2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Clazzio vs Katzkin
Clazzio
83.08%
Katzkin
16.92%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Clazzio vs. Katzkin Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I've been thinking about doing the seats, but what I wonder is how will it hold up over time. It's a lot of bucks wasted if in two years or so the things get wrinkly and stretch, or have to be constantly futzed with. They look great when first installed, but how about some pics with them in there for a few years? Maybe the product is too new for that. I'm not a fatty, but my ass can wear a drivers seat down over time. It's a question of wear- how good, how bad. That's how I judge this type of investment. That's how I judge a car, hence why I have the Fit!

Dan
Resurrecting an old thread...

Has anyone had their Clazzios on for 1-2 years?

How do they hold up?

Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
I have had my Clazzio's since Jun of 2009 (that is actually the picture of them in the beginning of this post). I have never had to adjust them at all. They look as good today as the day I installed them. I am really pleased with them they were worth every penny.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:44 AM
How thick is the material? in the pics, it looks like it's thick enough that you don't see the fake bolsters and lumps in the cushions underneath. I may buy a set of these yet. It seems like it would be very easy to add material underneath the covers to give the seats a bit more padding (they feel really thin to me)

Old 11-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Correct Install

Properly installed Kat's are Glued into place. The factory seats are as well so the installer will cut the fabric in specific areas to allow the new covers to be rolled and glued into place without getting wrinkles.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...i/IMG_1459.jpg

Adam

Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Based on the pictures, I like the look of the Clazzio covers.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Those Mugen seat covers are awesome! Does anyone have any information on where we can buy them, how they are installed, if you can do it yourself??? I have looked on-line before (google) and could never seem to find them. Did I mention they look great!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I have no personal experience with Clazzio. I do however have a LOT of experience with Katzkin interiors, not with a honda but with another brand. The Katzkin looks fantastic when properly installed, that I assure you. The price is horrific typically to get that done. I have considered Katzkin for my Fit but the cost is preventing me from doing it.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
How thick is the material? in the pics, it looks like it's thick enough that you don't see the fake bolsters and lumps in the cushions underneath. I may buy a set of these yet. It seems like it would be very easy to add material underneath the covers to give the seats a bit more padding (they feel really thin to me)
I not sure how thick as I didn't measure, however no one believes that they are seat covers nearly everyone thinks they are original. You do not see the lumps underneath. I would imagine there would be room to put some padding underneath. Its hard to explain but they are actually more comfortable then the original seats its like there is a little cushion of air, you can push down on them and they sink a little before hitting the original seat (no wrinkling). I guess I am not explaining it well. My son helped me install them and he restores cars he was impressed. It has been by far the best purchase that I have made for the car. Just know that these are hard to put on by that I mean they fit very tight and be prepared to have very sore hands and fingers when you are done. It took both me and my son about an hour and a half to install them, probably would have taken me hours to do on my own.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Can you get the Katzkin without their logo in the back? I do not care for logos.
From the photos, the Clazzios seem to fit better and have nicer lines.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Any reason why almost twice as much for mostly vinyl over all vinyl is worthwhile? Especially since it appears that your skin wouldn't actually touch the leather surface?

Old 11-06-2010, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
I vote Clazzio's, I had Katzkin installed in my old 01 Civic and now I have the Clazzio's installed in my Fit, for half the price it cost me for the Katzkin's, and look almost just as good.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alvarospatchez
I have no personal experience with Clazzio. I do however have a LOT of experience with Katzkin interiors, not with a honda but with another brand. The Katzkin looks fantastic when properly installed, that I assure you. The price is horrific typically to get that done. I have considered Katzkin for my Fit but the cost is preventing me from doing it.
ditto... I've had a set of katzkins on my other car for more than 10 years now and they look as factory fresh today as the day they were installed. I payed through the nose for them but they are honestly one of the nicest things I have ever bought and have ZERO complaints. The payoff was my mother (who disdains everything I do with cars) thought they were nicer than what she has in her high end bmw.

Word of caution? like I said I have katzkins on a different car, and I have 4 friends that also have work from them on the same exact car (all also around 10 years old now). The designs are different on each one.... the types of black leather are different, everything. They are all top end in every way, but you would have no idea they came from the same company.

if you have a preference to leather thickness, you may want to contact them directly. My front seats are an incredibly thick, rough textured leather, rears are more like lamb skin. My buddies' are all thinner, more supple up front, some of them are perforated.

(I do not like the photos I'm seeing of the fit katzkin design at all, not at all what I have from them now... those mugens though, thats pure sex)

Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
All leather or PVC?

Are the Katzkins made entirely of leather? ----from what I have read about the Clazzios only the center insert is leather, the rest is vinyl.
Don't know why they even call them leather seats if 80% of the cover is PVC

Those mugen seats are gorgeous!! --is the entire seat made of leather?

Last edited by sooznd; 11-10-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
them mugen seats are real nice, Ive used the katzkins leathers in my mustang and installed them myself but if you can take it to a pro it will save you headaches. katzkins i had were all leather and nice quality