2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sony XPLOD sound system in my fit help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Sony XPLOD sound system in my fit help!

Hey wats up guys. So i recently took out the sound system from my old eclipse and want to put it in the fit. I've been hearing that it is not a good idea to put a powerful sound system in the fit. I hear all kinds of things like "you'll need to replace the alternator", "you need another battery", and what not. My main concern is that i don't mess up my car putting in this system. My system include 2 12" sony xplod subwoofers, the 3000 Watt sony xplode dual amplifier , head unit (which i would like to use the one that's on the fit already but probably can't) and rocksford fosgate cables with a ported box. Any suggestions or opinions. thanks alot. sidenote, this site rules in helping recieve great info. thanks guys.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
This may be helpful...or not

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-will-fit.html

I've had my share of high end equipment, spending hours doing killer installs and what not only to have it stolen. Broken windows, cut battery cables, worthless alarm systems, etc...just not worth the hassle. It's truly a heartbeaker when you do all the work yourself and you do it right only to have your car trashed.

The stock system in the Fit is more than adequate for me these days. Of course it lacks "thump" and the mids won't induce immediate ear aches/bleeding but it get's the job done

Old 06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
i was going to take to a place to get it installed. but yea. i've heard that honda's get broken into alot. i'm a little worried about that. idk what to do, sell my system, install it, just hold on to it. then if i have to buy a new alternator, install a new battery, F### that haha. i'm po.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by dsdandaman
i was going to take to a place to get it installed. but yea. i've heard that honda's get broken into alot. i'm a little worried about that. idk what to do, sell my system, install it, just hold on to it. then if i have to buy a new alternator, install a new battery, F### that haha. i'm po.

if u want buy a small back up battery n have it located in the back of ur car.. but den das just gonna take up more space unless u take our ur spare..

but n e ways keep the system and just get some security on ur car besides the STOCK alarms that it comes with because theives can get through that no matter if its a honda acura bmw... just like any car can get broken into
just dont be cocky about ur system or w/e u have inside your car some ppl dont like that n will try to shut u up by taken it..

Old 06-19-2009, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
two 12's... going for the tucked look in the rear?

i would also opt for not going too heavy on stereo... there was one person who put the sub where the spare tire sits. looked clean and sleeperish.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
My aftermarket stereo systems always included the OEM head unit. They say you'll sacrifice some sound quality and versatility, but I think that's a small price to pay for the OEM look. You can buy a line output converter that will work with ANY OEM unit. Expect to pay around $35.00 for one and to cut some wires on the factory harness. I've use two in the past, and they were great.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Incubus
My aftermarket stereo systems always included the OEM head unit. They say you'll sacrifice some sound quality and versatility, but I think that's a small price to pay for the OEM look. You can buy a line output converter that will work with ANY OEM unit. Expect to pay around $35.00 for one and to cut some wires on the factory harness. I've use two in the past, and they were great.
Yeah depends on the car. The GE's factory stereo is actually one of the few that I'd rather not replace, and I'm used to the functionality of a Pioneer 800PRS in my RX8! (L/R EQ, 3-way LPF/HPF network, and time alignment!) I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out how I'm going to get a good sound stage in my soon-to-be-new Fit without sacrificing the functionality, interior space, or OEM looks of the car.