2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 Fit sport must haves (for me anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
09 Fit sport must haves (for me anyway)

I know this has been talked about before numerous times.

I'm doing this to just give others an idea of what to expect to add later on that I thought are necessities. :-)

Here are my plans for my 09 Fit Sport M/T...

Must haves for me (approximately $1700).

1. Floormats - ordered the Weathertech DFs - snow/salt here in Midwest requires it in my opinion - and ding dong it's at the front door right now.

2. Cargo cover - not ordered yet - covers the stuff I may leave in the boot

3. Cargo tray - not ordered yet - protection from stuff I haul

4. Cargo organizer - not ordered yet - definitely necessary; found that out when I went grocery shopping and they were flying all over the boot on the way home. LOL!

5. Winter steelies and snow tires - not ordered yet - a must since it is my winter car. (suspending the insurance on my summer car should pay for this easily)

6. Tint - not scheduled yet. Definitely something to do.

7. Seat covers - not ordered yet - those Clazzios (sp?) seem to be decent and just need to spread all these expenses out reasonably. :-)

8. Horn upgrade - ordered before getting the car and installed. In case I need to honk at someone. LOL. Meep meep just doesn't do it for me.

Nice to have (no approx cost yet).

1. Nice set of wheels and tires - would like an all black wheel but deciding if I need lighter set or not - Any suggestions that would look good on my ORM fit? I was looking at Konig Daylites (yellow trim) but not sure how that would tie together.

2. Coilovers - nice to drop it for nice weather driving and raise it for winter driving. Can't really justify this easily though since the cost is pretty high.

3. Aftermarket headunit with DVD/Nav/Mp3/Bluetooth - another one that's hard to justify for me. Can get portable GPS, Bluetooth, etc. Nice to have it all in one unit though.

4. Clearbra - Nice to have and still thinking it over and getting quotes.

5. Lower front grill - reading up on the condenser issue... either get it or not get it. :-)

6. Intake kit --- either intake kit or just a drop-in high flow filter....

7. Axle-back exhaust -- still thinking this over too. Nice to have but not a necessity.

Any other suggestions?

Old 08-08-2009, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Here's my list:

--Sirius add-on unit. Can't do without satellite radio!
--New iPod. The old mini version won't work through the USB connection, and it's a pain to have to reach into the glovebox every time I want to skip a song.
--floormats. I'm leaning toward either sisal or coco mats, for a touch of retro. Don't need WeatherTech in Georgia. . . except in a truck maybe.
--lower grille. I'm hoping for a more finished-looking mesh option that will be a pretty close match for the stock upper grille, and won't look "homemade."
--cargo cover. Don't like the rigid one I've seen--is there a retractable windowshade-style version available?
--tint. Will have to do some research, don't want to go so dark that I attract the attention of law enforcement, but would like to keep the interior a bit cooler.
--short shifter kit.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
ASAP: Screen or replacement for the lower grill to provide more protection for the A/C condenser. First thing I did, at about 40 miles. Second on my list is a Wolo air horn -- the smaller the car, the bigger a horn it needs and the more important to warn oblivious ditzes in SUVs to get off the damned cell phone).

Old 08-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by blyndgesser
--tint. Will have to do some research, don't want to go so dark that I attract the attention of law enforcement, but would like to keep the interior a bit cooler.
--short shifter kit.
Yeah, I think the tints definitely would help.... heat comes in easily with those big windows. :-)

And thanks, I forgot the short shifter on my list. adding now --- to the column of nice to have for me.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by blyndgesser
--New iPod. The old mini version won't work through the USB connection, and it's a pain to have to reach into the glovebox every time I want to skip a song.
Forgot to mention on mine ---

8gb Sandisk Cruzer from Walmart - $20.

I organized my music in folders by Artist and don't need to open the glove box to skip songs. I just hit next or click the volume knob to switch to browse mode - browse the different artists by turning the knob left or right, then click the vol knob again to browse the songs, then click again to select.

Works flawlessly!

Old 08-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Where are you guys getting the cargo tray from?

I found this place has them for $39.95. Although, I can't tell if that one is OEM or not.

Here is a link to two styles

Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
The cheaper one is for the 2007-2008 Fit models and the other is for the 2009.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Get some good, dark tint and you won't need the cargo cover.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Get some good, dark tint and you won't need the cargo cover.
Tint allowed in my area is 50% front and 35% the rest. I'm looking to do 35% all around and it should be fine.

:-)

I will see how that turns out since I am delaying the purchase of the cargo tray and cover anyway.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
My dealer tints almost all of their Fits for $250. It's a rip but you can talk them out of the price anyway. It's a really nice tint job and looks completely stock. Reminds me of the factory tinting on my 02 CR-V.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Is there a company that makes the lower grill screen or does every one make their own? If there is a company that makes it then can some one point me in the right direction so I can purchase one?

Old 08-09-2009, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wongawa
Is there a company that makes the lower grill screen or does every one make their own? If there is a company that makes it then can some one point me in the right direction so I can purchase one?
I got mesh from Home Depot and put it in myself.

Scroll down to see pics https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post716075

bill

Old 08-09-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I got mesh from Home Depot and put it in myself.

Scroll down to see pics https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post716075

bill

Thanks for the help. I will be installing my Mugen front lip and grill so I can do something like this at the same time.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
I picked up all the parts I wanted for the Fit. I just need to finish installing all of them.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 AM
what i done already :

1. upgrade horn - STEBEL NAUTILUS (done)
2. upgrade Headunit 7inch dvd, JVC 720 (done)
3. cargo tray (bought)
4. broadway OPTICS rear view mirror (bought)

fututre plans:

1. change SPEAKERS and add SUB ( DLS or Boston Acoustic)
2. install tint (3M Brand)
3. lowering springs (Eibach or H&R)
4. intake (HKS or PRM)
5. HID
6. Magwheels and tires 17"

Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Wongawa

Mr. Grille Ebay Link

I only heard of the Mr. Grille one on ebay for about $100.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Probably my best add was the JDM Cargo Mat: Translation result for http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/carlife/cargomat.html Covers the back completely, a bit pricey, but serves it's purpose perfectly, and looks clean. 2nd: ClearBra 3rd: New speakers/sub

Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Roland
Probably my best add was the JDM Cargo Mat: Translation result for http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/fit/carlife/cargomat.html Covers the back completely, a bit pricey, but serves it's purpose perfectly, and looks clean. 2nd: ClearBra 3rd: New speakers/sub

I like that idea. Maybe I'll see what I can find for materials to make it out of and do something similar. I know they sell those mats for rear cargo that you can cut-to-fit yourself. Hmmmm.

Clear bra does seem to be a nice option.

Thanks.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I've purchased parts from these guys and they have been way cheaper than any Honda dealer I've found.
Manchester Motorsports - Honda Auto Parts Store