2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Upholstery

i just purchased a 09' Fit and i am not too impressed with the Upholstery, it seems to attract dirt like no other (and hold on to it) and seems like its a pretty "cheap" material. now i know this is not a luxury sedan and i don't expect top of the line materials. but has anyone else had this problem? or does anyone know of a seat cover company? i have a dog so i would like it to withstand the drooling and hair becoming in bedded to the fabric. Or even redoing the upholstery. anyone have any idea on what kind of cost i will expect? thanks :}

Old 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
you gota rember we have airbags in the seats, so if you wanta retain the safety of the car no seat covers that will block the air bags in the seats. for the back have fun w that--- your looking at 400.00 bucks + labor (+ or minus). also w the back seats, a seat cover wont work eather if you want to use the many magic seat features. good luck.------ just use a lint roller or a tape roller thingy.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh ya the airbags.... well if not seat covers, can you just redo the upholstery? Or does it requirequire a certain design that the airbags need to breakthrough? Or am I pretty much stuck with what I have?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Just keep a duster in the car or clean it regurlarly. NOT with armor all. Your really willing to spend hundreds of dollar re-doing the upholstery because it gets dirty easily?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
See the zipper like things on the side of the seat back,DO NOT cover they are your airbags. There is even a tag on mine sewn on the seat,and was a paper tag stuck there and left there{had remove by owner only written on it} when I bought it warning about the airbag coverage. If you have something made, make sure it's open there or has similar zipper installed. In my state tampering with seat,or any airbags waives your right to sue if they don't work because of modification,or coverage. {hence the paper sticker}I carry a lint roller $2 Walmart. If you have a pet,just put them in a plastic bag. LOL BTW, I wrote Honda about that seat material,and it wasn't a nice letter either. That is the only thing about the car that totally sucks. I don't think Honda ever tested that material in the real world. That material should be used as a lint grabber,they would make millions as a cleaning product. They could call it wavalint. Wave it near dirt,and it would jump on the material. LOL

PaFitter

Last edited by PaFitter; 07-28-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Just keep a duster in the car or clean it regurlarly. NOT with armor all. Your really willing to spend hundreds of dollar re-doing the upholstery because it gets dirty easily?
he was talking abt the seats

Old 07-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Duh... Don't know why I thought he was talking about the dash in one of his posts.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaFitter
See the zipper like things on the side of the seat back,DO NOT cover they are your airbags. There is even a tag on mine sewn on the seat,and was a paper tag stuck there and left there{had remove by owner only written on it} when I bought it warning about the airbag coverage. If you have something made, make sure it's open there or has similar zipper installed. In my state tampering with seat,or any airbags waives your right to sue if they don't work because of modification,or coverage. {hence the paper sticker}I carry a lint roller $2 Walmart. If you have a pet,just put them in a plastic bag. LOL BTW, I wrote Honda about that seat material,and it wasn't a nice letter either. That is the only thing about the car that totally sucks. I don't think Honda ever tested that material in the real world. That material should be used as a lint grabber,they would make millions as a cleaning product. They could call it wavalint. Wave it near dirt,and it would jump on the material. LOL

PaFitter
the zipper is there for access to the air bag that is located on the side of the seat, not the back, also it gives you access to the active head restraint. unzip it, its cool, take a look. just dont tinker w any thing