2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?

As the title says is anyone running one? It looks to be a simple bolt-on installation you could do in the garage.

Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar [UR-AR16-146] - $209.00 : UltraRacing USA

A nice set of lowering springs and I think this Ultra Racing bar would be a great addition to stiffen up the rear. I think the GE8 Fit really needs help in the rear to balance out the nose heavy front end.

What do you guys think?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
I will be running one as soon as it comes in from Ultra Racing next week along with some other parts. I will post up pics of the parts once it comes, but they offer two different ones and I opted for the 19mm rear sway bar.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice. Please keep us posted. Do you know anything about the install?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure yet, but I will be installing it with the help of some other members during a tech-meet in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
Like to hear if this makes any improvements, cant see how it will since it bolted entirely to the rear trailing arm which is solid.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
I was meaning to order one...

Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
Like to hear if this makes any improvements, cant see how it will since it bolted entirely to the rear trailing arm which is solid.

thats wat i am wondering... i wish ST made one... that bar did wonders for my crx

Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
No my well respected friend, the center section of the rear axle assembly is a torsion design and it can twist a lot, acts about like an independent rear suspension. I saw how much when I was putting in my springs and put a jack under one side.

Still if the added bar is too stiff if will take the bumps much harsher because both rear wheels will react to the bump.

Install should be cake, and it should (will) make the car more neutral.
My concern is more harshness, and maybe that will not be much of an issue

Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
No my well respected friend, the center section of the rear axle assembly is a torsion design and it can twist a lot, acts about like an independent rear suspension. I saw how much when I was putting in my springs and put a jack under one side.

Still if the added bar is too stiff if will take the bumps much harsher because both rear wheels will react to the bump.

Very good point, Tork. Be it that my car is a daily driver, I would not want to sacrifice ride comfort any more than what it is now. I have DF210s with OEM shocks.

I am interested how much the extra rear sway bar will affect the ride. Will be monitoring this thread.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
I will post pics and my results in this thread since their is interest in it after the install. If a few of you are interested I would ask Redrumm to set up a group-buy that way it can be cheaper since I don't think Ultra Racing USA stocks the rear sway bar since I'm the first one who has it.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ekonetics
I will post pics and my results in this thread since their is interest in it after the install. If a few of you are interested I would ask Redrumm to set up a group-buy that way it can be cheaper since I don't think Ultra Racing USA stocks the rear sway bar since I'm the first one who has it.

That's a great idea. Thank you!

Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Your welcome. I'm trying to have it in for the BC/WA meet.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
in for updates in the market for a rear sway as well!

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork

AH, did not realize that the beam flexed, then it makes perfect sense that this should provide some improved handling by helping to keep the tire planted in cornering.

thanks!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
I got the Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar today, install though will be next Saturday the 20th. I will keep everyone updated.

Name:  DSC00153-1.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
looks cool. Yes the ride will be harsher in the back. I installed my Progress rear sway today for my GD and with coilovers all the way down, it can get bumpy. I live in a state graced with the honor of having the worst roads in the country though. I think you guys will be fine. At least I can take corners a good 10mph faster now. Lot less body roll. I'm in love.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I want to upgrade to coilovers later when their is a bigger selection out for the GEs. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Most Cost Effective Suspension Mod

I got the Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar today, install though will be next Saturday the 20th. I will keep everyone updated.

I believe this is the most cost effective suspension mod anyone can possible do on their FiT!

You will be surprised on the improvement in handling and cornering.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:36 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I want to upgrade to coilovers later when their is a bigger selection out for the GEs. Hopefully everything will be fine.

BTW, any updates on the possible group buy for the Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar yet? TIA.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
BTW, any updates on the possible group buy for the Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar yet? TIA.
I've talked to Redrumm and he is weary about doing it since their is always that one person that holds up everybody else. Mainly they are waiting on me to install the bar before they really sell any because of fitment issues on other parts already.

Last edited by ekonetics; 06-11-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?