2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

i need help with my 09 sport =\

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:32 AM
i need help with my 09 sport =\

just got my car and just got into the "car game". anyone know what typa springs i should get for my 09 sport? also, what would be a nice sounding muffler? not tryna spend too much since im plannin on a hawaii trip soon.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 AM
car game you mean car modding

axleback = SPOON N1
springs = EIBACH PRO-KIT

had them before in my RSX-S and loved it. goodluck

Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
thanks bro. appreciate it much. - FITLOVE

Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 AM
First off I'd like to welcome ya!
Second please resize the picture in your sig, its a little too big :P
Third, we have some threads already on what is available as far as aftermarket parts goes.

One thing you can do to benefit yourself and the community is to learn to utilize the resources available. Meaning, you don't have to go and make a new thread everytime you have a question, because chances are the answer has already been mentioned, its just waiting to be searched

Welcome again!

Old 06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
That's what you going to get from mostly each member to search it up yourself I remember when I first join this site I got the same answer wil I'll let you know what's up there's really any after makert parts yet for the 09 just wait a lil longer just remember the car just came out

Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
First off I'd like to welcome ya!
Second please resize the picture in your sig, its a little too big :P
Third, we have some threads already on what is available as far as aftermarket parts goes.

One thing you can do to benefit yourself and the community is to learn to utilize the resources available. Meaning, you don't have to go and make a new thread everytime you have a question, because chances are the answer has already been mentioned, its just waiting to be searched

Welcome again!
People are so eager to leap into threads and start new posts. And it IS exciting getting a new car. The car is overwhelming and so is all the info on this site. There's so much!

New folks don't realize, I think, that it's like rewriting a book that's already been written. When they ask a question that is the same or similar to ones already asked.

And I think long time members forget how EAGER they were when they got their car, hungry for knowledge.

There's a good way to interact, is for long time members who are here frequently to pick a topic they LOVE LOVE LOVE and know a lot about, and know where all the really good threads are on the subject.

Because new people aren't going to stop being EAGER and wanting to know everything about a certain topic.

I used to do something similar on another discussion area about a completely different topic. I browsed the heck out of the site, made many bookmarks in my browser, sorted them by topics, etc. So I became THE source of finding things on that site.

If several long timers had different subjects they knew about and had many threads bookmarked, this site becomes THE site to go for information.

Suspension. Sound systems. Aftermarket interior stuff. Aftermarket exterior body mods. Head lamps and all lighting on the exterior of the car. Wheels (what fits, where are pictures, who has good prices). Scan gauge. Fuel economy. Performance enhancing alterations. Warranty, yes, warranty, what things do and don't affect our warranty. Reviews, opinions, by car magazines and online automobile sites.

There are so many possible ideas for someone to be an expert. To have a passing knowledge of what it is, and where to find it on this site in threads.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Personally I think the search feature on here makes it difficult to narrow down bc it removes words it deems too common or too short. I would love to be able to search for GE or GE8 but it removes them

Old 06-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by kostar
Personally I think the search feature on here makes it difficult to narrow down bc it removes words it deems too common or too short. I would love to be able to search for GE or GE8 but it removes them

Have you tried using the tag search? That usually covers the words less than three letters

Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
personally if you have the frikken time to write an essay about the searchbutton, you should just reply to the OP with a useful link like this one here.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
^^^"That was way harsh Ty... Let's just tawlk when we've mellowed."

Gack, didn't even see the tag cloud option. Thanks for pointing it out!!

Old 06-03-2009, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Rather than ridicule this guy for asking a question, take the time to actually answer the question! You guys probably spent more time writing about the search box than it would have taken you to just give him some advice.

So, some things to do to your car... I'm not too sure what's out for the GE8 yet, but I have Eibach Sportlines on my GD3 and they are fantastic! They give a really nice drop and provide much better handling.

As for a muffler, it all depends on your tastes. Do you want one that's loud and attention-grabbing, or a good looking one that's relatively quiet? Like others have said, I don't think there are many customized parts out for GE8 yet, but I'm sure you can find some nice universal axle-backs. Or wait for Skunk2 to make a cat-back for your car

Good luck, and welcome to FitFreak. Really, we're actually pretty nice people.

Doug

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks to all

thanks to all who have left replies whether positive or negative haha. but i have learned a lot from this site and i'm pretty set on what im gettin. appreciate all the help and once again, FITLOVE! hope to see yall on the road soon