2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

K&N Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Hmmm....what I'd really like to see is the dyno charts for this system with "heat shield" on, then off. If it's really a benefit, then cool (pun intended)....otherwise that's one ugly component I'd rather do without having to pay extra for.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Different pressure, temperature, humidity, etc. Who can trust results like that?

I'm calling their bluff.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
Different pressure, temperature, humidity, etc. Who can trust results like that?
meh, I wouldn't say any of it is bullshit (at least over any of the other offerings) but ya, seriously, if your going to dyno it, seriously how hard is it to drop the stock after a run. I agree with the design and am willing to give it a try regardless of the numbers or rebuttals.

thats an elimation of 7 stock bends in the intake... mmmmmmhhhh

Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 PM
It 'll be ncie to see when they get it out, and the price. I've used Fujita on other cars, but they don't have one for the new Fit, so this looks like a good option. When I put the Fujita on my Solstice, MPG went up immediately over 2 miles per gallon. Othe Solstice owners got the same increase. Now I'm getting over 30 with that car, up and down mountians. Way over EPA estimates. Be interesting to see what this does to mileage on a Fit.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Got it!

I just installed this over the weekend, and so far I've been impressed. HP boost is not really perceivable but MAN! This things sounds great at higher RPM's. Gas mileage so far seems to be about the same, except for the constant desire to REV IT UP!

Now if Tanebe would only come out with their Concept G for the '09 Fit, my car will be complete!

Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone got a ball-park figure as to what the retail will be for this. I could overlook no MPG or power boost, but if it sounds better, I'm in!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Put it on yesterday. I'll put up some pics and hopefully link a video. The sound is GREAT, HP gain is actually noticeable (but barely), and it was a fairly easy install. Took me about 3 hours and I'm definitely a noob!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:27 PM
So K&N finally released it huh? Yeah get ready to see your MPG drop haha mine is lower just cause i tend to step on it more and more @_@

Old 09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit4afit
So K&N finally released it huh? Yeah get ready to see your MPG drop haha mine is lower just cause i tend to step on it more and more @_@
I went about half a day without flooring it and then I couldn't resist! It just is too fun not to.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by baylorbro
I went about half a day without flooring it and then I couldn't resist! It just is too fun not to.
seriously! have fun and drive safe

Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Just installed one a week ago

Buy mine from Crutchfield for $275, free shipping, back ordered 3 weeks.
I don't notice any power change. Wasn't the reason to get it though. But I can definitely feel the much faster throttle response. I was in traffic and needed to change lane from a stand stil. I tapped on the gas and off I went into the next lane. Before, I had to give a lot of gas and still had to wait for a half second before the Fit would go. It hasn't affected my gas mileage yet as I don't really floor it.
I instruction has you replace the stock coolant bypass hose with the one that come with the intake. I think it is unnecessary as the stock works just fine and you end up losing some coolant. It is hard not to get it on the floor when you have to remove the host from the engine.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 AM
xm8
The KN is a SRI. It is not a CAI.

AEM is releasing its Cold Air Intake System For the Manual-Transmission Honda Fit.

AEM Media Center

Does'nt say which year Fit.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
i know that k&n drop in filters will not void your warranty, but what about these? if they void my warranty im not going to do it.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
No it will not. Unless they can prove that the intake was the cause of whatever is happening to your car. Look up the magnuson-moss act, I think its called. For example if your transmission blows up they will have to fix it, since an intake is not directly linked to the transmission. Get it?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I know the filters are not supposed to void warranties, but....Several Solstice owners who used K&N drop in filters had their vehicle warranties voided by their dealers recently. They knew full well that it would cost tens of thousand of bucks to sue GM. How many people really have the money to do that? Not many. And for what, MAYBE a few extra ponies? Chances are you would not get one of those wacko dealers, but what if you did? Yes, you would probably win the suit, but at what cost, and how long would they drag it out trying to out-wait you? The problem seems to be the oil, which on some cars really screws up the air sensor. (Mustangs, for one) To each his own, but I will stick to the non-oiled high flow ones.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
A dealership cannot just VOID your warranty like that. Even if you think they might just re-install the stock intake and then go. It takes 20 minutes. My car is under warranty and even if something were to go wrong, I would absolutely not even consider taking my car into a Honda dealership. The technicians are all a bunch of schmucks. Read up on all the horror stories and BS these dealerships caused.

Like I said, if they cannot prove that said modification damaged X part, then it is covered under warranty. Would you believe them if they told you that your K&N intake caused the rear passenger power window motor to fail, thus they wont be able to cover it? Use common sense here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
I have one for sale if you're interested

Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
The sad fact is, the dealer can do whatever he can get away with. Unless you have deep pockets and are willing to spend thousands to fight them......Just hope your dealer is not as crooked as SOME GM dealers are.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Bro fit4afit,

Can U get the torque curve chart? Interest more on the torque then peak HP.

Cheers

T-R

Old 02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
I could only find the HP gains, not sure they ever released the torque numbers.

Quick Reply: K&N Cold Air Intake