2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Dealer threat over Cash for Clunkers paperwork!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Makes me glad we bought our Fit before all this C4C madness. No trade, just a good deal.

And Honda dealers do suck. At least when they're the only ones in an area.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
dgs
Originally Posted by mr5by5
Honda dealer called me on 8/1 saying they were looking for a Fit for us (only one he has is Manual Trans, wife wants automatic)
It always seems to work out that way doesn't it, the man wants a manual and the wife wants an auto. What is it with women in this country not knowing how to drive a manual transmission? I have not ever had one girlfriend (including my ex-wife) who knew how to drive a manual. None of them wanted to learn when I offered to teach them either. Most women know very, very little about a car. All they know is you put it in drive and press the accelerator and it goes, the brakes slow it down, and you put it in park when you're done driving. That's it. It's an appliance, no different than a toaster oven or something, which is also probably why so many of them are such poor drivers.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
im coming in a little late, but if the dealer forgets a form for the 4500 C4C, it's their responsibility to redeem it from the govt. not yours.

once the paperwork has been signed and you gave the payment, your deal is DONE!

they can not add $X amt after the deal has been finalized.

breech of contract or something like that.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
What is it with women in this country not knowing how to drive a manual transmission? I have not ever had one girlfriend (including my ex-wife) who knew how to drive a manual. .
Ever tried finding the friction point on the clutch while wearing heels?

By the way, down here in Georgia they seem to stock only Sport automatics. No manuals, and very few base models.

Last edited by blyndgesser; 08-05-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
It always seems to work out that way doesn't it, the man wants a manual and the wife wants an auto. What is it with women in this country not knowing how to drive a manual transmission? I have not ever had one girlfriend (including my ex-wife) who knew how to drive a manual. None of them wanted to learn when I offered to teach them either. Most women know very, very little about a car. All they know is you put it in drive and press the accelerator and it goes, the brakes slow it down, and you put it in park when you're done driving. That's it. It's an appliance, no different than a toaster oven or something, which is also probably why so many of them are such poor drivers.
Uh huh...
YouTube - Danica Patrick Commercial - Boost Mobile

YouTube - Danica Patrick 'Sign Them' Commercial

Show me your rack, big boy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0T3hSygMek

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
My girlfriend would most likely have screamed bloody murder if I had even entertained the thought of a AT. She likes my stick.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by dgs
I'm a woman. I drive a manual. I change my own oil and do any number of my own repairs and maintenance. Perhaps you haven't met the right woman yet??

Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
The Better Business Bureau is your friend. The BBB got me a $1300 settlement on my old Civic when a lube shop did an engine flush that lead to engine knocking.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
My wife learned on a manual, I learned on an auto. She's quite a few years out of practice, but she's got a better chance of driving one (competently) than I do. I'm glad we got an AT anyway, otherwise we'd be all up-in-the-air over CARS. As it was we were the last one our dealer processed before the confusion started.

Any update over the dealer screwin' with ya?

Old 08-05-2009, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
8/o5 PM Update From mr5by5

Thanks a lot to Taffeta White for all the effort in checking local Honda inventories! (And to all the other nice Fit Freaks who have expressed their support for those of us that have gotten the run-around from dealers!)

After my post this AM I E-mailed my salesman at Ralph Honda and he called back to tell me they got the Black Base unit for us yesterday. (That's the one you saw in inventory - or maybe the one we test drove on 7/24 before we decided to try to buy the Yaris!) He says they are "holding" it for us (Invited me to stop by and take a look at it if I get a chance!) until management gives them the go-ahead to put it in the C4C system -apparently the dealership is nervous about the funding issue and the problems they have had with the system so far...
I told him I can wait 'til they are ready to "close" the deal. Unlike the Toyota dealer they have not even asked me for a deposit and have not made any promises about a delivery date so I will trust them and hope everything comes together by the end of the week.
Will update again when I have something new to report!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Actually, my wife was driving a floor shift manual transmission car when we were married 34 years ago so she knows how to drive a stick-shift. It has been over 20 years, though, since we had one (except my '55 Chevy!) and she just doesn't want to have to learn it over again.
BTW: Her car when we were married was a '74 Chevy Vega 3-speed - how is that for a time warp? Our last stick-shift car was '79 Chevy Chevette, not much of a car but a lot better than the Vega!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
sad thing is most of those dealers are going to run low on inventory and wont be getting much in which would hurt them later

Old 08-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by dgs

You do realize that you're the common factor in your quote, right?
Maybe it's not the women you've dated, but you.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks a lot to Taffeta White for all the effort in checking local Honda inventories! (And to all the other nice Fit Freaks who have expressed their support for those of us that have gotten the run-around from dealers!)

After my post this AM I E-mailed my salesman at Ralph Honda and he called back to tell me they got the Black Base unit for us yesterday. (That's the one you saw in inventory - or maybe the one we test drove on 7/24 before we decided to try to buy the Yaris!) He says they are "holding" it for us (Invited me to stop by and take a look at it if I get a chance!) until management gives them the go-ahead to put it in the C4C system -apparently the dealership is nervous about the funding issue and the problems they have had with the system so far...
I told him I can wait 'til they are ready to "close" the deal. Unlike the Toyota dealer they have not even asked me for a deposit and have not made any promises about a delivery date so I will trust them and hope everything comes together by the end of the week.
Right on! That's good news!

When I was looking back in December, it was kind of hard to find a Base model. I don't know if they just didn't order many. Or if they were sold out. But I did get my Taffeta White Base, just like I wanted. Not at the closest dealer, though.

If you want to get a head start, you can always download The Rule and/or The Amendment and print out the forms (if you have a printer) or write out the info for the forms on paper.
CARS.gov - Car Allowance Rebate System - Official Information - Formerly Referred to as “Cash for Clunkers”

Even if the salesperson has to transfer the stuff by hand, from your forms to their forms, they should be the same forms, and it might make it easier for the salesperson to just copy what you wrote. LOL!

You'll also know if they forgot a form, because you will already have it with you.

And if you have time, and they have time, you could go by and check out the car and maybe start in on some paperwork. The paperwork is the long part. Having the salesperson give you keys is the short part. Getting some or most or almost all of the long part done means when they are going to run it through, you will just have to bring the title and the trade-in.

I'm not really sure how they're doing all this at your dealer. If they hold the trade and the new car, or just hold the trade until they get approval.

But when it's time, you'll have minimal paperwork and you can go for a nice drive in your new car! Without being worn out from paperwork!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
JGW
Originally Posted by MNfit
leaving a message like that after only 2 hours is pretty uncalled for. They made a mistake and if you talked to them and told them you where busy and would stop buy first thing tomorrow I dont see how that would be a problem. Save that message and hopfuly you will hear something from the owner.

@JGW youneed to brake that wall of text up with some paragraphs or give us cliff notes.
You don't see the space between the two/three lines of text I had? That was the guy below me.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 PM

LOL...MOOBS!!!

Funniest thing I have seen all day...!!

handymus

Old 08-05-2009, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

let me know how ralph is, they have a poor rep. I would like to know how they are from someone firsthand. and also if you wanna do a meet. I'm in irondequoit and 12vltfrk is in spencerport (I think)

Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Mr5by5, more good news. Senate has reached an agreement on the CARS program and the plan is to vote on Thursday to approve the $2 billion additional funding.

I posted this in the news section too:
Senate reaches deal on $2B 'clunkers' refill - Los Angeles Times

Just in case something goes wrong, no need to panic. You shouldn't have to be there at the dealership at midnight Friday filling out papers to make it by the old deadline. There should be more money in the program, which should put a lot more dealers in relaxed mode.

Still, you kind of want to do the deal ASAP. Just to get it done and to begin enjoying your new car!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cab0053
let me know how ralph is, they have a poor rep. I would like to know how they are from someone firsthand. and also if you wanna do a meet. I'm in irondequoit and 12vltfrk is in spencerport (I think)
How can a place have a bad rep if you don't know anyone who has been there?

Sometimes it's the customer, or the salesperson, or the management or a combination of personalities or mood-of-the-day that makes for a bad experience.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
Cab0053:

I also was not keen on Ralph Honda's Rep but am going to give them benefit of the doubt here - the individual salesman has been good and straight-up so far. I am hoping that now that they are losing their Pontiac franchise they will see the importance of cleaning-up their act a little bit...
Remember the story from last year when the owner supposedly ripped paperwork out of a customers hands and tore it up in the showroom? LOL
I will keep you posted!

Quick Reply: Dealer threat over Cash for Clunkers paperwork!!!