon to work a deal via email but then disappeared. Tysons Honda was doing the same but then I discovered they didn't even have the trim I wanted on their lot. The third that started the price war hasn't emailed me back in 2 days.

If you do not mind - What dealer finally worked out? Did you get the Nav model? You don't need to share price but how did it all work out, did they call you to come in or did you just go in and work it out?

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by jgaepi
Lipappy,

Well you got lucky in NOVA and I am happy for you that all things worked out. To give you an update on me, Fairfax Honda got hot and heavy all of a sudden yesterday early afternoon to work a deal via email but then disappeared. Tysons Honda was doing the same but then I discovered they didn't even have the trim I wanted on their lot. The third that started the price war hasn't emailed me back in 2 days.

If you do not mind - What dealer finally worked out? Did you get the Nav model? You don't need to share price but how did it all work out, did they call you to come in or did you just go in and work it out?

Thanks.
dude, skip all that junk and head for Koons Honda out in Manassas. They were straight up honest with me all the way, told me exactly what was on the lot and busted their asses to get a deal that worked for me all in one day. And I came to find out later, he had someone else interested in the one I bought, so he didn't even HAVE to work hard to sell it to me, but did anyways to get me in the car I wanted. Ask for Ahmed and let him know that Lauren (the Jeep girl) sent you!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
I wish, but they don't have a Nav model.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Have em go find it, they were so much more pleasant to work with!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Brown's Honda in Arlington was extremely helpful as well and extremely honest that they would have to pay a $500 fee now with C4C to work a trade. Dealers are acting like sharks with blood in the water.

I am going to start a 2010 Honda Fit predictions post to get opinions.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by jgaepi
Lipappy,

Thanks.
I ended up going to Leesburg Honda and they were great. I didn't intend to go there, but since we went to Carmax in Dulles, my dad and I realized we were so close to Leesburg, we may as well see what was going on there. We found a friendly, uncrowded, professional place. Now I think they may only have one NAV on the lot right now in Silver, but you should call anyways. Ask for Ed Napolitano, and told him The good-looking young Greek guy who just bought the red Fit from the showroom sent you!

They gave me $1,000 more than Carmax for my Accord, and all-in-all I did get a good deal. I chose to get some dealer add-ons which I know caused them to get some profit, but I didn't mind. I wouldn't be able to install a side door molding on my own (lol).

Bill Page and Landmark were the worst in my opinion, ESPECIALLY Bill Page. I will never go there again for anything. Landmark was just busy, and not as professional-seeming.

I did not try Manassas, but definitely try them too since Neural recommends! Tysons was second best in terms of offer/deal, but they were not bending over backwards to sell me anything, and they had nothing in-stock when I went. Good luck!