2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

KIA SOUL SPEAKER LED's

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:21 AM
KIA SOUL SPEAKER LED's

OK I have mixed feelings for a mod like this but I kind of thought it was cool in the Soul commercial with the LED's inside the housing for the speaker. Of course it would be better for our Fits if the LED's were Blue. I was going to get the ambient blue lighting and add some light into the glove box.... So my question is this...

1.) Have anyone seen this speaker lighting available other than buying a whole Kia Soul? (and don't suggest I build one, I can if I want but would rather just buy one and get it over with)

2.) What do you guys think about the look... or is it just douche bag-ish?

3.) And if the answer for #2 is non-douche bag would you install it if you could?

Thanks guys and gals for all your responses!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 AM
I think for the Soul it fits because it isn't an ordinary vehicle.

Now to be honest I was thinking about the same thing. I would do the underdash kit with the speaker lighting, that'll be way to much lighting and may distract from driving at night.

I used to have my entire civic interior decked out with blue leds! looked f-ing sick to me and a few others but there were some haters.

I do not know of anyone that makes rings for them, it would most likely have to be a custom job, but I know there are company that make led halos in various sized. its just the speaker houising would need to done...

I think I covered anything

BGS

Old 06-22-2009, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
It's one of those personal preference things man. If you have interest in it go for it! I'm sure you'll get some posts like the one above from those whom share an interest in this idea. As for me, it's just not that high up on my priority list right now. Plus I don't generally like to bring attention to something unless its really done up or interesting (not just a stock speaker housing) but that's just me. So mod that baby up and enjoy brother! Post pics!!

Last edited by reako; 06-22-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I think it's cool... as long as you have the ability to switch it off if you want to.

Once you installed it, I figure you'd get annoyed with it after a while, and would like to turn it off every now and then.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
kinda like LED in a PC. i suppose it's a fun thing for someone that has too much time on their hands. hahahaha

Old 06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
there are tons of in car lighting options as soon as i have the cash at hand my fit well have lights in the car. now my sound and lights guy in my town told me that is an easy set up (for him) and with the neon kit i have under my fit, the control box just needs to be wired in with the speaker system and it well bet with the sound when set to the setting but that is not till later, and as always its what you want to do to your car

Old 06-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I think if I had one major concern to add was that I think would be long enough just taking the door panel off just to install the lights I do not want to build a LED circle also... too much time... So I think I am going to go with a different light option and add an LED strip under the front 2 doors to add some light when we get in and out of the car.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
puddle lights are functional and cool.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I thought it was cool when i test drove a soul but if i had one as a DD, I'd really just drive around with the led's off.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
puddle lights are functional and cool.
I have custom puddle lights I put together with some 4chip lights I bought from oznium. I also have Orange LEDs tucked in the door pannels in the general cup holder area. The important thing is to make sure people cant see the source of the light, otherwise it is just plain tacky.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
I don't care much about lighting on the speakers as long as the speakers sounds good.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:34 AM
Personally, I think the LEDs in the Kia are rice. Not just rice, but oem rice, it's not even custom. I've never been a big fan of useless LEDs, even on PCs.

Do it if you want it in your car, and don't listen to anybody if they tell you that it's ugly or tacky or rice or whatever. I wouldn't like it in mine, but that's just me.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by sumyungai
personally, i think the leds in the kia are rice. Not just rice, but oem rice, it's not even custom. I've never been a big fan of useless leds, even on pcs.

Do it if you want it in your car, and don't listen to anybody if they tell you that it's ugly or tacky or rice or whatever. I wouldn't like it in mine, but that's just me.

thats right!