2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Floormat Advice for New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Floormat Advice for New Owner

Just bought an 09 Fit last week and I'm psyched. Love it so far but I could really use some floormat buying advice.

I really like the design of the Weathertech Floorliners but I had read in one of the threads on this site that they were not made for manuals and some people were having trouble with the clutch catching on the mat. Can any manual owners with these mats ease my concerns? I saw one person say it wasn't a problem but I'm hoping a can find a few others.

Also, with the Weathertech mats, it doesn't seem as though they come with hooks. Are they necessary?

I'm also looking at the Honda all season mats which I like, even though I'm not thrilled with installing the hooks and cutting the carpet. However, they are a bit cheaper and they also include rear mats. Anyway, I have done the search thing and read about all I can find on this site but I'm still torn. Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:09 PM
The Honda all season mats aren't worth the money. Spend the extra buck and go WeatherTech. After using the Honda all season mats for about 6 months they are trash. They don't catch anything, only the drivers side has hooks, the passenger side slides around like there's bacon grease on the carpet, the back mats are alright (i really never have many people in my back seat).

The WeatherTechs are superb. Have had them in for about a month now and they catch everything, nothing gets on the carpet and the fitment is spot on. The backs could go up further underneath the seat but I have had no issue with them yet. They still catch more than the Honda all season mats.

Do what you want. I would recommend the WeatherTechs. If not, I've got a set of Honda all season mats I'll let go for cheap if you want them!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
i bought my fit a little over a month ago and bought the weathertech floor liners. they are pricey, but it's an extremely well-engineered, quality product. mine don't slide around at all. they occupy the entire foot well so there is nowhere for them to slide. i am a very satisfied customer and plan to buy more weathertech products for my fit when they become available.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the help so far. I'm definitely leaning toward the Weathertech's, I'm just concerned with the fit issues people reported with the clutch catching when they first came out. I really don't feel like returning them or cutting them to fit. I'm hoping some M/T drivers can chime in.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I own an A/T with front and rear Weathertech Floorliners DigitalFit. They do not require hooks since they hug the contours of the floor. They do not shift around. The front are awesome. I feel like I have a countoured bucket down there to catch all the snow during winter. The rear fell short of my expectations (which were based on the front...the rear wasn't available yet when I bought the front). But the rear is the best I've seen compared to the ones sold in auto shops.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I'd also like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue with M/T and these mats...

Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
cwf
5 Year Member
I have been somewhat disappointed by the fit and stability of the WeatherTech mat on the driver side of my MT '09. The mat seems to cut diagonally across the base of the dead pedal when placed properly and does not stay put. I've thought about trying to make them stay put, but right now in summer have just taken the mat out. I am thinking that I ought to contact WT.

Otoh, the passenger side mat fits nicely. And I have been a very happy user of WeatherTech mats for a goodly number of years on other cars.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by MrFrump
Just bought an 09 Fit last week and I'm psyched. Love it so far but I could really use some floormat buying advice.

I really like the design of the Weathertech Floorliners but I had read in one of the threads on this site that they were not made for manuals and some people were having trouble with the clutch catching on the mat. Can any manual owners with these mats ease my concerns? I saw one person say it wasn't a problem but I'm hoping a can find a few others.

Also, with the Weathertech mats, it doesn't seem as though they come with hooks. Are they necessary?

I'm also looking at the Honda all season mats which I like, even though I'm not thrilled with installing the hooks and cutting the carpet. However, they are a bit cheaper and they also include rear mats. Anyway, I have done the search thing and read about all I can find on this site but I'm still torn. Thanks in advance for your help.
HI,
I've got the OEM all season floormats for my '09 Fit, and I really like 'em better than any other mats. I saw that you were concerned about installing the hooks, but let me assure you they are very easy to install and are VERY necessary to keep the mat from slipping. You will need a way to secure any mats you buy IMO due to the grade of carpet in the Fit. Good Luck

Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 PM
How are the Honda carpeted floormats? Do they sit still or slide around?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:23 AM
i got the mugen floor mats and they are just fine

Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 AM
one company... weather tech

Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Katita
IMO, I would go with something besides the OEM mats if you're considering carpet mats. It sounds like Weathertech is the way to go, even for the all season mats if you have the funds.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM
The WeatherTech all weather mats are made for AT only. I bought them only to learn that after. WeatherTech was great about returning them, but they didn't do what I needed for my MT. I went back to the OEM rubber mats. At that pioint (January) WeatherTech had no plans to make them for MT's, that may have changed. If so I'd buy them.

The Honda rubber mats don't do what I really wanted which were durable, high wall mats. Unfortunately that's what I had to work with.

If someone else has had another experience with the 09 MT I'd love to hear it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Weathertech floorliners for my '09 Sport MT, and haven't noticed any issues with them at all. If I DID notice the clutch pedal catching, I'm sure I could do a little custom trimming to fix the problem.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I have the Weathertech floorliners for my '09 Sport MT, and haven't noticed any issues with them at all. If I DID notice the clutch pedal catching, I'm sure I could do a little custom trimming to fix the problem.
Cool. Thanks for responding.

Old 07-13-2009, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
MT here...

nothing wrong with them...

at most maybe 1mm on the gas pedal side... but nothing close to hindering clutch catching or anything like that.

i had a thread here somewhere when i installed it.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Not at all

Originally Posted by Katita

I have the Honda ones and they don't slide. The front mat has "hooks" that you install (it takes about 10 minutes). I haven't had a problem with sliding around, but after 3 months (2,500 miles), the place where the driver's heal goes is starting to look worn. I'm not sure how they will hold up after a couple of years.

Anyway, no sliding.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:29 AM
cwf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cwf
I have been somewhat disappointed by the fit and stability of the WeatherTech mat on the driver side of my MT '09. The mat seems to cut diagonally across the base of the dead pedal when placed properly and does not stay put. I've thought about trying to make them stay put, but right now in summer have just taken the mat out. I am thinking that I ought to contact WT.

Otoh, the passenger side mat fits nicely. And I have been a very happy user of WeatherTech mats for a goodly number of years on other cars.
I contacted McNeil about the fit of the mats for my Fit, sent them a picture as requested, and got back a prompt acknowledgement that they had provided mats that did not fit. They've offered me two options, which I am sorting out.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi there! First post on here--just got my Fit today! So are the all season mats not that great? I have the money--I could afford the WeatherTech mats... are they really worth it?? Are we talking about the Digital Fit WeatherTech mats? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
I believe when the weathertech's were first released there was problems with the clutch pedal getting stuck on the Floorliner. Some MT owners returned them....

original thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...available.html

from the weathertech request thread--->
Originally Posted by strmslvrfit
i have the front floor liners and i have a manual and they fit fine, you just have to file of a lil bit off the part where the clutch goes down and itll be fine
Since all the new owners don't have any problems with the MT fitment, it seems weathertech did some adjustment and all the new Digital FloorLiners don't interfere with the clutch...

Quick Reply: Floormat Advice for New Owner