2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
This is how the strut bar on J's racing and cusco and other namebrands for the GE

this is my Cusco bar that doesn't bolt to the strut tower.

Name:  DSCF1707.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2545.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  83.4 KB

And actually, the cusco has a 3rd bolting place in the middle

And this is where the REAR STrut bar goes

Name:  Cuscosturtbar052.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  Cuscosturtbar051.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  Cuscosturtbar053.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  Cuscosturtbar048.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  Cuscosturtbar057.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  35.4 KB

Last edited by Fallen_Rock; 06-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Fallen_Rock
This is how the strut bar on J's racing and cusco and other namebrands for the GE

this is my Cusco bar that doesn't bolt to the strut tower.

I've always read the that JDM (RHD) version interferes with the brake fluid reservoir, but yours looks fine! Is that a USDM (LHD) version or does the JDM actually fit? (no pun intended)

Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by vinvtec
if the stock sway bar can't be removed, then how would we mount the Cusco? It looks like it replaces the stock bar, not like the bolt on the Ultra Racing or the Progress bars are.

Cusco Rear Stabilizer Sway Bar GE8 Fit RS
I want to see how they installed that since the stock rear swaybar is welded to the rear axle. Also the Cusco rear sway is 16mm where as stock is 17mm. I believe this bar is intended for those who decide to run full coil-over set-up in the rear. With the right coil-over set-up, I bet a rear swaybar is not even needed.

As for me, this is a fun little daily driver that I'd like to keep streetable. I plan to keep the stock set-up design and add lowering springs and decent set of shocks as opposed to a pricey coil-over set-up.

To me the Ultra Racing bar makes sense by adding the bar below the spring perch to aid the stock swaybar by adding just a little more stiffeness to rear.

The only way to really tell if these bars work other then our butt-o-meter's is to see some real track times with the different bars out there.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 PM
that makes sense to me. IMO unless you're really going to turn your Fit into a track whore, the Ultra or the Progress bars are a more sensible solution to understeer, since the stock bar is welded in place.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Lek
I want to see how they installed that since the stock rear swaybar is welded to the rear axle. Also the Cusco rear sway is 16mm where as stock is 17mm. I believe this bar is intended for those who decide to run full coil-over set-up in the rear. With the right coil-over set-up, I bet a rear swaybar is not even needed.

As for me, this is a fun little daily driver that I'd like to keep streetable. I plan to keep the stock set-up design and add lowering springs and decent set of shocks as opposed to a pricey coil-over set-up.

To me the Ultra Racing bar makes sense by adding the bar below the spring perch to aid the stock swaybar by adding just a little more stiffeness to rear.

The only way to really tell if these bars work other then our butt-o-meter's is to see some real track times with the different bars out there.
That is more or less what the team mechanics told me at Autocar, with a good set of coilovers setup correctly the average driver won't even neeed sway bars unless you want to race. The money you spend on Struts, springs and sway bars etc you can put into good coilovers that will last a long time.

I test drove a Yaris with these Cusco coilovers fitted and the car held the road great without breaking your back. Lets wait and see with the Fit. http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/whats_new/...ver_kitgt.html Anyway, I have ordered a set and they'll get fitted at the end of this month when they arrive from Japan.

Last edited by Lek; 06-27-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Guys.
This is Cusco lower bar fitted to my RHD GE8.
It made some difference on hi speed and winding road driving.

Mods :: Fotopic.Net

T-R

Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
xm8
Does the Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bar bolt up to the same area as the Progress Anti-Roll Bar?

Problem with the Progress Anti-Roll Bar: The 3 bolts on each side of the Progress Anti-Roll Bar push up on the rubber dampener under the coil springs. The Progress Anti-Roll Bar uses 6 allen wrench bolts instead of regular hex bolts.

Last edited by xm8; 03-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
I don't get it- does adding that type of sway bar even do anything at all?

Originally Posted by xm8
Does the Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bar bolt up to the same area as the Progress Anti-Roll Bar?

Problem with the Progress Anti-Roll Bar: The 3 bolts on each side of the Progress Anti-Roll Bar push up on the rubber dampener under the coil springs. The Progress Anti-Roll Bar uses 6 allen wrench bolts instead of regular hex bolts.
So I was crawling under my ride and realized the fit doesn't even have an independent rear suspension. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the progress rsb appears to be 100% cosmetic because the coil buckets are already connected and not independent due to the torsion beam suspension on the fit.

Anybody else notice that?

EDIT:

OK I didn't understand how this suspension worked exactly and I now understand that it is designed to twist to provide some independence in the suspenison (not a ridgid beam). Now I see why this works!

Last edited by jondotcom; 03-19-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
I put the Progress rear sway bar on my 2010 Fit Sport in January. Love it, definitely improves handling-noticeable improvement. Strongly recommend a sway bar for this car.