2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Name Your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
well, I am a aviation nut and a sci-fi geek along with most of my friends. so I call my blacked out GE "Oxcart" sometimes its called "Shabah" (close the the Arabic word for ghost, name given to the F-117a when flying out of Saudi Arabia in the early nineties) I think of my blk fit as a ghost because no one pays any attention to it when on the road. It also has no badges on it so when they do see it, its like what was that?
My sci-fi friends call it the Shuttle Pod or Planet express ship. She's a girl, all my cars have been female, most have been temperamental and have had personality. My heavily modified Caprice is called Cecelia because in the Simon and Garfunkel song Cecelia she was Caprices and did things impulsively, I also call it "The Sled". My little electron Blue 2000 civic Si was called "The Blue Demon" it was a angry car and was a little bit of a tomboy.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Name of car

Mine is named Beaker after the Muppets character. Just listen to horn when you lock it up for the night. LOL.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
Tofu 2. My daughter insisted. Tofu was my white 87 Integra that got totaled. Damn, that car got 30 mpg everywhere all the time. I hafta say people seem to think that little white cars are invisible...
If only I coulda got an Australian yellow one, then it would have been the (Banana) Slug, but it would definitely have to be lowered...

Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Mine is called Fitty

Old 01-13-2011, 10:24 PM
i just call mine fit, such as when i walk out to my car in the morning i say "hi fit" lol, im going to have to find another name, now that i look at this thread its a boring name lol

Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
I also just call my car fit. When I hit the gas my girlfriend says 'go fit go' as if trying to get a cute puppy to go after a frisbee. The only thing i have named in my car is the auto transmission, I call it Rob, because it robs my power gains.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:27 AM
My good bud says my Fit looks like a suppository. I am still waiting for a chance to show him how much a suppository my Fit can be!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 AM
I think there may be a reason that both a three-dimensional body that minimizes resistance and well, a three-dimensional body that minimizes resistance may have some common design language.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I also just call my car fit. When I hit the gas my girlfriend says 'go fit go' as if trying to get a cute puppy to go after a frisbee. The only thing i have named in my car is the auto transmission, I call it Rob, because it robs my power gains.

Haha! Awesome.

My GF, her sister and all their friends think my GD is "adorable"

They love sitting in my Laser though... I am betting it's because of the balance shaft removal, solid roll mounts and some big lopey cams

Kind of like a wheeled sybian

Then a good stutterbox launch puts the fear of god back in them... Oh I need it to be spring soon.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-14-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Oh I need it to be spring soon.
No kidding, I'm so tired of spinning tires every time I hit boost at 3K in 1st gear (resulting in a never ending burn out all the way to fourth gear if I dont let off). These all-season tires dont like the cold.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
No kidding, I'm so tired of spinning tires every time I hit boost at 3K in 1st gear (resulting in a never ending burn out all the way to fourth gear if I dont let off). These all-season tires dont like the cold.
That is some really fast friggin spool for first gear! This is the .48A/R turbine side and 8psi?

Do you one wheel peel the whole way

If I find you the like $20 dollar adapter, and then mail you my one of my other turbos (14B) and a free 12v/110lph fuel pump to support it (one thats actually designed for boost) will you throw that sucker on and try to run 8-9psi? You stand to pick up a lot of power, at minimal lag sacrifice, and it is FAR more efficient at the boost pressures you'll be running and beyond. So cooler charge temps and that means it is more friendly to pump gas on our high comp 4 pot motors.

You know that insane wave you feel when you spool in 2nd or 3rd? The 14B feels like a slingshot! and it will not choke on this motor!

Seriously.. I really need to know how the 6cm2 MHI turbine will spool on a 1.5L, the anticipation is killing me! This could be practically bolt on by your standards!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-14-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
That is some really fast friggin spool for first gear! This is the .48A/R turbine side and 8psi?

Do you one wheel peel the whole way

If I find you the like $20 dollar adapter, and then mail you my one of my other turbos (14B) and a free 12v/110lph fuel pump to support it (one thats actually designed for boost) will you throw that sucker on and try to run 8-9psi? You stand to pick up a lot of power, at minimal lag sacrifice, and it is FAR more efficient at the boost pressures you'll be running and beyond. So cooler charge temps and that means it is more friendly to pump gas on our high comp 4 pot motors.

You know that insane wave you feel when you spool in 2nd or 3rd? The 14B feels like a slingshot! and it will not choke on this motor!

Seriously.. I really need to know how the 6cm2 MHI turbine will spool on a 1.5L, the anticipation is killing me! This could be practically bolt on by your standards!

Remember back when we were oggling over how much room there was for the turbo? I was wrong. VERY VERY WRONG. The extra inch you need for the oil drain fitting and line will NOT clear the half shaft heatshield. I had to remove the heat shield just to get a line out the bottom. the line is literally .5 inch away from the halfshaft. Even a slightly larger turbo would not fit and hit the driveshaft. It's so close that if you try to clock away from it, the drain ends up at a 35 degree angle. The additional downward length of an adapter would make fitment... impossible. It would have to be done with a different turbo manifold that would put the turbo at an angle away from the block so that its not heading straight down towards the half shaft.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaFit4Fit
My good bud says my Fit looks like a suppository. I am still waiting for a chance to show him how much a suppository my Fit can be!
Originally Posted by Occam
I think there may be a reason that both a three-dimensional body that minimizes resistance and well, a three-dimensional body that minimizes resistance may have some common design language.
gross and hilarious at the same time!!!

As for a name for my Fit... I keep going back to "ChiChi"... Goku's wife in the japanese anime "Dragon Ball."

1) car is "female"
2) the car gets a little cheeky sometimes, cheeky like a little monkey (many characters in the anime change into apes)

But after mentioning it to my friend... he reminded me about how perverted the Japanese are... "ChiChi" is their little nickname for... "a woman's privates."

But alas... that's about the only name I can think of.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Remember back when we were oggling over how much room there was for the turbo? I was wrong. VERY VERY WRONG. The extra inch you need for the oil drain fitting and line will NOT clear the half shaft heatshield. I had to remove the heat shield just to get a line out the bottom. the line is literally .5 inch away from the halfshaft. Even a slightly larger turbo would not fit and hit the driveshaft. It's so close that if you try to clock away from it, the drain ends up at a 35 degree angle. The additional downward length of an adapter would make fitment... impossible. It would have to be done with a different turbo manifold that would put the turbo at an angle away from the block so that its not heading straight down towards the half shaft.
Yea the oil drain angle is pretty important. There are a couple items, some can be made for cheap, like at that muffler shop that fab'd your downpipe. Even just an angled T3 flange could do the trick.

Or one of these:

Would something like that help you?

There are even angled spacers for T3-T4 adapters, T3-T28, and the one above is a T3-DSM flange. Some of the ones on eBay are $35..

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=t3+t4+adapter

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-14-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
gross and hilarious at the same time!!!

As for a name for my Fit... I keep going back to "ChiChi"... Goku's wife in the japanese anime "Dragon Ball."

1) car is "female"
2) the car gets a little cheeky sometimes, cheeky like a little monkey (many characters in the anime change into apes)

But after mentioning it to my friend... he reminded me about how perverted the Japanese are... "ChiChi" is their little nickname for... "a woman's privates."

But alas... that's about the only name I can think of.
Haha I think I have seen that show on cartoon network actually..

I thought ChiChi's were slang for tits?

Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
Haha I think I have seen that show on cartoon network actually..

I thought ChiChi's were slang for tits?
looking it up in the "urban dictionary"... it apparently has multiple possible meanings.

one of the listed ones for Japanese is "pee pee". but also lists breasts as a more general slang (not specifically Japanese)

hum, maybe I heard my friend wrong.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Mine is called "My Car" when it gets old I will call it the "Piece of Shit"
Is this thread for real? It is one of the cheapest cars made...

Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
My wife still hasn't named her new TW, but my ORM is aptly named: "Relaxed"

Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Occam
I've never named a car before... until this one. "The TARDIS."
LOL same here. Been watching a lot of Dr. Who lately so it just seemed natural to refer to the Fit as the Tardis. People react to both the same way. This also explains my handle in this forum.

Last edited by PoliceCallBox; 01-17-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
My fit is, has, and always will be the purple spaceship. Not sure if that's a name, but my friend used to call it that, and it stuck.

Quick Reply: Name Your Fit