2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by redrumm
what??? what is just for show?

anyways i will be posting up a thread to see how many people will be intersted in buying the rear sway bar
I'm interested for sure.

Originally Posted by ekonetics
I don't think it can be tucked the other way since its angled to fit a certain way.

The install was easy took about 20 minutes with 4 bolts two on each side.

The bolts do not touch the spring it comes very close though. The heads are on top as well.

Nice. Did you have to drill the holes for the bolts or are they already there? I am just to lazy to crawl under the car right now to see. Thanks.

Also looks very easy to remove if you need to take it in for any warranty work.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Is this the same thing? It's hard to tell but it looks "tucked up" there.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:59 PM
me too! i am in for a group buy!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
That is the same but theirs is also only bolted with one bolt on each side.

They have holes their already.

I don't think its going to be a group buy but more or less special pricing since group buys do not work well for everyone.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Virtual
Is this the same thing? It's hard to tell but it looks "tucked up" there.

Mine is actually tucked up pretty high as well but I don't have a lift to take a better picture of the way it looks. I wouldn't worry too much unless your lowered a lot.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by ekonetics
That is the same but theirs is also only bolted with one bolt on each side.

They have holes their already.

I don't think its going to be a group buy but more or less special pricing since group buys do not work well for everyone.
I crawled under the Fit and saw the holes. I really think that is the best position for mounting and aftermarket rear swaybar. On my Mustang the rear swaybar is mounted on the lower control arms right below the spring perch just like the picture you've shown.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
rear sway is now for sale

Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lek
I have also been looking at a front tower strut bars and all the one I have seen for the new Fit aren't so good. They don't install on top of the struts only fixed on the body.
I think this is a bunch of MALARKY! The front tower bars do not have to be bolted to the top of the struts to be effective! I have the Cusco front and rear tower bars and it made a WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE! whoever told you that it has to be bolted to the top of the struts to be "good" is an idiot. the goal of a sturt bar or "tower bar" is to connect one side of the car to the other side a.k.a. driver side to the passenger side. making it more sturdy and have less body flex. The j's , cusco, and other brand names all conect one side of the the frame to the the other side of the frame A.k.A "body" makeing it do its job and do it GOOD! Not trying to sound like a douche but i keep hearing complaints of how it's not good because its not an OLD Fashion strut to strut setup. and it is not true

Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bars and Strut Bar is just a waste of your money... Try bending it... The material used are just CMI. The mounting just ain't right.

Compared to Cusco, it makes a big difference...

Agrees with what Fallen_Rock has written.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quick92ciFit
As the title says is anyone running one? It looks to be a simple bolt-on installation you could do in the garage.

Rear Anti-roll Bar / Rear Sway Bar / Rear Stabilizer Bar [UR-AR16-146] - $209.00 : UltraRacing USA

A nice set of lowering springs and I think this Ultra Racing bar would be a great addition to stiffen up the rear. I think the GE8 Fit really needs help in the rear to balance out the nose heavy front end.

What do you guys think?

Or you could reduce undesteer by reducing front ASB.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by chaicka
Ultra Racing Anti-Roll Bars and Strut Bar is just a waste of your money... Try bending it... The material used are just CMI. The mounting just ain't right.

Compared to Cusco, it makes a big difference...

Agrees with what Fallen_Rock has written.
What is CMI? and what's wrong with the mounting? Where should it be mounted? It seems like that it is mounted in the best location since the stock sway is unable to be removed.

Originally Posted by mahout
Or you could reduce undesteer by reducing front ASB.
What is ASB?

Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quick92ciFit
What is CMI? and what's wrong with the mounting? Where should it be mounted? It seems like that it is mounted in the best location since the stock sway is unable to be removed.

What is ASB?
By ASB, I think he means anti-sway bar.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:07 AM
if the stock sway bar can't be removed, then how would we mount the Cusco? It looks like it replaces the stock bar, not like the bolt on the Ultra Racing or the Progress bars are.

Cusco Rear Stabilizer Sway Bar GE8 Fit RS

Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Lek
Now thats a real stabilizer bar. Ask the pros.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by Lek
Yeah, I think I'll hit my cousin up on that one, he's a master mechanic at a Honda dealer ... that is if I can find a buyer for my kidney which I'd have to sell to afford the Cusco bar

Old 06-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Lek
I have just arrived back from this place and Cusco products are getting cheaper evryday. They laught when I mentioned Ultra racing products.

These are my next babies. (Cusco : Zero GT- Suspension) They will arrive at the end of June.

http://www.super-autocar.com//?products+views+00000004

:: Super Autocar ::

Last edited by Lek; 06-26-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lek
Yes, two thumbs up on this.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jaydubz79
+1 I cant wait to hear some impressions of this set up!

We want to know independent lap times before and after bar installation.The pros here are still on the floor laughing.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fallen_Rock
I think this is a bunch of MALARKY! The front tower bars do not have to be bolted to the top of the struts to be effective! I have the Cusco front and rear tower bars and it made a WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE! whoever told you that it has to be bolted to the top of the struts to be "good" is an idiot. the goal of a sturt bar or "tower bar" is to connect one side of the car to the other side a.k.a. driver side to the passenger side. making it more sturdy and have less body flex. The j's , cusco, and other brand names all conect one side of the the frame to the the other side of the frame A.k.A "body" makeing it do its job and do it GOOD! Not trying to sound like a douche but i keep hearing complaints of how it's not good because its not an OLD Fashion strut to strut setup. and it is not true

I think yhey meant the top of the shock portion of the strut. Many ASB's are linked to the shock section and not the top of the rod as was implied.
That would work of course. And those attaching to the trailing arms are not taking into account the 'warp' that the bar gets when twisted. Thats why the good antisway bars are attached to the body, to keep the twist uniform.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by mahout
I think yhey meant the top of the shock portion of the strut. Many ASB's are linked to the shock section and not the top of the rod as was implied.
That would work of course. And those attaching to the trailing arms are not taking into account the 'warp' that the bar gets when twisted. Thats why the good antisway bars are attached to the body, to keep the twist uniform.

We were talking about upper strut bars not sway bars

Quick Reply: Anyone running Ultra Racing rear sway bar?