2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cheap Ebay Armrest - Is it any good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
I can really argue the same thing about yours. Mine is sturdy enough to support the average driver right now too. Yes in the long run it might not hold up but who's to say yours will be any better. Based on what I've seen on yours you have a piece go into the rear cup holder and if you want you fasten in down with the one existing bolt. Just like what I've seen on the ebay armrest the one flaw I've seen is there is not alot of side support (meaning if you push on it from the side is it going to move. With the ebay one right now I used the extra screws included and fastened then on the inside cupholder to resolve this issue but with yours only sitting in the cup holder and with one bolt holding it down how is this resolved with yours?
Also what about the back area where your armrest comes over the back of the existing cupholder. You have a little ledge there to support the armrest and then continues down to your built in cupholder. What is to stop this area from scratching the existing console up especially if its only laying in there not securely fastened?
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to attach Zeta by any means but since I have the ebay armrest and have seen yours I don't see alot of differances from a consumer standpoint. Yes it might be slightly more secure but remember yours cost double. Truly the OEM one seems the most solid using heavy duty metal brackets but yet again your paying over triple the cost of the ebay armrest.
This again just reiterates you gotta pay to play I guess.
I got it, post feedback after you have had the armerst for a month or so.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
I've had the Zeta armrest in our Project Fit for a few months now. I daily drive and "test" (ie: beat the hell out of) the car regularly and I completely forget its there. It's like a factory part of the car that I don't even think about. I lean on it constantly, I've put my weight on it countless times when I was trying to test fit a race bucket seat, and it hasn't budged. The strong base and heigh of the factory cup holder work well together to insure it doesn't give you problems. I'm not saying the eBay one is garbage as I've never had first hand experience with it; but looking at the photos, there's no way I would risk putting my weight on that.

Last edited by rodrez.; 07-31-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by rodrez.
I've had the Zeta armrest in our Project Fit for a few months now. I daily drive and "test" (ie: beat the hell out of) the car regularly and I completely forget its there. It's like a factory part of the car that I don't even think about. I lean on it constantly, I've put my weight on it countless times when I was trying to test fit a race bucket seat, and it hasn't budged. The strong base and heigh of the factory cup holder work well together to insure it doesn't give you problems. I'm not saying the eBay one is garbage as I've never had first hand experience with it; but looking at the photos, there's no way I would risk putting my weight on that.

Thank you very much for your input. Its nice to here that from someone else then the actual company employee and esp. from a person who's job is to test products.
Yes the ebay one is not top of the line but it does do what I need it to right now. Its been close to a week now and mine too has held up. Like Angelo said it might not hold up in the long run but I was curious and wanted to give it a try. We will see how it holds up for weeks to come. If it doesn't hold up I'm out $50..no biggy really to me. I've drank that away in one night of drinking at the bar . I will keep the fingers crossed but if it doesn't work out I will either get the OEM or Zeta's.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Haha, I'm glad this is one of the few things that were better in the first gen. The GD3's stock console is already reinforced in the same way Honda asks you to for installation of their OEM GE armrest. Going from 2 screws on the sides to one screw down from the top in the back of the console? What was the point, it couldn't have saved that much money!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Please read the whole thread.
its actually a full arm center console with storage and actually slides up.

thus....

I bought one that looks just like this on Ebay but I'm sure it's not a Zeta. I have to say it feels very flimsy and I intend to replace with a OEM one as soon as I can. If I had to do it again, I would not have bought it.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by polokid69
I bought one that looks just like this on Ebay but I'm sure it's not a Zeta. I have to say it feels very flimsy and I intend to replace with a OEM one as soon as I can. If I had to do it again, I would not have bought it.
The armrest you purchased has no support at the base whatsoever. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it. I have one of these on my desk and its really is not worth it at all.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
I have the zeta. love it. i like how it has the tray so it kinda has like a secret storage area below. lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
The armrest you purchased has no support at the base whatsoever. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it. I have one of these on my desk and its really is not worth it at all.

The one I had in my GD3,had two pods sticking out that seated in the console and was very sturdy. In fact it lasted until my car was totaled and only the lid broke off from my arm.

Old 10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by polokid69
The one I had in my GD3,had two pods sticking out that seated in the console and was very sturdy. In fact it lasted until my car was totaled and only the lid broke off from my arm.
The 07/08 armrest we offer fits in the 2 compartments in the center console. The 09 armrest we have fits in the large, deep, square cup holder/compartment at the end of the console.