2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE8 reviewed...by a GD owner (dun dun dun!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 PM
i think most people prefer it, even gd owners... just some don't want to admit it cause they just spent a decent chunk of change buying a new car... the gds are still sweet cars though

Last edited by Yes, I Vtec; 07-22-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm sure there are some GD owners who do prefer it. Even the ones that don't are a little jealous of the new stuff. I really feel sorry for the people who think it looks better, too. They must really be hurting.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:08 PM
This is not a fair review. Eldaino have a thing for the GE8's, seems like a favoritism type of review but not an equal review of differences of the GD's and the GE's. I've seen some of his post admiring the GE8's so much

Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Eldaino's review anticipated this sort of comment. Speaking just for myself, I was somewhat interested in the Fit when it came out, but didn't really get excited until the new model appeared. To my eye, while still obviously a member of the same family, it is significantly more attractive than the original, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Yes, I Vtec
i think its everyone prefers it, even gd owners... just some don't want to admit it cause they just spent a decent chunk of change buying a new car
If the GD and the GE came out the same time. I would still prefer the GD over the GE due to the GD has the refresh mode and I found that very useful for me. And I do think the back of the GD is much better looking in person compare the the GE's. The front is subjective.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i think its everyone prefers it, even gd owners... just some don't want to admit it cause they just spent a decent chunk of change buying a new car
Terrible mind set. I came in here thinking of trolling, and then you throw this shit on me.
P.S. Your name sucks, maybe if you had "real" vtec.

P.P.S. My name sucks too.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
I like everything about the GE8 except for the fake rear diffuser and the taillights. Why did they put Chrysler-style minivan taillights on this car? Haven't seen any aftermarket/oem replacements that are any better either.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 PM
GD's = lame.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
Terrible mind set. I came in here thinking of trolling, and then you throw this shit on me.
P.S. Your name sucks, maybe if you had "real" vtec.

P.P.S. My name sucks too.
i don't get how that's a bad mind set. everyone I talk to likes the ge more. that's all i meant.
I like my name... I don't drive a fit yet, i have a civic si with "real" vtec

Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Selden
Eldaino's review anticipated this sort of comment.
It deserves it because this is coming from one person's review that has a thing for the GE and wishes he had a GE, this thread just became the majority because this is a GE8 forum. To tell you the truth I don't have anything against the GE8's, I like the GE8's too but I would just prefer the GD3 over the GE8 due to its refresh mode feature, rear end and simple and friendly controls. In fact, if a member is asking what should they get if GE or a GD. I always say get the GE8 if you have the money to buy a new car. I did not say that because I prefer the GE8 but I always say to get the GE8 for practicality reasons (Fresh, warranty and higher resale value)

Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i don't get how that's a bad mind set. everyone I talk to likes the ge more. that's all i meant.
I like my name... I don't drive a fit yet, i have a civic si with "real" vtec
Well you should definitely think of rewording your posts then, it definitely didn't come off that way.
And to everyone else, I don't "hate" the GE, I think there are some bad ass ones, but I still would rather have a GD.

What year/body style Si? I'm just curious. If modded, pics?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 PM
i don't get how that's a bad mind set. vtec
I too think it was a bad mind set. One sided point of view. Your previous statement sounds like "the newer the better".

Old 07-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Well sorry if i offended anyone but anywho... 2000 coupe. basic bolt ons and some unknown internal work(don't know what but ive pulled on v6 stangs and what not and it was the original owner that did most of the work, im the third, so...) as far as under the hood, rims off a teg(not my doing) blacked emblems and my favourite little addition I've done, a DAMN loud stereo... I'll try to remember to stick a pic or two up when i get home

Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Black01
Your previous statement sounds like "the newer the better".
Clearly he has not checked out the new TL's.

Last edited by Kyle is raaddd; 07-21-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I too think it was a bad mind set. One sided point of view. Your previous statement sounds like "the newer the better".
didn't mean it that way... I mean its sleaker and more "modern" so from my experiences it's been more popular

Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Well sorry if i offended anyone but anywho... 2000 coupe. basic bolt ons and some unknown internal work(don't know what but ive pulled on v6 stangs and what not and it was the original owner that did most of the work, im the third, so...) as far as under the hood, rims off a teg(not my doing) blacked emblems and my favourite little addition I've done, a DAMN loud stereo... I'll try to remember to stick a pic or two up when i get home
My brother had a white 2000 coupe, and it was the car that got me into the honda scene. I'll be waiting for those pics.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 PM
after dain left i grabbed a plate and took my old gd3 out for a spin (still looking for a new owner) to do some sort of comparison of my own and i have to agree. i went from the gd3 to a ge8 mt for a fair comparison and im still kicking myself for not waiting the 3 weeks for the 09's to come out when I got my 08 gd3

Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
Look, you admit that you prefer the way the GE8 looks. To me, this is the most telling thing in your post. .
I for one never say anything about either the GD's or GE's looks. We hardly ever have a thread in the 2nd gen forum that doesnt get a hamster, gd>ge, or ge sucks comment. To say the GE looks good would ramp up the GE hate

This is not a fair review. Eldaino have a thing for the GE8's, seems like a favoritism type of review but not an equal review of differences of the GD's and the GE's.
You are saying that Eldaino does not have a right to his opinion????? Are you serious????
The man owns a GD, it would be the easiest thing to do to stick with his car, it would save money and he would be safe from criticism from the GD guys. He is not biased, he is open minded

Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
Clearly he has not checked out the new TL's.

Last edited by Tork; 07-22-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
its ok, looks like a hamster...
'Ma says it looks like a cockroach...

Old 07-22-2009, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
'Ma says it looks like a cockroach...
if cockroach was 2 words, she would have it half right LOL
Looks more like a beaver though.

Last edited by Tork; 07-22-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quick Reply: GE8 reviewed...by a GD owner (dun dun dun!)