2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My first Honda is a gas guzzler...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
My first Honda is a gas guzzler...

Compared to my scooter that is

I finally took the plunge and bought my first Honda vehicle.

I've been eyeing the 2009 Honda Fit Sport A/T Navi (white) for a while now. Needed something practical, versatile, and great on gas.

Finally picked her up today from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano, CA which was about 40 miles from Long Beach. Btw, if anyone is looking to buy a Honda in SoCal, please get in touch with Steve Chaney from Weseloh Honda, it was the most pleasant car buying experience EVER.

Drove her back up to Long Beach, and I love this car already! Was getting 42mpg according to the dash. I know that number is probably way optimistic but even if I only got mid-30s mpg, I'll be very happy with that.

So versatile and so many cool features. I'm especially glad I got the Navigation trim. I love how I can just hook up my iPod and control everything from the headunit.

Bought her for $18,687 (destination included), and it cost $20,880 out the door after taxes/registration fees. Steve even threw in some Honda Fit floormats and Honda wheel locks free of charge.

I didn't purchase the Honda Care Extended Warranty right now. I think I'll think about it first. I have until 6,000 miles to decide.

I actually have to go back to the dealership to have the floormats properly installed and to have the wheel locks put on also. Today was Sunday and none of the Service Dept. were there today.

Got home and immediately took off front plate. I think it looks so much cleaner without one. I'll probably debadge the "Fit" emblem on the trunk and get her tinted next Friday on my day off.

Btw, here's a mandatory scooter pic. 2009 Yamaha Zuma with a 155cc big bore kit. 65-70mpgs all day. My Fit is a gas hog compared to this monster

I'd like to thank all the people that helped me make me decision earlier. I'm glad I got the Honda Fit instead of the '09 Scion xB. I think I'll keep this car for a long, long time.

Just thought I'd share my beautiful Sunday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

myke

Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Congratulations!

Nice color choice and it matches the scooter. Have you tried to see if the scooter fits in the hatch of the Fit?

:-)

Old 07-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by rangefit
Congratulations!

Nice color choice and it matches the scooter. Have you tried to see if the scooter fits in the hatch of the Fit?

:-)
That would be awesome if it does. Maybe it will if it leans.

A few of my friends ride mopeds, and those are sometimes finicky on wanting to work. Long story short, one of theirs broke down, and now I know that you can fit 3 Mopeds in the back, haha.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't even try to fit it in there.

That's what I have AAA for

myke

Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
My fit is a gas hog too...compared to my honda ruckus at 95-105 mpg.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on your gas-guzzler!

Now that was a good way of catching our attention. +rep for you

Old 07-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Pssh Gas Hog? I'll let you drive the mush-stang around. I think it gets an AVERAGE of about 10mpg. Especially with the high octane requirement. Anyways good luck and WONDERFUL choice! I wanted to get the GPS, but they didn't have it.
-bix

Last edited by biscuitninja; 07-26-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats, GREAT choice of color...TW, FTW!!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice purchase...I'm glad you didn't get the Scion! Yay for scooters as well!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
congratulations on your fit! you and i got very similar deals. 2 months ago i also bought a white fit sport w/ navi. i paid 20600 otd (18950 before taxes, fees and registration) but that didn't include the mats or the wheel locks.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 AM
If they are doing the "install" of the mats and wheel locks free, go for it, but if they are charging you, just DIY. The wheel lock just screws on in place of a lugnut and the mats just require a couple small cuts in the carpet. Really easy to do and you can get instructions on the interwebs.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Looks sweet, congratulations.

-P

Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats! Awesome scooter, too. Wish I had a job closer to home so I could use a scooter. Wife's grandfather even has a Silverwing he doesn't ride.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
nice purchase man have any other plans for it other then tint???

Old 07-27-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
awesome purchase man! congrats on the car, best color and trim level imo.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by jzerocsk
If they are doing the "install" of the mats and wheel locks free, go for it, but if they are charging you, just DIY. The wheel lock just screws on in place of a lugnut and the mats just require a couple small cuts in the carpet. Really easy to do and you can get instructions on the interwebs.
They're gonna do it for free.

I was just thinking of just doing it myself though and save myself the 40 mile drive down there. I'm sure they won't have a problem just mailing me the wheel locks and I can install those myself too at home.

myke

Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
nice purchase man have any other plans for it other then tint???
The car is gonna remain stock for the most part. Tint is a must here in SoCal.

I'm thinking of getting a clear bra too, but can't decide how much of the front end I want to cover.

myke

Old 07-27-2009, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Ah, c'mon, you at least have to put some wheels on and slam that ish!

Good to see that you got exactly what you were looking for at a decent price, makes me jealous.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
you wanna join our GB on tint? it'll probably be somewhere around Stanton! look at my sig for info!

Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IBJanky
I'm thinking of getting a clear bra too, but can't decide how much of the front end I want to cover.
Good idea. You might want to consider hiking it up to the entire hood, if it's possible.

In my experience, stone chips can easily hit as high as the hood. There's not much of a front end on our cars so it's all the easier to get scratched up there. I've got a short scratch on my own hood, close to the forward edge. It's not so deep so as to reach the sheet metal, but quite obvious from 6 feet away.

Couple that with Honda's ridiculously thin paint and topcoat...the clear bra on Fits suddenly makes a lot of sense, especially to protect the paint on the lower front bumper.

HTHs

Quick Reply: My first Honda is a gas guzzler...