2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Extended test drive + CARS annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Extended test drive + CARS annoyance

Well, I drove the Fit again and the only thing I don't like about it is that the ride's kind of rough. Really, I like everything else so I'm trying to decide if the roughness is something I can live with. Indiana has really crappy roads, even the patches have been patched.

We were prepared to do a Cash For Clunkers trade today, but the Honda dealer I went to will only accept it for cars on the lot, and they only had 1 Fit in stock and it wasn't the one I wanted. That was very disappointing. They had a white Fit Sport and I want a Blue Sensation Pearl Fit Sport + Nav.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:58 PM
damn thats the car I'm trying to track down! if u think the fit rides rough im not too sure what ur expecting... they're pretty smooth. did u have a caddy or something by chance?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:08 PM
No I had a Chevy Cobalt. A 17-year-old kid who had no license pulled out in front of me on the highway (in front of a cop, no less) and totalled it.

Like I said, Indiana roads are really bad.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Katita
No I had a Chevy Cobalt. A 17-year-old kid who had no license pulled out in front of me on the highway (in front of a cop, no less) and totalled it.

Like I said, Indiana roads are really bad.
Time for a new Cobalt SS?
Those things are BEASTS.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:23 PM
why not a camaro then? the new cobalt ss is pointless now. you can get a camaro for less, have more power and rwd

Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 PM
btw kyle, I sold my car so my avatar is about all i have for pics on my computer

Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Yes, I Vtec
why not a camaro then? the new cobalt ss is pointless now. you can get a camaro for less, have more power and rwd
I don't know, there are always more cars for less money that are faster.
She just came from the Cobalt, maybe she really liked it?

btw kyle, I sold my car so my avatar is about all i have for pics on my computer
Oh yeah haha, I totally forgot. Is that an EM1?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
I don't know, there are always more cars for less money that are faster.
She just came from the Cobalt, maybe she really liked it?
true. just come on, it's a camaro. how can u go wrong... ya i forgot too. i was like what thread was that even... oh well. its an ek... and I sold it yesterday and i miss it

Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
true. just come on, it's a camaro. how can u go wrong... ya i forgot too. i was like what thread was that even... oh well. its an ek... and I sold it yesterday and i miss it
Yeah true, but I wouldn't really know what to do with a Camaro.. American Racing wheels or some shit haha??
Aww always sad to see them go. I plan on getting an EK hatch

Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 AM
No Camaro for 2 reasons. 1. It's a bit out of my price range, and 2. I babysit a lot and have you ever tried to get a car seat into a 2-door car? Ugh. I like 4 doors on my cars, lol.

The reason I picked the Fit over a new Cobalt is because the Fit scored better on safety ratings, and I'm not sure I can drive another Cobalt without being really scared. Also, I had the gorgeous Laser Blue Metallic Cobalt (it looked really blue in sunlight, but put it in the shade and it looked purple) and they no longer offer new Cobalts in that color.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Well, I drove the Fit again and the only thing I don't like about it is that the ride's kind of rough. Really, I like everything else so I'm trying to decide if the roughness is something I can live with. Indiana has really crappy roads, even the patches have been patched.

We were prepared to do a Cash For Clunkers trade today, but the Honda dealer I went to will only accept it for cars on the lot, and they only had 1 Fit in stock and it wasn't the one I wanted. That was very disappointing. They had a white Fit Sport and I want a Blue Sensation Pearl Fit Sport + Nav.
WHERE in Indiana are you?
Penske in Indianapolis shows two:
2009 New Honda Fit Automatic Sport with Navigation at Penske Honda in Indianapolis, IN, IID 4191750

2009 New Honda Fit Automatic Sport with Navigation at Penske Honda in Indianapolis, IN, IID 4382840

Old 08-02-2009, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
damn thats the car I'm trying to track down! if u think the fit rides rough im not too sure what ur expecting... they're pretty smooth. did u have a caddy or something by chance?
Vancouver WA? Or BC?

Beaverton shows a stick nav:
2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi - Beaverton Honda

Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Well, I drove the Fit again and the only thing I don't like about it is that the ride's kind of rough.
the rough ride, for me, is the most legit knock against the fit.

my sister's beat up 1991 accord has a smoother ride than the fit.

i dont spend much time worrying about it though.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
A sheep skin seat cover and some foam padding between it and the seat will soften up things quite a bit.... If that is not enough you can change to smaller diameter wheels and tires with a higher aspect ratio.... Indiana does have some really bad roads in the rural areas, you are not exaggerating when you say there are patches on the patches

Old 08-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Vancouver WA? Or BC?

Beaverton shows a stick nav:
2009 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi - Beaverton Honda
actually at the moment i'm not in any Vancouver... come september im in Vancouver B.C. though

Old 08-02-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
actually at the moment i'm not in any Vancouver... come september im in Vancouver B.C. though
Ah, well, was going by what your location said. Just trying to be helpful.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna change that to bc now... thanks anyways though

Old 08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm in Northwest Indiana in the Chicagoland area. I'd rather not go to Chicago to make my purchase but I will try other dealerships in the area. I wish more dealerships had Sunday hours.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'm in Northwest Indiana in the Chicagoland area. I'd rather not go to Chicago to make my purchase but I will try other dealerships in the area. I wish more dealerships had Sunday hours.
You can try using the Vehix search, that's what I used, plus the Honda Dealer locator.

http://www.vehix.com

Looks like there are several Sports in blue, but they don't say WHICH blue on Vehix.

I don't have the slightest idea where "Chicagoland" is, how about Oak Lawn?

Stock NoH91345 Vin NumberJHMGE88479S054336Year2009MakeHondaModelFITBody TypeHatchbackTrimSport EngineI4 1.5L DriveFWD TransmissionAutomaticMileage 10 Exterior ColorBLUE

Chicago Honda Dealer | New & Used Honda Dealer Chicago | Ed Napleton Honda

On the Vehix page or on the Honda Dealer page, you can enter your own zip code to find nearby dealers.

Edit add-on, the CARS program runs through Tuesday (as of the last news report I read coming from the White House).

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 08-02-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Chicagoland isn't an actual named area. It means that most people consider this area of NW IN to be near enough to the city that they will commute from here to there every day for work, and we get covered on the Chicago news. Here's a map of "Chicagoland": http://www.wildonions.org/Chicagoland-Rings.htm

Thanks for the links and info.

Last edited by Katita; 08-02-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Extended test drive + CARS annoyance