2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

going to get fit but questions first!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM
going to get fit but questions first!!!!!

ok i should be getting my fit in the first weeks of august but i was wondering when does the 2010s were coming out anyone know????

Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
September and on is suppose to be the best time to buy, but you may be low on inventory...and from everything I hear towards the end of the month is best...as well as rainy or cloudy days...sales reacts like the stock market everything changes according to the situation. When I got my fit it was marked up 2K and I told the guy I wasn't gonna pay the mark up no way, and he said ok, ended up getting it like 400 under MSRP or something...come in with a plan, educated, and stick to it.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 PM
400 under msrp? what dealer did you go to??

Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit4me?!
ok i should be getting my fit in the first weeks of august but i was wondering when does the 2010s were coming out anyone know????
probably just a couple weeks later, Sept would be my guess maybe early Sept.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah...I'm not getting my car until September October...for two reasons: 1) I need to wait for my bonus in September so that I can have a large down payment, for lower monthly...yadayada... 2) I want to have a chance to check out the 2010s and/or benefit from the shooing out of the 2009's... I guess that is really 3 reasons. But they make sense to me, damnit! :-D

It all depends on what I can find when it comes time. I really want white, and I'm sure it'll be difficult to find come time--but if I'm given an outstanding deal on a leftover, non prime color choice, 2009, I might jump at it. Otherwise, I'm hoping and praying for a white 2010 (and hopefully not a price jackup).

Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 PM
i just need to hurry up and get mine, like right now!!!

Old 07-22-2009, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Yeah...I'm not getting my car until September October...for two reasons: 1) I need to wait for my bonus in September so that I can have a large down payment, for lower monthly...yadayada... 2) I want to have a chance to check out the 2010s and/or benefit from the shooing out of the 2009's... I guess that is really 3 reasons. But they make sense to me, damnit! :-D

It all depends on what I can find when it comes time. I really want white, and I'm sure it'll be difficult to find come time--but if I'm given an outstanding deal on a leftover, non prime color choice, 2009, I might jump at it. Otherwise, I'm hoping and praying for a white 2010 (and hopefully not a price jackup).
Keep in mind the 09's will depreciate at least $1500 when the 2010's come out. Not really a major factor though if you are keeping the car 4+ years.
Hard to say on pricing, I think steel prices may be down and the dollar/ yen is fairly steady. And they may figure they are at a price point in a rather slow market.
2010's may not go up much

Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 AM
im planning on getting my fit in mid-late august. cuz i would like to have it b4 i start school in september and because im worried the CARS program will run out of money by then. but i do have a few worries about the fit...
117 hp does seem a bit low, i live in new jersey and im worried about how it handles in the snow. anybody have any experience driving it through the snow? and hows the acceleration on the highway? im worried i wont have the power i need when i go to pass another car or merge onto a highway.

i really love that it comes with so many standards for the price. but honda has a really bad basic warranty compared to other companies. any thought on the extended warranties? are they worth it?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
anyone know for sure of definite changes for the 2010 model fit? other than the upcoming hybrid model coming?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3

800-1000 buck price jump from 09 to 10's

Old 07-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo
anyone know for sure of definite changes for the 2010 model fit? other than the upcoming hybrid model coming?
No know plans out to the dealers for hybrid fits right now. could change but were buying our 2010 cars right now and not seeing anything. vsa should be standard on all fit models in 2010

Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Egon84
No know plans out to the dealers for hybrid fits right now. could change but were buying our 2010 cars right now and not seeing anything. vsa should be standard on all fit models in 2010
Thanks for the input...also, about the vsa...good deal.

Any ideas about colors?

Thanks... + rep

Last edited by Btrthnezr3; 07-23-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Where did you get this information? That would be a SCARY jump in price, enough to persuade many, like myself, off of buying a new Fit if the hike was unwarranted by small or no changes.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by wutthefx
im planning on getting my fit in mid-late august. cuz i would like to have it b4 i start school in september and because im worried the CARS program will run out of money by then. but i do have a few worries about the fit...
117 hp does seem a bit low, i live in new jersey and im worried about how it handles in the snow. anybody have any experience driving it through the snow? and hows the acceleration on the highway? im worried i wont have the power i need when i go to pass another car or merge onto a highway.

i really love that it comes with so many standards for the price. but honda has a really bad basic warranty compared to other companies. any thought on the extended warranties? are they worth it?
Paddle shifters or MT for passing. I actually got annoyed with a dude in a BMW the other day for speeding up/slowing down all over the place while talking on his cell, so I passed him. Paddles worked fine, though my MPG meter shot way down, heh.

I got the extended warranty as I plan on keeping the car forever (it'll go to my girl eventually, I'm sure). They gave me 10% off the price of it after I said it was a bit expensive. I think it's worth it, it extends the 3 years to 7. Check it out and decide for yourself though, ext. warranties aren't for everyone, however they do look nice when/if you sell it.

-P

The

Old 07-23-2009, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo
Not really sure how realistic a hybrid is for the Fit (dont get me wrong that would rule) but Honda would be shooting itself in the foot as it would compete with the insight...looking at Toyota as a business model Toyota did not release a hybrid Corolla or Matrix once they started selling the Prius like mad...Not to mention the hybrid scene seems to like to distinguish itself with a car that screams HYBRID!!!! thats why the civic hybrid failed to compete with the Prius, it looked too normal. , hence the almost identically designed Insight.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Not really sure how realistic a hybrid is for the Fit (dont get me wrong that would rule) but Honda would be shooting itself in the foot as it would compete with the insight...looking at Toyota as a business model Toyota did not release a hybrid Corolla or Matrix once they started selling the Prius like mad...Not to mention the hybrid scene seems to like to distinguish itself with a car that screams HYBRID!!!! thats why the civic hybrid failed to compete with the Prius, it looked too normal. , hence the almost identically designed Insight.
For sure they do--it's a status thing as well as an environmental thing (not everyone is like that though). Looks like they are moving forward in Japan and maybe Europe, but a US Hybrid Fit?

My car apologizes for killing so many of you when it blew up that last death star...

-P

Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trick
For sure they do--it's a status thing as well as an environmental thing (not everyone is like that though). Looks like they are moving forward in Japan and maybe Europe, but a US Hybrid Fit?

My car apologizes for killing so many of you when it blew up that last death star...

-P
Its ok we got you back in Empire by stealing your princess. locking that pesky Han Solo up and cutting Lukes hand off...

If the Hybrid shows up in the US that would be way cool, maybe it will have solar panels to help cool the interior!!! All kidding aside if a Hybrid did show on US soil I would think it would put Honda insight sales into the grave...

Last edited by Stormtrooper; 07-23-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
thats enough to keep me from buying one.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Its ok we got you back in Empire by stealing your princess. locking that pesky Han Solo up and cutting Lukes hand off...

If the Hybrid shows up in the US that would be way cool, maybe it will have solar panels to help cool the interior!!! All kidding aside if a Hybrid did show on US soil I would think it would put Honda insight sales into the grave...
True... I was going to say something about return of the Jedi, but I had an ewok flashback and decided against it. Wedge and lando calrissian giving it to the death star, proctology style...something like that.

Agreed. I think it would be the death nail, although there are quite a few people out there who A. hate hatchbacks B. want more power than a fit hybrid would give and C. want to look cool in a HYBRID ONLY platform. Probably not enough to save the insight, but there was a recent article that stated that Honda engineers are retooling the insight to soften the ride, increase the fuel economy and save the day. Maybe they'll try to set it further apart from an eventual Fit Hybrid?

We'll see.

-P

Old 07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by wutthefx

I will give you my opinion on your questions....
Yes 117 hp is low but remember we are talking about a 2600lb car (AT). Even lower for MT. I came from a Acura CL-S so yes I saw a major power loss but the CL-S had power I never really used on every day driving. The Fit keeps up with traffic very easily. It is not a problem what so ever with getting on on-ramps.. I currently have a 07 TSX with the Fit. Yes the TSX is slightly more powerful but the Fit can keep up with it just fine (The fit def. out handles the TSX thats for sure ). On every day driving 90% of the time I am pulling away from traffic at a light. Yes people have big V6's and V8's but 90% of the time they drive like grandmas. Such a waste of gas and money imo. I drive faster than them and still average 33 mpg in the city...(insert evil laugh here)
As for snow. I bought my car in January and we got one last good snow while I was driving the fit as the DD. Surprisingly it handles alot better in the snow that my CL-S did. Reason's why is 1) Not alot of Tq....The traction was easy to control in the fit. 2) its light as heck. The CL-S wanted to slide when you hit the brakes in snow. The fit actually stopped.
As for extended warranties I just have basic. Extended warranties never really been a need for me in the past.

Quick Reply: going to get fit but questions first!!!!!