2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Websites for Full Coils?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lek
When you say it rides like stock. Do you mean soft like stock, but without body roll and sway. How long has your brother been using them and on which model?

he has the br type. he has it on the softest setting since its a street ride and yes it rides like stock but i would say its better with body roll/sway but never really took hardcore turns on city streets. he has been on them for about 5-6months no sag or nothing. if u want a more sport mode u can dial in more stiffness. just google the bc coils and u will find great reviews on nissan forums where they drift/track with these. like i said i only have street experience with these and these have gone way past my expectations. if they come out for ge im on it.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:35 AM
Lek
Thanks for the info, actually, I'll be using them mostly for daily city driving to and from the office.

At present, I am using Tanabe NF210 springs which lower the car OK, but there is more sway and roll than with stock springs.

I know I am asking a lot, but to get a good combo where I can lower a bit and still have a comfortable ride without so much body roll under and sway would be great.

Are these BC coilovers noisy at all and pick up every small bump on the road?

They are out for the GE Taiwan Bor-Chuann= BC-racing =

Old 07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
to me it sounds like u should go with springs with the info u provided. if u just want a small drop while reducing body roll and all that jazz (no pun intended) just go with some reputable springs. i have alot of experience with tein and eibach and either one i would suggest if u want a slightly lower stance than stock. just understand that they are not geared towards track/race use and get shocks/struts to match the springs because over time (some longer than others) the stock shocks will loose pressure and become bouncy and counter productive. it also makes the install much easier than having to rip apart the stock setup and u get to keep that stock setup if u ever want to switch it back to stock. if u have the extra money go with full coils from a good company. most of the time they will be harsher than springs but u have the luxury of dialing in ur stiffness and ride height.

for me its a 100% or nothing so i would go with full coils such as the bc coils because after u get a shock/spring combo going u will be pretty close (depending on brand) to the price of full coils.

i understand your hesitation about going with bc coils because my bro and i went through the same discussion but to our suprise it worked out great. also the bc coils have a warranty program with their shocks, so if u blow one its like 95 bucks or something to get it replaced/repaired. so really its a win win situation. i hope this helps u out some

ok enough gabbin from me. back to work.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Lek
It seems like your brother has had some good luck with his BC coilovers. Are they noisy at all on uneven roads or has he had to replace a strut yet.

I must admit with these BC's fitted I should be able to play around with height and comfort to suit my needs, although the BC's spings seem very strong F 5k & R 4k.