2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Holy Cow! I didn't know it was a chick car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:52 AM
"Youngest FitFreak"(without a Fit)
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hanzo
I see more old people (men and women) driving the Fit than girls. I see a lot of girls/women driving RX-8 and lots of girls drive Scion tc. I see lots of old people (men and women) driving miatas.
Yeah, I only see old people driving Fits. I sometimes see a college student (guy or girl), but it is mostly the older crowd.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM
My problem with driving the fit is that even when I am going over the speed limit (gasp!) people come up behind me, tailgate, flash lights, wave their arms, then first chance pass me.

I'm convinced that the Fit looks like it's going 20 mph less than it really is. It also makes it almost impossible to get a speeding ticket.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
My wife did say that when she walks up to our house and sees the Fit and the Civic Coupe in the driveway, she thinks someone would guess that the Civic is mine and the Fit is hers...of course the Civic was my old car...I think the bubble appearance could be somewhat feminine but the go-anywhere puppydog personality overrides.

Most of the people I've shown it to have gushed about how roomy it seems on the inside and how it seems to be a good balance between passenger space yet having tons of on-demand cargo space when you need it.

I agree with most of their list of "chick" cars, though if they acknowledge that VWs are generally feminine it seems silly to list 3 of them. The Miata is NOT a chick car. I would assume that anyone who feels this way is not old enough to have lusted after that little Triumph Spitfire their neighbor drove around town in on sunny days. The Neon may be somewhat effeminate but it's too bland to really go either way.

I usually feel that the Mustang is a chick car. Sorry Mustang guys...just something about it...when I see you driving it, I am secretly judging you.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
i personally like the miata, but a chick car, no matter how dynamic it is, and fodder for older folks it is. same for the t/c and most civic coupes. (which i owned, an 01 ex in ralley red AND a/t. it was THE ultimate girl car, and all the ladies loved it.)

and the same goes for my fit. i have gotten countless compliments on my car, mostly from girls, (but attracitve ones no less) on the fit. the fact that its vbp probably helps.

but i see about an equal amount of folks driving the fit. its kinda nerdy, which i associate as being more of a masculine thing (lol) and i'm nerdy so it suits me. my wife does not look at it as a chick car at all, just a cute nerdy one. she drives an 08 bug and THAT is a chick car. and she loves it.

i say drive what you want regardless of the gender labeling that goes with it. if you happen to drive a chick car, just embrace it.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Always college students or elderly people in Fit's around here, an equal amount of both sexes, and I see a lot of Fits.

Nothing but the best compliments from the ladies, except this one fat bitch who called it a Prius but then again she was on the crosswalk and my friend had just thrown up on her out the window.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I will refrain from climbing onto my soap box, but I have definately been witness to the effects of auto-discrimination. My sexual preference once become a point of debate because of my car. I am not too worried about it. I let ignorance go. I mean whats the point of trying to convince a moron to think differently. I have noticed that most of the people that have negative things to say about my car are men between the ages of 23 and 35, who "Love them sum pickem up trucks and V8s". Ironically enough these are the same types of people who typically tailgate me in even the lightest traffic. My question is if my car makes ME ***, why are YOU riding my ass? Maybe my car makes other people ***. Who knows?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
You will always get the last laugh at the gas pump!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
You will always get the last laugh at the gas pump!
Yessir!

Sure, the cool kid has a nice Mustang or whatever, but who'll be the one driving the girls everywhere with no concern about gas? Whose car, considering gas prices and space, makes it a perfect roadtrip car?

And let's not forget dirty mode

Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi

“There was this one time I was in Overland Park and a guy in the exact same car pulled up next to me,” Neubauer says. “He looked over and gave me the solidarity fist, and I said, ‘Yes! We both are guys driving sissy cars!’”

Cheers.
Nice. I had a similar experience. My g/f and I were driving around and when we stopped at a stop light a dude yelled at his friends "hey, it's a new honda fit, awesome!" They all seemed to agree that my car was indeed awesome.

Solidarity indeed.

For the record, I too am quite comfortable with my masculinity. My g/f refers to it as my "dad car," but never a girl car.

Takes a man to be a dad.

-P

Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by cojaro
Yessir!

Sure, the cool kid has a nice Mustang or whatever, but who'll be the one driving the girls everywhere with no concern about gas? Whose car, considering gas prices and space, makes it a perfect roadtrip car?

And let's not forget dirty mode
Heh, dirty mode FTW.

In addition, all said Mustang owner can do with his girl is sit with her and stare at his car since he probably can't afford to drive it (especially with gas rising in cost) or take her anywhere. Got to pay that note.

-P

Old 06-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Mustang V6 Automatics are ***er than a Fit. I think a Fit is really the most mature car on the road these days for the money. We already get the 35mpg standard that will be put into effect in 2016. We're 7 years early! Also our cars can hold pretty much ANYTHING an SUV can. All we don't have is speed, but we have options: boost or K20. Seriously there is no better car under $20,000 and maybe even $30,000.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM
I personally know 3 Fit owners: myself (male), my brother-in-law and the father of a friend of mine....no chicks...

Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think all of these low-end economy compact cars were intended for 'the wife' use. short women with light build, shorter legs. i say this by the pedal position. same thing with the corolla and yaris.

we guys buy them because they are cool.

i bought mine because i like comical looking cars. including my
Cooper-S. another comical car is the new FX from Infiniti. luv
that new face. so cute.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
None of my friends think my Fit is a girl car. They just refer to it as a "micromachine" car. They are surprised at how room it is though.

But yes, there are those people that just seem to want to boost their ego and tailgate the shiet out of me and then try to pass. I usually just speed up so they can't, and i know that pisses them off. he just wasted a half a gallon of gas just accelerating while i zoom pass him as i sip the gas.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
dont believe everything you read.

i dont believe 80% of fit owners are women.

but the car definitely visually appeals to women more than men.

only women have said to me how much they like the looks of the car.

the masses know very little about the fit. so their feelings about the car are based almost entirely on its appearance, imo.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
yeah i agree with spinout, females are more attracted to the looks i suppose. When i talk to girls about it, some can go on and on about how cool it is. Guys are like, "A Fit? Why did you get a Fit?".
I guess i'm just a practical person when it comes to cars.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Fit a chick car? Honestly, who cares. Chicks attracted to Fits? That's a bonus!
Drive what you want and who cares what people think.
Maybe they also think that a C55 or C63 AMG is a chick magnet.
Am ready for that one too!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
Fit a chick car? Honestly, who cares. Chicks attracted to Fits? That's a bonus!
Drive what you want and who cares what people think.
Maybe they also think that a C55 or C63 AMG is a chick magnet.
Am ready for that one too!
That's true, when I had my WRX and Evo 8 female in general thought it was ugly.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hanzo
That's true, when I had my WRX and Evo 8 female in general thought it was ugly.
how about the driver? jk

Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
I have also heard people saying that the MB SLKs are chick cars.
Hmmm, would they considered the SLK55 AMG as a chick car too?

Perhaps those who think that way don't have the guts to exploit the limits of the vehicle nor the moolah to own one. Sour grapes.

Quick Reply: Holy Cow! I didn't know it was a chick car.