2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Which new daily driver? 2009 Honda Fit vs. 2009 Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey are you IBJanky from FatWallet? If so, you da man!!

For a price point, I got my '09 Fit Sport AT 3 weeks ago for $17,000 exactly (not counting TT&L since I'm in TX). Included window tint, security, wheel locks, and the rear bumper strip thingie. They seemed really desperate to sell and I probably could've done better looking back but it was already less than I thought I'd have to pay. Paid cash, no financing. They offered extra $500 off if financed but not worth it.

Oh ya my iPhone is my navi

Last edited by doornoob; 07-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by doornoob
Hey are you IBJanky from FatWallet? If so, you da man!!

For a price point, I got my '09 Fit Sport AT 3 weeks ago for $17,000 exactly (not counting TT&L since I'm in TX). Included window tint, security, wheel locks, and the rear bumper strip thingie. They seemed really desperate to sell and I probably could've done better looking back but it was already less than I thought I'd have to pay. Paid cash, no financing. They offered extra $500 off if financed but not worth it.

Oh ya my iPhone is my navi
Yep, I'm from FatWallet also! Actually, I'm IBJanky on a lot of forums

The guy from the dealership is supposed to contact me today. He said he was going to talk to the GM and ask him if they're willing to take in my trade for payoff and for me to get the white one.

I just don't see myself in a black car again. Just too much maintenance, gotta clean it ALL THE TIME, or else it looks dusty ALL THE TIME .I do have to agree though, nothing looks better than a freshly waxed black car... for about 5 minutes, then it's dusty again
myke

Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Definitely wait for the color you want, plus the white is way more sexxxxay than the black!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Yea, but whih one is faster in stock??

Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Felixman
Yea, but whih one is faster in stock??
White for sure

Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dgs
If the car they have has the equipment you want it's pretty silly to pass up such a great deal because it's not the color you want.
I disagree... it's the opposite. I think it's silly to buy a car in a color you don't like just because it's a "good deal".

Originally Posted by dgs
So, I took it, not a big deal, I've learned to deal with the white color even though I will secretly always wish it was blackberry pearl.
I can't think of anything I buy that I do not want.. I would be certain to get exactly what I want dropping 20 large and living with it every day...

Originally Posted by dgs
The difference is when a black car comes out of a car wash it looks a thousdand times better than a white car.
This is completely subjective, I think they both look awesome!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
And there you have it! What Reako says...

When I think about other things, I just cannot compromise on certain details. For instance, no matter what the price, NOTHING on this link is a "good deal"...
Plaid Stallions : Rambling and Reflections on 70's pop culture: fashion mockery

Unless there's a retro party coming up.

But it also depends on priorities...if the color wasn't that important, then any color would do. I've already stated far too many times why I felt I HAD to have white. However, I would have taken any color if there was only one color and I needed a car TODAY for some reason. Same with the wacky seventies clothing...If I needed a coat or pants right now to keep me warm, I'd wear anything. If the shoes were too big, but were free and in better shape that shoes I had on with holes in them, I'd take the shoes that were too big.

One can be choosier depending on finances, situation/need, location. At least one person here journeyed 500 miles to get the car of their choice. Other folks picked from whatever was on the lot at time when they went to get a car.

I had to choose from whatever I could get to on public transit. Although the dealership ended up picking me up, which was extremely helpful. That was my requirement, though, I had to be able to get to the dealership on my own, without a car to get there. And calling a limo service was out of the budget. LOL!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I just spoke to one of the Honda fleet managers here in Orange County, CA.

I asked him about the availability of the 2010 Honda Fit Sport Navi A/T (in Tafetta White color).

This is what he said:

Hey Michael

I just ran a locate on that specific model and color in the 2010.

that model will be built Sept 10, 2009. It usually takes 30 days, give or take

a day. Naturally they have not given pricing, but that won't be a worry. Let's

see how they will come equipped

Will keep you posted

Steve
So it looks like the 2010 models should be here by mid-October.

I'm sure there aren't gonna be any major differences between the 2009 and the 2010 models, but there might be some that might be nice nonetheless (Bluetooth maybe?).

Well, I've tried several dealers here (even Carmax) to see what kind of trade in I can get for my car, but they are all lowballing me. Fugg that I'd rather just sell privately and get more for my car. Might take a little longer, but I'm in no rush to sell.

I just hate the wait... I want to get a Fit already! All you guys talking about your Fits are making jealous!

myke

Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
I was comparing both of these cars and decided to get the Fit. I won't be using it as a daily driver though but more of a fun car!

Old 07-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I might have a buyer for my current car.

Put up the car on craigslist and some guy contacted me about it. He looked at the car the other day and loved it. He's pretty serious, he just needs to find a credit union for financing.

Hopefully things all work out and the sale goes through.

Keep you guys posted.

myke

Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Not only are you copying me with a white Fit w/Navi..you also have to have a scooter like me?.......Good to see a fellow scooter-rider/Fit owner...well soon to be Fit owner...funny when your Fit is considered your "gas-hog"....sorry for the cell phone pic.
Name:  0509091418.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  56.3 KB

Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 PM
that scooter is amazingly beautiful. I want one

Old 07-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I didn't. I don't drive much. I might put 2,000-2,500 miles on the car a year. So theoretically, it should last a very long time. Quite possibly longer than I will.

However, if you do put a lot of miles on a car, then you might consider the additional warranty.