2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My first Honda is a gas guzzler...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Type 100
Good idea. You might want to consider hiking it up to the entire hood, if it's possible.

In my experience, stone chips can easily hit as high as the hood. There's not much of a front end on our cars so it's all the easier to get scratched up there. I've got a short scratch on my own hood, close to the forward edge. It's not so deep so as to reach the sheet metal, but quite obvious from 6 feet away.

Couple that with Honda's ridiculously thin paint and topcoat...the clear bra on Fits suddenly makes a lot of sense, especially to protect the paint on the lower front bumper.

HTHs
Yeah, I just got quoted $875 (tax included) for:

full bumper
full hood
full front fenders
sidemirrors
headlamps
foglamps

The guy uses Venture Shield which has a lifetime warranty against fading, cracking, yellowing, etc.

I'm even thinking of getting the little area underneath the doorhandles done too. I hate it when that area gets all scratched up, especially when you have girls as passengers with their long nails, jewelry, etc. The guy says he can do it for $15/ea door.

myke

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 PM
btw, some mods are already in progress

I already ordered the Accord horn to replace the *meep meep* stock horn

Also have a black billet grille coming, since I've heard of peoples condensers getting killed by rocks on the road

Then tint, then clear bra, etc.

I haven't even owned this thing for a week and I'm already spending money on it, wtf? Is this normal?

myke

Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IBJanky
I haven't even owned this thing for a week and I'm already spending money on it, wtf? Is this normal?

That's the appeal of Fits/Jazzes I think. There's so much you can do to them. Granted they're not perfect out of the box, some things can stand improving (the pathetic stock horn, for example), but it's really easy to "make it your own" so to speak.

Where I come from, back when there were only GD Fits and no GEs yet, we mod-crazy Fit owners came up with an acronym for the chassis code GD - "Gastos Dami" (literally Filipino for "spend a lot"). I see it's not in any way unique to GDs as GE owners love adding bits and baubles to their rides as well.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM

That's the appeal of Fits/Jazzes I think. There's so much you can do to them. Granted they're not perfect out of the box, some things can stand improving (the pathetic stock horn, for example), but it's really easy to "make it your own" so to speak.

Where I come from, back when there were only GD Fits and no GEs yet, we mod-crazy Fit owners came up with an acronym for the chassis code GD - "Gastos Dami" (literally Filipino for "spend a lot"). I see it's not in any way unique to GDs as GE owners love adding bits and baubles to their rides as well.
Haha, that's pretty good man

I just noticed your from the Philippines. Kamusta naman dyan pare?

I was just there this past April, and I loved every minute of it.

Will probably go back sometime this year or early next year.

myke

Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Haha, that's pretty good man

I just noticed your from the Philippines. Kamusta naman dyan pare?

I was just there this past April, and I loved every minute of it.

Will probably go back sometime this year or early next year.

myke

I'm good bro, south Manila traffic's a bitch though due to the SLEX Skyway Stage 2 construction.

Corrupt politicians, crazy jeepney and bus drivers, suicidal pedestrians...yeah, same old, same old

You were here April you say? Glad to know you enjoyed your time here. Where'd you stay? I hope for your sake you weren't cooped up in Manila. There are much better places to go to in this country...unless your idea of fun is visiting a lot of malls.

- JM

Old 07-28-2009, 12:41 AM

I'm good bro, south Manila traffic's a bitch though due to the SLEX Skyway Stage 2 construction.

Corrupt politicians, crazy jeepney and bus drivers, suicidal pedestrians...yeah, same old, same old

You were here April you say? Glad to know you enjoyed your time here. Where'd you stay? I hope for your sake you weren't cooped up in Manila. There are much better places to go to in this country...unless your idea of fun is visiting a lot of malls.

- JM
Yeah man, I was there for a couple of weeks. Then went to Thailand for 2 more weeks.

I spent "some" time in Manila just to see my dad and some old friends. Then ended up going to Cebu and Boracay.

I'm actually thinking of buying a small condo in Makati. When I go back I'm going to check out some places and scope out the area.

myke

Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Yay for scooters! I still commute on my Vespa 250; for me, the Fit is for longer trips or carrying stuff.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Quig
Yay for scooters! I still commute on my Vespa 250; for me, the Fit is for longer trips or carrying stuff.
Yup, I'm the same.

If I'm just picking something up quick from the store, then I just jump on my scooter. If I have to haul more stuff, then the Fit is GO!

myke

Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Congrats, Myke! I just picked up my Taffeta White Sport last night! Great choice of color

Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Last night was the first time I made use of the Fit's versatility.

I had to pick up a desk and a chair for my roommate. Went to the chick's house and was just able to get this long table inside with no problem. I think I didnt even have to take out the legs, but I did it anyway. The girl was surprised how much room I had in the car

Did I mention I love this car?

myke

Last edited by IBJanky; 07-30-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM
My Accord horn and black billet grille came in.

I'm going to install it after I get my windows tinted and Clearbra installed tomorrow.

Can't wait

myke

Last edited by IBJanky; 07-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Pics when you get the grille in and tint finished?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Pics when you get the grille in and tint finished?
Absolutely

I'm probably going with either 20% or 30% tint all around. I gotta see in person how dark they are.

myke

Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'm actually thinking of buying a small condo in Makati. When I go back I'm going to check out some places and scope out the area.

myke
Lemme know if you're around the area bro. Maybe we can meet up and have a few beers. Cheers!

Definitely waiting for photos post-tint.

-JM

Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Got the tint done today.

Went to California Tint in Rosemead, CA. They go great work and the price was right.

$130 cash for all 9 windows, using 20% Greystone tint by Johnson Films all the way around.

Here's some pics...

Pre-tint:

Them working on the car:

And here's the finished product:

I tried to take a bunch of pics to show the tint in various angles.

I think 20% all around looks the nicest. Looks real clean.

Not too dark, not too light... just right.

I was supposed to get my Clearbra done today as well, but the guy called me and said he couldn't make it because he was stuck in traffic 40 miles away. He's coming Sunday afternoon to do it instead. After he does my Clearbra I'm gonna slap on my black billet grille and upgraded Accord horn.

myke

Last edited by IBJanky; 07-31-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
It's looking very nice! Can't wait to see the grill! Your car is my future car's roll model. LOL

You, good sir, have fabulous taste!

Old 08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
It's looking very nice! Can't wait to see the grill! Your car is my future car's roll model. LOL

You, good sir, have fabulous taste!
Thanks for the kind words!

I'm waiting for my installer to do the Clearbra before I put the grille on. I don't want the grill to interfere with the Clearbra installation.

Should get all that done tomorrow.

myke

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Took off the rear "FIT" emblem off yesterday.

Before:

After:

So clean looking now

myke

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Today the guy came to my house and is finishing up the Clearbra:

So far so good. I got the whole front end done, so there are no visible lines in the middle of the hood and the fenders. Got the sidemirrors, headlamps, and foglights Clearbra'd as well.

Can't wait to see the finished product

myke

Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Dang...looks so good debadged! The whole front was like 800?
I would LOVE to get that...but I don't think I can afford it, at least not right away. It's only 4 miles to work though so maybe I'll be safe for a while.

Your Fit looks awesome! (we need the bow down smiley)

Quick Reply: My first Honda is a gas guzzler...