2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Btrthnezr3's TW GE8, Adele

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Ok so I've been going back and forth on rim style and color.

I'm thinking either Rota Boost, Torque or Slipstreams.

And...I'm thinking either flat black, gunmetal, or hyperblack.

Boost

Hyper Black

Torque

Hyper Black

LOL.

I plan on eventually getting the JDP Front Lip and Wing Spoiler...and they are somewhat glossy, but I painted my rear diffuser satin black.
This is so hard.

That'll probably be it as far as exterior mods...so I want your opinion.
Please let me know what you think?!
Hey, BTE...

Go for the HyperBlack!

Why? I didn't think I'd like the HyperBlack -- and I didn't in photos -- until I actually saw hyperblack. That is, I like the glossy hyperblack... not the flat/matte ones.

Now that I've seen hyperblack wheels I think they're the best of all worlds, IMHO... you get a mixture of chrome, black and gunmetal, that changes subtly in different lighting conditions.

I wanted chrome wheels for my BSP, but I'm seriously considering [glossy] hyperblack now that I've seen some in person. Again, I really don't like the flat or matte-finished hyperblack, it dulls the unique and unusual look of hyperblack.

If you're going with a matte finish you may as well go with one of the other tones. The ones I checked showed hyperblack sometimes costing just a little more than other finishes. In other words, why pay more if you're just getting something not all that different from cheaper finishes... even if only slightly cheaper?

If I had a TW Fit and I didn't want chrome I would definitely go with hyperblack... hands down. Hyperblack is stunning up-close and in person. For some reason images don't do that finish much justice. Gotta see 'em in person.

Anyway... my experience, my opinion!

Good luck with the choice... and whatever you decide, pics please!

Oh and, btw... I like the Torque better than the Boost.

Last edited by annunC8; 04-29-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
i say boost in flat black. i like concave spoke look. ...and it looks easier to clean (then the torque). lol.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Oh em gee...the more I look, the more I am loving boost in gunmetal. Looks black and dark in some light, looks nice and glossy in some light.

Do you guys think gunmetal would look good with the carbon fiber add ons?
I was going to PM you and tell you that I think that the gunmetal would work well with the carbon fiber..... The colors (shades really) with the glossy finish change appearance under different lighting situations dramatically adding depth to what would be too much monochromatic contrast if the wheels were black.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
LOL that's cool, Coyote...

I'm still deciding but holding onto my money for now.
I'd love to find a used set...

We'll see...

Old 05-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Psst, did you ever get my PM's?

Old 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Cual PM's Francisco?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Apparently the wifey is saying HyperBlack...LOL. She really likes the boost in HyperBlack.
We'll see. I may pick up some extra work/detail jobs in the next few weeks. Then I might be able to get wheels with current tires.
Then, if I do that--when/if I get my bonus--I can get the carbon fiber lip and spoiler a la JDP (hawtness) and maybe some other things.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 PM
The finished results of the bumper and those pics of my antenna.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
No...send again.

Turn out good?

Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Apparently the wifey is saying HyperBlack...LOL. She really likes the boost in HyperBlack.
We'll see. I may pick up some extra work/detail jobs in the next few weeks. Then I might be able to get wheels with current tires.
Then, if I do that--when/if I get my bonus--I can get the carbon fiber lip and spoiler a la JDP (hawtness) and maybe some other things.
If you don't get hyperblack, then you see it live and in person (providing you've never seen hyperblack before) and considering you want a darker tone for wheels, you're going to be sorry for not getting HB when you do finally see it in person!

Sorry... not trying to make things more complicated for your decision-making process. At least check out some hyperblack wheels before making a final choice. Again, providing you've never seen HB to begin with.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Re-sent!

Old 05-02-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, wifey keeps saying she likes the hyperblack.

And I like it too...

We'll see what these next two months bring. If I can put away 100 each month, then I can get the wheels and use my current tires. If not, I may have to wait.

Thanks for all your input guys.
I'm kinda feeling hyperblack boosts.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned
Here is a picture of my hyber black wheels......a nice pic showing sun v. shade

Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
White car with carbon fiber and black trim is still a cool monochromatic theme..... I like the simplicity of the Boost wheel more so than the others.... I wish my wheels looked as good.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pic...gbaby.

Yeah, I am leaning towards keeping it black/white.
The Hyperblack, I feel...are still keeping with that theme without keeping it too dark.

Tomorrow I have a HUGE project on my hands.
While I have off work--and may be somewhat alone, I will be cleaning, organizing and buying organizing things--for closets, and storage. I think everyone will come home super surprised.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
I really like the Hyper Black after seeing gbaby's cool photo..... It is at least as good if not better than Gunmetal.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, I think I'm sold.

Man...I need to wash/clay/wax my car.
Big in the house project tomorrow though--plus, I hear rain is in the forecast...damn it!

Old 05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
My car looks as bad as it ever has and maybe a little worse but I am trying to take it easy so I can get the old Truck inspected and it will need some work to do that.... Then I will get most of the parts needed to start adding another 40 or so horsepower and then start saving money again to milk a little more out of it...... It is sure a lot easier to save up when you get old and don't boogie like a fool anymore.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
LOL--yeah, well it should be easier to save now that we've bought the step-daughter a car. It just seems like things keep coming up. And I think all our registrations are up in July and the new civic's inspection as well--it's like shit!! When can I get ahead please?!

I'm working on it though--slow and steady wins the race.
Not to mention trying to make our house more organized and easier to live in.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
I have a barn that is close to 3000sq ft, 2000 sq ft house and 2 other buildings and I don't know where anything is if it isn't part of the nest around the old ugly chair I sit in...... I guess that when you get old you quit spending because you can't afford to keep adding on so you have a place for all of your crap and if you do it reaches a point that you have to make paths to the stuff you might need...... I have socks and underwear older than most Fit Freaks and I seldom wear either.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 05-02-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Btrthnezr3's TW GE8, Adele